• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

US Latency

Berriliun

I have been hearing mixed comments about the server being hosted in Europe. Being from America can anyone tell me what I can expect latency wise on a normal day on Kronos?

well if the Kronos server is hosted the same place as kronos-wow.com, then you can get an estimated guess if you trace this ip "80.79.28.40", simply open "CMD" and write "Tracert 80.79.28.40" the end result should give you a good hint as to what it will be.

ofc. that is assuming it is located on the same server or close by, it could as well be hosted elsewhere.

i hope this helps or that a kronos tester or admin will tell you :biggrin:

note: probably best if you go with the method mentioned by Zed, it should give you the most accurate guess :wink:

Last edited:
I do not own those.
1: you can create
2: you can ping, and hope its located the same place :)
3: you can wait for the dependable crew or a tester from US to answer :wink:

note: you wont find a more capable or dependable team anywhere except on twinstar :laugh:

From Washington State, West Coast USA, my latency with the Twinstar Ares 2.4.3 BC server was 220. If Kronos is hosted from the same location as the other Twinstar servers, I should be doing okay in playing here.

My biggest concern was with spellcasting, with both normal and instant spells. After some testing I felt that there was only a tiny difference from what I experienced in playing on the old retail Cenarian Circle server, and that my latency and response time is markedly better than what I get from ED server currently.

I feel pretty confident with going into PvP with what my testing showed me.
http://forum.twinstar.cz/showthread...munity-Numbers?p=678782&viewfull=1#post678782

I ran a latency test earlier. I live in Montreal, Canada and got 180 ms ping to a server in the Czech Republic, which is very respectable to play WoW.

Also a VPN may or may not help you to get a lower and more stable ping from US to EU or vice verca.
When i played FFXIV as it came out i had horrible lag towards their data center in Montreal (i'm in SE, EU) and i used https://www.wtfast.com/ back then, it lowered my ping considerably and the lag was gone. WoW is probably a lot more forgiving then FFXIV was but it's always an option if your ISP have bad routing overseas :). They have a 14 or 30 day free trial iirc so it's free to try out if needed.

I just ran the trace (Ohio here) and the test for twinstar came back at 165 ms. I have an 18 Mbps connection, so if you have anything similar to that, you should not be experiencing any issues.

I played on Kronos here before they decided to really push for the best server (ive always been happy with their decision, as the scripting even back then was amazing, knowing its gonna be even better and definitely with a big player base is exciting!)

Anyways, I would get about 180ms from westcoast Canada on this server previously. (vancouver)
Very playable, still in the green! so dont worry.

Top Bottom