• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Updated Rules & Raid Resets

zarquon

Dear Players,

as announced on the website the updated and revised rules for Kronos have been in effect since this Monday. You can find the rules here. Many clauses we no longer deemed necessary have been removed while some have been slightly altered to be either more precise or apply in a broader sense.

The biggest change that will likely affect the most players is that blindspotting in neutral towns is no longer punished in any way. We were unhappy with punishing players for things most in our team saw as trivial and have thus reconsidered our philosophy in this regard. Additionally the guards in the four Steamwheedle Cartel cities now have their intended ranged attack that includes a small knockback, which they will use should they not be able to reach players through normal pathfinding. While guards at Light’s Hope Chapel and in Cenarion Hold do not have this ability, we believe that blindspotting in these places is not nearly as much of a problem since these are high level zones and both offer enough spots to use LoS against potential attackers as well as the possibility to move to a spot where you cannot be attacked without receiving guard assistance.

We have also decided to move the scheduled 7 day raid reset timer from Friday 6 AM CEST to Wednesday 6 AM CEST, to coincide with the weekly honor calculation, as was the case on European retail servers. This will effect the lockout that began today, 15th of May, which will be cut short and reset on Wednesday the 20th.

At this point we would also like to remind our players to please provide updated information on issues marked as Need Retest in the BugTracker. Helping us in this way often significantly reduces the work our GMs and Testers have to do and thus speeds up the overall bug fixing process.

The Kronos Team

Very nice, the PvP in neutral towns change will most probably result in less work for the staff and less frustration for players.

I miss zarquon on the bug tracker :/ No other GM/Dev would check my bug reports and see if they are good enough to Confirm :p

Thanks Kronos Team. Also, could you give an example of this please:

"Resurrecting players with non-combat spells during combat in an instance"

Our guild has had several discussions of how someone might be banned for this. Thanks!

normally all ppl in the instance should get combat flagged as soon as a boss is triggered to avoid that

Hello, I have to express my opinion on not banning blindspotting.

Nowadays some players just sit on the arc above Silithus' Cenarion Hold, shooting pyroblasts and shit down on the opposite faction players. This is clearly a bug abusing, as there is NO WAY to counterattack them and also, unless you are really good geared, it's really hard to survive such an attack. This makes questing in Silithus terribly frustrating sometimes, as you can't even turn in some quests without dying. And what's even worse, if priests mind control somebody from that spot, all town guards attack the victim and either he/she dies by guards (and the items break by 10%) or the priest simply one-shots him/her and the victim dies anyway.

I suggest rethinking of that decision. These kinds of exploiting really destroy the game. I see more and more people quiting the vanilla WoW and exploiting like this could be one of the reasons to ragequit. I personally wouldn't mind, if there weren't players camping that spot for hours, doing nothing but ruining the other players game and getting no punishment at all, just plenty of free honor points.

Last edited:
Hello, I have to express my opinion on not banning blindspotting.

Nowadays some players just sit on the arc above Silithus' Cenarion Hold, shooting pyroblasts and shit down on the opposite faction players. This is clearly a bug abusing, as there is NO WAY to counterattack them and also, unless you are really good geared, it's really hard to survive such an attack. This makes questing in Silithus terribly frustrating sometimes, as you can't even turn in some quests without dying. And what's even worse, if priests mind control somebody from that spot, all town guards attack the victim and either he/she dies by guards (and the items break by 10%) or the priest simply one-shots him/her and the victim dies anyway.

I suggest rethinking of that decision. These kinds of exploiting really destroy the game. I see more and more people quiting the vanilla WoW and exploiting like this could be one of the reasons to ragequit. I personally wouldn't mind, if there weren't players camping that spot for hours, doing nothing but ruining the other players game and getting no punishment at all, just plenty of free honor points.

This is a PvP server not PvE.
Also, you cannot stand on the "bridge" and not getting attacked.
This is not a bug or exploit.

This is a PvP server not PvE.
Also, you cannot stand on the "bridge" and not getting attacked.
This is not a bug or exploit.
Wrong, you CAN stand on the bridge ( stone arc) and the guards wohnt attack you - i saw you do it yourself and did it myself too! Guards should have some range knockback when they cant reach a player if i remember correctly

Edit - edited post as I did some deeper reading into the rules and situations the server staff faced, and the overall greater good that was being accomplished with their decisions.

Last edited:
Top Bottom