• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Warlock Unholy Power - Tooltip ?

Cr0wL0ck

During vanilla i never used my Imp for damage however taken the below information into consideration i begin to wonder if Unholy Power had an incorrect tooltip ? The links below are from early tbc however as explained they do not state a change but rather a correction. I thought this was interesting for discussion in a thread :wink: So far judging by what i dug up and came across i would say that it would affect imp even in 1.12.1 considering the time however i would rather see a debate/discussion in case someone played with it back then as personally i was frost/fire mage & affliction/destruction warlock most of the time.

Youtube 22-01-2007 lvl 60
As an experiment I specced into ... all » everything I could to increase my imp's dps. 3/3 Imp imp, 5/5 Unholy Power (it increases the imp, tested, it just doesn't say it), 3/3 Demonic Knowledge, 2/2 Imp Firebolt. Add The Black Book, Pimgib's Collar, and around 620 shadow damage... voila. 410dps on a CoE'd target, 600 dps with the book.
This recording as its latest would be from 2.0.5 as 2.0.6 came the 23rd. I went from 2.1.0 and through all the patches down to patch 0.6.0 the first patch notes shown to the public, i even went through the undocumented & followed history on wow.gamepedia & wowwiki however their history is blank only having an icon and few of them have bits of the description so it seems something was lost over the years. I even used Google Wayback Archives to track old forum conversations that where linked to in relation to it. This recording and comment stating to have discovered that Unholy Power affects Imp Firebolt was uploaded 4 month's before the Tooltip description was corrected. I even looked through a few PTR notes yet still no word of the change or if it wasn't just a typo from the beginning.

Patch 2.1.0 15-05-2007
The tooltip has been corrected to indicate it works with the Imp's Firebolt.
The only change in Unholy Power was in 1.6.0 where they removed the requirement to have Fel Stamina before you could put talents into it.

Simple Answer. TBC spellpowerscaling.
But even without that you will get decent dps out of your Imp with demo spec and blackbook.

30% 20% 3% 1sec cast blackbook pigmib CoE

Add 15% from Imp. Searing pain and the Imp alone can do 350~dps.

I still don't get threads like this :whistling:

Try it out and report back?

Top Bottom