• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Update Molten Core Loot Tables to Include T2

Qiyn

Originally, all of tier 2 dropped off of bosses in the first tier of raiding (meaning: Onyxia and Molten Core). It was not until patch 1.4 (two months before BWL release) until this was changed.

From Wowwiki for patch 1.4.0: "Prior to this patch, Molten Core boss creatures could drop items from one of two different tiered sets for every character class. The loot tables have been changed so Molten Core bosses will now only drop items from the lower tier class sets."

In patch 1.5 (one month prior to release of BWL), the items were updated to reflect what they are in patch 1.12. From Wowwiki for patch 1.5.0: "The following item sets have had their statistics, effects, and set bonuses updated:
  • Arcanist, Netherwind, Prophecy, Transcendence, Felheart, Nemesis, Cenarion, Stormrage Raiment, Nightslayer, Bloodfang, Giantstalker, Dragonstalker, Earthfury, Ten Storms, Might, Wrath, Lawbringer, and Judgement. "
What i suggest is to first put in both tier two and tier one on the loot tables (but not all of tier one, since Molten Core did not drop all of tier one until patch 1.4). Then about a month or two into the server, remove the tier 2 items. Finally, a month later, update all of tier 1 and tier 2 items to reflect patch 1.12 stats and set bonuses.

It would immensely enhance our vanilla experience if these 'blizzlike' changes are implemented on Kronos.

We play on an 1.12.1 server, so we use the 1.12.1 patch and in my oppinion its an idea with less sence behind. Why do you want to change this? I think many players love it how it is now and thats a reason why they play vanilla and not retail.

If this should be implemented i want old t2 models again!!

But on the other hand this is not a good idea. You're pretty much removing BWL from the list... Which makes uhh... no sense at all to me?

Well and I want players with 0 experience like in these days pls :crying::laugh:
Honestly I think that we should be glad to play vanilla again in 1.12.1 version and anything before this patch should stay in our memories how it was back then :cool2:

Last edited:
Not all T2 dropped from MC, only some items. I don;t remember chest, shoulders ever dropping in MC.
Still this is a bad idea and Blizzard felt this way by moving the T2 to BWL.

Not all T2 dropped from MC, only some items. I don;t remember chest, shoulders ever dropping in MC.
Still this is a bad idea and Blizzard felt this way by moving the T2 to BWL.

I always thought that there is only one T2 set item (legs I believe) dropping in MC.

T2 pants on Rag, helm on Onyxia, rest in BWL.

Some people complain it'll be too easy, some want T2 in MC. Oh well.

Last edited:
But first, IF you want to change this, then you have to change stats of these items and that is hardly possible

But first, IF you want to change this, then you have to change stats of these items and that is very possible

The old T1/T2 stats and set bonuses are still easily available.

So i fixed your post.

People that think this will enhance their experience and allow them to "relive" the "old days" probably never experienced "the old days" in the first place.
The "THIS IS BLEEZLIEK PLS IMPLEMENT" crowd are so delusional.

Would you have us remove paladins ability to do greater blessings until AQ40 then?
Remove warriors pummel until a few months post server release?
Un normalize weapon speeds, allow pvp player resistance to go negative and make all CCs last full duration with no diminishing returns?
"Blizzlike" is the worst word the private server community ever coined.

Last edited:
B-but, but Blizzlike!

Oh Ironsides, i am disappointed in you. This thread was intended to be ironic.

"Blizzlike" is the worst word the private server community ever coined.

This.

This is literally the worst part of the private server community. Blizzard wasn't perfect with any patch. The reason we choose 1.12.1 is because it has all of the end game content, and it is the least shitty.

Leveling sucks and only prolongs the time between being able to do the end game content and the shittyness that is vanilla leveling.

Classes aren't balanced, and certain specs are just worthless.

Gear makes little sense until Naxx (AQ40 hunter set as example of it still being fucked at that point.)

Why people insist on things being "Blizzlike" when certain changes actually make the game better is beyond me. Obviously that can go too far, but there are things that the private server community has responded well too. Higher experience rates being one of them, linked AH's, Ability to que BG's anywhere, etc.

I understand wanting "Blizzlike" servers, but with the things that really matter; Quests, Dungeons, Raids, spells/abilities, scripting as a whole. The changes that servers make are usually intended to help players experience those things more readily. If that means a server isn't "Blizzlike" then I hope that servers stop being "Blizzlike".

So true Azalus!

For me the way Kronos plans to gradually release content is the best. Also not with partial releases but the whole instance at once. Reverting gear, talents and changes to previous patches is really a waste of dev resources because it just gets reverted after the server is 1 year old. Players that join the server at that point really don't benefit from these efforts.

For me blizzlike is a server where you can't donate for gear or vote points and you don't skip the leveling process. That way reaching 60 and getting gear is an achievement and you have to work trough every dungeon to eventually squat kel'thuzad. And you might never do that. You don't simply finish vanilla, that's what makes it so mythical for me. It is not kleenex entertainment like what seems to be the standard today.

Last edited:
Blizzlike, the word that means whatever you want it to mean! Examples to show use of the word: Blizzlike WoW servers are the most fun. Or: My favorite foods are pizza, pasta, and blizzlike.

I like how i suggest something that is not 'blizzlike' and the forumgoers come to attack! "Hell no! That is a bad suggestion because it is not blizzlike enough!" But then, i suggest something that actually resembles vanilla wow. "Hell no! That is a bad suggestion because it is way too blizzlike!" Oh, Goldilocks posters, tell me how to suggest something that is 'just right' blizzlike.

The reason we choose 1.12.1 is because it has all of the end game content, and it is the least shitty.

Serious face now on. Patch 1.12.1 definitely has all the end game content for vanilla. However, it is not the least shitty. Arguably patch 1.11 (and patch 1.12 was basically of the same content) was the worst patch in all of WoW (even more than patch 2.2!). It is the patch Blizzard absolutely gave up on their dream of hybrids. If you look at all the raid gear from Molten Core through Ahn'Qiraj, the stats/set bonuses supported all specs.

It upsets me when players say that Blizzard tried their hardest to pigeonhole these classes into the healing role. Blizzard did not do that, players did. Blizzard finally gave up with hybrid classes viability outside of healing in patch 1.11. Look at Naxxramas gear for evidence. First time druid gear is itemized for restoration, and not balance/feral. Same goes for other class gear. By giving up on this dream of hybrid viability, Blizzard opened up the floodgates for class homogenization.

Vanilla WoW was two different expansions (in all but a new cd). Early vanilla had the idea of a WORLD of warcraft. Your spec was your identity. It might seem dumb to have a mana reduction on shapeshifting as the end all feral talent. But you were a master of shapeshifting! Shapeshift to your heart's content! Late vanilla had the mindset of raiding be the endall of wow. The holy trinity of mmos does indeed suck. But if it works in raids, screw the gameplay!

It is sad, because the early vanilla mindset could have been compatible with raiding. It is also sad that TwinStar and forumgoers forgo this vanilla mindset. Because if it wasn't for vanilla starting this way, we all would have hated WoW from the beginning.

Last edited:
I failed to mention one more key difference between old and new vanilla. In old vanilla, you were a "insert class here" first, and then a "insert spec here" second. Starting in new vanilla, this way of thinking deteriorated into being "insert spec here" first and foremost. Your class only served you to get to a spec, pretty much nothing else.

Qiyn, i recomend you to watch Blizzcon 2005 wow developers panel. There blizzard lead dungeon designer sayed something like - "We have been creating our dungeon design with knowledge what class in what spec will go there, like druids/priests will heal, warriors will tank and so on. That will change in our next expansion where we want to allow players to play whichever class and spec they want. And our dungeon design must be updated to for this" -- Well, that is a "rough reproduction", find it on youtube if you want.

What i wanted to say, in vanilla, they actualy counted on what specs will be used in raids. Even when "hybrid" class T sets had some other stats, it wasn't meant to be used for raiding in other specs.

Hmm, do you mean this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioQWkWj5_ss, on the character class panel? Oh wait, that video supports everything i was saying in this thread (especially if you watch the last 2 minutes).

No, you didn't want me to watch a video that would 100% support my argument. You must have meant this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Falm0H7VEiQ (on raid encounters). Because in the video, the developer is saying that the raid design team has an idea of what each class is doing in the encounter. He goes on to ask, "Is the druid healing?" This is really the only snippet i have found that could support your argument.

Does it really support your argument, though? No, not really. First off, he phrases it in a question. He is not saying that the druid has to be healing. Right after asking this question, he asks, "Is the rogue getting blown up?" Does that imply the rogue's role is to die? Of course not.

Second, it should be unsurprising to see a druid healing in Blizzard's original view of the druid, as that is what the class is about. The druid is a hybrid; regardless of what he is specialized in, he is still a druid, and thus still going to throw out heals. This would explain why the tier 2 8-piece bonus reduces the cast time on regrowth. Step into Blizzard's shoes for a moment. You are fighting in cat form, but get low. You pop out of cat form to heal yourself (as quickly as possible, of course). Then you pop into bear form to try and reduce the damage you take. Wow, this scenario makes that set bonus (which did not change in patch 1.4) to actually support ferals over resto druids!

An intelligent person will make one of three choices. He could accept that he was wrong, but realize he is too stubborn to change, and thus will not continue to post in this thread. He could accept that he was wrong, and change his beliefs. Or, he could still believe he is right, but post concrete evidence supporting his theory (and this time, do not post evidence that clearly supports my theory ;))

Well, as i see, it highly depends on interpretation. He sayed "we ask what each class do, as druid am i heal or should i hibernate? As tank am i main tank or off tank?". And in your druid example - If you, as cat, recieve any damage to utilize faster regrowth, then something is very wrong in your raid.

Top Bottom