• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Warrior Updated fury bis for aq release?

Giskard

So last week with bwl-lvl gear available, fury bis weapons were either 2h spec with bonereaver's or dw with ironfoe+something (probably varying by race - maladeth for humans, crul for orc etc). As i understand it so far these have been roughly equal, with ironfoe+whatever pulling ahead a bit, especially with full world buffs.

I'm mainly talking about horde side here, but allies should feel free to chime in.

Now personally, I'm rolling in cookiecutter 20/31 2h with a bonereavers. Now that aq40 is out, should i expect to upgrade from that or is bonereavers still best until naxx? If so i expect that MAYBE Edge of insanity might be better on an orc, or definitely ironfoe and the +mace offhand assuming i get lucky on ironfoe? Anything i'm missing here?

Also - I've heard conflicting reports - is yellow/2h hit cap 8% or 9% on this server? I swear i remember on retail vanilla the base miss chance being 5.6%, plus 1/mob lvl, making raid boss miss chance 8.6%, meaning a 9% cap. Am I insane?

BRE will last well into naxx, probably on par with KT weapons. Similar story for ironfoe if you're world buffed.

to not waste hit in AQ with a 2h you will need ideally the mail pants from fankriss.

assuming 300 weapon skill, hit cap should be 8%. vs a 61 mob it's 5.5%, 62 - 6%. Every point of bonus weapon skill via racials or gear will increase your chance to hit by 0.04% per rating.

if a player or mob attacks a player then it's just base 5% + 0.04% per weapon/defense skill difference with no distinction being made between base weapon skill or bonus rating.

Last edited:
Head - Lionheart Helm
Neck - Barbed Choker
Shoulders - Conqueror's Spaulders
Back - Drape of Unyielding Strength OR Puissant Cape
Chest - Breastplate of Annihilation
Wrist - Qiraji Execution Bracers OR Hive Defiler Wristguards
Hands - Gauntlets of Annihilation OR Edgemaster's Handguards if you have a weapon combo and dont have any extra skills from race.
Waist - Onslaught Girdle
Legs - Titanic Leggings
Feet - Chromatic Boots OR Boots of the Shadow Flame
Rings - Quick Strike Ring and Master Dragonslayer's Ring
Trinkets - Drake Fang Talisman and Hand of Justice, depending on fight duration you can swap in an active one such as Earthstrike, Diamond Flask, Jom Gabbar or Badge of the Swarmguard(not sure about this).
Ranged - Striker's Mark OR Crossbow of Imminent Doom OR Larvae of the Great Worm

Weapon combo BiS is most likely Ironfoe + Anubisath Warhammer
If you dont have Ironfoe, As Human its Chromatically Tempered Sword + Maladath
If you dont have Ironfoe, as Orc its Blessed Qiraji War Axe + Crul'shorukh (would be better if someone who raids on horde side commented on this, AQ40 axe has only 7 less avg damage than Deathbringer, would that be too much of a loss with WF totems?)
If you dont have Ironfoe and you are not an human or an orc, why do you even live?[rip myself :'( ]
jk I'm not sure. I'm have a gut feeling it would be Crul'shorukh + Death's Sting

The pieces i put an OR between are very close and depends on the rest of your items. Just find a suitable setup and choose for yourself. People have different tastes. You can also get both items and have different enchants. Such as minor speed/agility on boots, or lesser agi/subletly on cloak.

For 2H spec you might want to consider Kalimdor's Revenge as its proc is amazing and speed is very decent.

Last edited:
Pretty sure BRE is going to be better than Kalimdor's Revenge, what I'm really surious about is as an orc, what's the comparison going to be like between 2hfury+BRE and dwfury+BQW/Crul. Guessing 2h+BRE wins out due to the proc. We'll see.

Top Bottom