• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Useful User Experience Addons for 1.12

Struckd

Authorized
This is just a short complied list of addons which will help the accessibility and usability of WoW, and just adds a few adjustments to reduce annoyances as you travel around Azeroth.

Note, this list includes addons which enhances the user experience/quality of life (QoL), so full UI overhaul mods (like XPerl), raid assist mods, class-specific mods or just general addons like Auctioneer, KLM Threatmeter and QuestHelper are not included in this list.

If you have had personal experience with an addon that meets the criteria I have stated above, please let me know about it and i'll add it to the list.

All these addons (and every addon for 1.12) are located online on two google drives:
Google Drive 1 - Addons for 1.12.1 - Addons sorted alphabetically that start with Punctuation/A - O

Google Drive 2 - Addons for 1.12.1 - Addons sorted alphabetically that start with P - Z

The addons are listed alphabetically for easy navigation and you can view every addon individually to pick them out and download. All the addon's listed are located in these drives, however, any better or updated version found of the addon will be linked under its description. If you can't find the addon you are looking for, try searching for the addon under a different name. For example: EQL3 instead of Extended QuestLog 3

These addons are for 1.12 and are probably the devs first attempt/first concept of the mod...so they are likely to be a little bit incomplete compared to their newer versions for expansions. The ones in the list however are quite stable and are known to work properly.

Some of these mods will require you to check the "Load Out-of-Date Addons" in the addon interface menu on the character section screen. If you find that a particular mod requires another mod to run, you can easily find that required mod on the google drives as well.

Atlas

latest

Atlas is an addon for World of Warcraft that includes detailed maps for every instance in the game. Furthermore, Atlas provides detailed and accurate information about all of the creatures, NPCs, objects, and events you'll encounter in each dungeon. General information about each zone is provided as well, including its location, level range, player limit, attenuation requirement, and associated faction. All entrances, exits, portals, and connections are labelled clearly. Finally, in addition to instances, Atlas comes with a handful of optional components that add even more maps. These include outdoor encounter maps, global transportation maps, dungeon location maps, and battleground maps. A number of third-party Atlas extensions are available as well, which further augment the functionality of Atlas. AtlasLoot is the most popular of these, providing detailed drop and item information for every encounter.

Atlas Loot

02798929.jpg

AtlasLoot is an UI mod allowing for loot tables of bosses to be browsed whenever needed within the game. It can access full item tooltips, show drop rates, allow items to be chat linked and to use the dressing room. AtlasLoot allows players to view all items that are currently attainable in game. In order to view the tooltips of a specific item at least one player on your World off Warcraft server must have seen the item drop of its perspective Dungeon Boss. Items will not be added to your in-game library until they are made available for acquisition.

Bartender2

Bartender2.png

Bartender is a full ActionBar replacement mod. It provides you with all the features needed to fully customize most aspects of your action and related bars. It is easy to use, lightweight and easily customisable, however, it does have one down side.

Bartender2 is the best version of the action bar mod for vanilla. The downside is that it does not include the experience bar. It actually removes it completely. To overcome this, I suggest using the mod Better Experience Bar (BEB in the google drives) to bring back the experience bar and allow for further customisation.

Bartender2 is also a requirement for a few full UI overhaul addons as well.

Carnival/Natur Enemy Cast Bar

necboptions.jpg

Carnival Enemy Cast Bar (CECB) or known later in life as Natur Enemy Cast Bar (NECB) is an addon which displays the enemy cast bar as a movable bar. It also displays the debuffs applied to the target as duration bars.

There are a few things to note when using this addon (or any enemy cast bar addon). In vanilla WoW it is impossible to know the talents of the target through the WoW client, so sometimes the duration bars will display inaccurate information. Moreover when you interrupt the spell the cast bar will still continue regardless, but the spell will be interrupted.

You can choose whether to show the debuffs as duration bars. This will show up as a bar in the same area as the cast bar. With the vanilla version of this addon there is currently no way to separate the two to show on different parts of the screen. In addition, like the cast bars, they are not always accurate and generally show the debuffs ending later than they actually do (this seems to be so it won’t mess up the addon when you refresh the DoT, since the duration bar will not reset if it is allowed to end)

I recommend using a different version of NECB then from the google drives (It is known as Carnival in the google drives). The version I recommend can be found on this forum post posted by Aieris: Enemy Cast Bar

Cartographer

pvw5664.png

Cartographer is a modular, lightweight, and efficient framework for manipulation of the world map.

I use this mod to display co-ordinates on the world map. It also provides level ranges for each area and what dungeons they contain if you zoom out to the continental view of the map. As it comes it overlays your map with a fully explored version. This can be toned down to 0% transparency to revert back to your original map and show what places you have yet to explore. Cartographer also has a built in feature which tracks and records the nodes you have gathered and displays them on the map.

Clique

pvw44358.png

Clique is a simple addon that enables powerful click-casting and hover-casting on your unit frames and in the 3D game world. You can bind virtually any mouse or keyboard combination to a spell or macro. In it's normal configuration this enables you to use the bindings over your unit frames in order to cast spells directly on that unit. This allows you to more quickly select both the spell to cast, and the target of the spell without requiring an extra click.

Binding a spell is just a matter of finding the spell in your spellbook, putting your mouse over it, and performing the binding you would like to add. For example, if you'd like to set 'Regrowth' to activate on 'Shift-LeftButton', then you just find that spell in your spellbook and then Shift-LeftClick on it. You can also bind keyboard combinations, so you could do the same with Shift-R if you'd like.

I personally haven't used this addon to its full extent, but it does work well. If you are willing to put some time into your keybinds, this because a very powerful addon that will give you a slight edge.

CS AddOn Organiser

pvw12046.jpg

This mod allows you to turn on and off, all of your current mods in your addon directory. The author made this because he wanted a simple and straight way to get an over-view of the addons installed, and a quick way to enable and disable them. Now you can create profiles, load them and delete them, while playing the game.

CTMod

CTMod is a custom user interface for World of Warcraft that adds tools ranging from the most basic functionality enhancements to advanced gameplay features, based on what the user needs. CTMod is the umbrella term to many different independant mods that enhance your user experience. It has something for everyone, however, the most useful mods i find in the CT arsenal will be listed below.

CT_MailMod

pvw96.jpg

This is a mandatory mod if you wish to send items in bulk to a single character. In Vanilla WoW, you are only able to send one mail, with one item, at a time, which can be an extreme pain if you enjoy playing the auction house or have crafting alts. This gives you an ability which took Blizzard a few expansions to implement into their default UI.

ElkBuffBars

EBB_01.jpg

This replaces the, in my opinion, small, annoying buff icons with a movable list of all buffs and debuffs that you have, with duration timer bar, so you can easily see when a buff or debuff will end.

EnhTooltip

pvw2636.jpg

EnhTooltip is a tooltip library that supports both embedded (integrated into an existing tooltip object) and separate (its own tooltip attached to an existing tooltip) data to be printed to an on-screen tooltip. EnhTooltip also supports money objects on each line. EnhTooltip is also a LoadOnDemand AddOn based on Stubby, so it goes well with other LoadOnDemand AddOns.

On its own it doesn't do much. However, alongside the addons that are highlighted in the picture above, it can display some very detailed information on any item.

EQL3

dAzwNbM.gif

Extended Quest Log 3 does just as the title implies, extends your quest log so you can view most of your quests at once on a double pane. It also includes the quest’s level in a numerical value and as a colour code.

EQL3 – WHBD

eql3-whdb2.jpg.-m1.png

EQL3 - WHDB is a mod of EQL3 that implements WoWHead comments, NPC/coordinates and item databases to the quest details. It can plot quest objectives and comments (if the comment has coordiantes) to Cartographer if available.

You can choose to view the WHDB comments or not. So you are able to keep them off until you get to a particular quest that is giving you trouble. The comments are in chronological order so the earliest comment, and these ones closely related to vanilla, will be on top and shown first.

EquipCompare

pvw1527.jpg

When you shop for items at a vendor or the Auction House and you hover over an item, you get a comparison tooltip showing the "currently equipped" item too. This AddOn adds such a feature everywhere in the game where you can hover over items, such as in your bags, in the loot window or on the reward page of a quest. You also receive comparison tooltips when clicking an item link in the chat box.

Informant

Informant is usually part of the Auctioneer package, but there is a version that has been modified on the Google Drives which works on its own for vanilla. This addon is extremely useful for cases such as choosing which quest reward item to vendor, if you don’t plan to equip any of the choices. Logically, you will pick the reward item which bags the better vendor price. This addon gives you that information to make that choice.

If paired with the auctioneer addon, you can see if any item drops are worth putting up on the Auction House or would be best to vendor instead, and not waste money on the Auction House deposit costs. This will require EnhTooltip (detailed above) to run. You can see how Informant integrates alongside other tooltip additions like Enchantrix and Auctioneer

LazyPig

LPGUI4.jpg

Used mainly for its auto-dismount feature whenever you decide to cast a spell. LazyPig also offers any array of other features which I will not go into here, since jorim has already covered pretty much everything in this forum thread: Must Have LazyPig Addon

Mobinfo2

thumb-30386c38625bd0b0e79234f1fd23468e-mobinfobz7.jpg

MobInfo-2 is an AddOn that provides you with useful additional information about Mobs (ie. opponents/monsters). It adds new information to the game's Tooltip whenever you hover with your mouse over a mob. It also adds a numeric display of the Mobs health and mana (current and max) to the Mob target frame. MobInfo-2 is the continuation of the now abandoned "MobInfo" by Dizzarian combined with the original "MobHealth2" by Wyv.​

MoveAnything

pvw36393.jpg

MoveAnything enables you to move, scale, hide and adjust transparency of just about any screen element in WoW, offering tools to help you customize your UI.

I find this addon helps alot since some UI mods, or just any mod in general can do weird things to your UI. I found this mod because my little durability man went missing...it seems to hide behind the default action bars or minimap when you are using some mods, this mod helped bring him back, and to put him in a cozy, comfortable, new location.

It takes a while to get the hang of, and can be quite fiddly. It is easy enough to work out and once you do, you can easily customise the default Blizzard UI to your hearts content.​

oCB2

Otravi Casting Bar is an alternate casting bar addon, written by Otravi, and originally release in early '06. It is a simple replacement without too many options or settings. Should you want to move it from it's default middle-screen placement, simply drag it out of the way. Great looking mod.

I mainly added this mod to the list for its looks...the movable functionality can easily be achieved with the MoveAnything mod. If you wish look at a different casting bar this time around, this is a good-looking option in my opinion.

OmniCC

Omnic.jpg

OmniCC is an addon that adds text to items, spell and abilities that are on cooldown to indicate when they will be ready to use. In other words: it turns all the standard analogue cooldowns into digital ones.

Anything should work with OmniCC, from the action bars to the inventory, from the standard interface to your favourite add-on. Please note that the name of this addon usually begins with an "!", which puts it near the top of the list in Google Drive 1.

OneBag

pvw57059.png

OneBag is a replacement for the default game bags that combines all the bags into one frame. There are already addons out there that do this, so why OneBag? Mainly because the author wanted a simpler, more system-friendly bag. OneBag doesn't entirely rewrite the bag-handling interface like others do. It simply rearranges the bags into one and allows the default UI to continue managing the bag slots.

Outfitter

pvw19788.png

Outfitter is an equipment management addon which gives you fast access to multiple outfits to optimize your abilities in PvE and PvP, automated equip and unequip for convenience doing a variety of activities, or to enhance role-playing.

Outfitter includes an icon bar for fast access to your outfits, a minimap menu for fast compact access, support for LibDataBroker, scripting with a library of pre-made scripts for most common tasks, outfits optimized for a particular stat, item comparisons across outfits, quick access to items via the character sheet, and more.

TitanPanel

titan.jpg

Like CTMod, TitanPanel is an umbrella term for a whole list of available addons which you can choose from. However, unlike CTMod, TitanPanel just adds a thin panel which you can place anywhere at the edges of your screen and displays extra information if you downloaded the corresponding mod.​

This information can include: the time, durability and the cost of repair, your current coordinates and location, the amount of gold you have on a character or the whole account, latency, bag space, xp rate and estimate time to level, and much more.

On the screenshot, Titanpanel is displayed ontop of the players UI.​

Xloot

pvw9917.png

A remake of the built-in lootframe.​

XLoot is one of those addons that people will see on screenshots and ask "ooh, what is that?" Essentially, it makes your loot frames much prettier, and somewhat more informative. You can see the default configuration in the screenshot. In addition, it provides you with the option to have the loot panel appear by your cursor instead of in a set location. Which as muff graciously pointed now, is very helpful for fishing

I downloaded this thinking that it also enabled autoloot (without the need to hold the shift key). I soon learnt that it didn't do that but it was informative nonetheless.​

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Note: I take the credit for compiling the list of addons you see here. However most of the explanations for each addon I have taken from different sources across the net.

My sources include: http://www.wow-one.com, http://dwarvenoverlords.enjin.com, http://www.wowinterface.com, http://forum.twinstar.cz/forumdisplay.php/755-Kronos

Last edited:
If anyone has any additional addons they think should be on this list and meets the criteria I set in the Introduction paragraph. Please let me know and i'll add it in.

Also is there a possibility to limit the size of some of these pictures?...now that I think about it some of this pictures might turn out huge on a widescreen monitor. Thanks in advanced

First of all thanks for the honorable mention. And the image size is fine for me.

Second of all I have a couple of suggestions of addons that belong here.

- addonorganizer (allow enabling and disable addons without logging out)
- Extended quest log 3
- Outfitter

Nice list!

Tip on XLoot - it makes the loot panel appear by your mouse pointer (like retail wow in later xpacs), so it makes clicking your loot much faster - really nice when fishing.

adding on to jorim's suggestion of EQL3 - it goes very nicely with WHDB, which populates the questlog with old (only highly rated) comments from wow head beneath each quest. So if you can't find an object / npc, you can check the comments and 90% of the time there's a helpful comment mentioning its coords or giving directions or whatnot. Very handy.

Oh I never understood why I had WHDB in my addons folder, don't think I ever saw it work (maybe I always put it off)

First of all thanks for the honorable mention. And the image size is fine for me.

Second of all I have a couple of suggestions of addons that belong here.

- addonorganizer (allow enabling and disable addons without logging out)
- Extended quest log 3
- Outfitter

You got me excited with extended quest log...thought it allowed more room to take more quests in your log:p Looks good ill add it in.

Thanks for reminding me about outfitter. Will be a great addition for my shaman. And addonorganiser ticks all the boxes for just plain removing that annoyance. Cheers. Its late now so will add all tomorrow

Nice list!

Tip on XLoot - it makes the loot panel appear by your mouse pointer (like retail wow in later xpacs), so it makes clicking your loot much faster - really nice when fishing.

adding on to jorim's suggestion of EQL3 - it goes very nicely with WHDB, which populates the questlog with old (only highly rated) comments from wow head beneath each quest. So if you can't find an object / npc, you can check the comments and 90% of the time there's a helpful comment mentioning its coords or giving directions or whatnot. Very handy.

Thanks! :D ill add that extra detail onto Xloot.

Hmm WHDB sounds good...but theres a reason I didn't add Questhelper...it borderlines helpful and handholding. It can make the user experience better...well tbh Atlas does a good bit of hand-holding too...maybe ill just make another comprehensive list for quests/raids/general addons and include a lot of other mods...i'll sleep on it :D

Last edited:
Post Updated

Text:
- Added extra explanation to introduction - ensuring all these mods are found in the google drives
- Added more information to Xloot
- Corrected spelling mistakes

Mods Added:
- Outfitter
- CS AddOn Organiser
- EQL3

Post Updated

Picture:
- Changed EQL3 picture - older was no longer available

Text:
- Added text to Cartographer mod

Mods Added:
- EQL3 WHDB

Last edited:
Post Updated

Text:
- Added text to introduction - "however, any better or updated version found of the addon will be linked under its description"

Mods Added:
- Carnival/Natur Enemy Cast Bar

why did you make a 2nd addon library with less addons than the addon thread that already exists ? :huh:

aside from the pictures and short description you gave to few of them it looks more like a copy of "Addon Library".

Don't get me wrong. Full fledged addon libraries are really useful I just have 2 problems with them.

1. I have no idea what most of them do unless I try them out myself
2. Most of the addons in addon libraries I would not like to use/I don't find useful.

So i decided to compile a list of the most useful addons under certain restrictions (in this case the restriction is just enhancing user experience), and added some explanation. A decent explanation of an addon is something I always try and look for before downloading and trying an addon. I made this list in the hopes it might be useful to someone else too.

Moreover I try to look for lists that recommend addons that I haven't thought of before. I could go out my way and try a lot of addons...but isn't it just extremely useful if someone else says "Hey look at this addon: this is what it does"...especially if the list holds hidden gems I didn't know existed.

Last edited:
why did you make a 2nd addon library with less addons than the addon thread that already exists ? :huh:

aside from the pictures and short description you gave to few of them it looks more like a copy of "Addon Library".

What Struckd said. Not everyone wants to search through a thousand addons to find something useful. Addon library like that is only useful if you already know what you're looking for.

With that in mind, this isn't a competition lol... You both did a great job and thanks for that.

I just made the explanation list :p. I have not composed a library of any short. The two google drives is something I have found online already, I find the drives useful because its easy to navigate and I can choose what addon to download one by one (I have a shitty internet connection), instead of an entire library.

I just made the explanation list :p. I have not composed a library of any short. The two google drives is something I have found online already, I find the drives useful because its easy to navigate and I can choose what addon to download one by one (I have a shitty internet connection), instead of an entire library.

That's what I meant :tongue: Without an explanation library is not that useful for someone who doesn't know all the addons.

With that in mind, this isn't a competition lol...
I never saw it as a competition i just didn't want there to be multiple threads with the same goal but as said it is different since this thread is individual addon feedback :smile:. In short i misunderstood the thread as duplicate which it is not :wink:

although http://www.wowinterface.com does a pretty good job at that.

I would however recommend "http://60cj.com/" if you want some more info and a lot of hard to find addons
It is in chinese so id recommend that you know chinese or just use google chrome to default translate it.

Ok...maybe im stupid but cant find this addon's on the Google link... :sad:

Cartographer
Elkbuffbar
Mobinfo2
Onebag
Titanpanel
And some Addon for show CD on spell's :innocent:

Scroll Down Google Drive 1 to where the Addons start with C. The 5th addon starting with C is Cartographer. If you scroll all the way to the bottom you can ctrl+F for the find function to make life easier.

ElkbuffBar is also there, its the 6th addon beginning with E. There are 3 versions of Mobinfo2 and some databases, they are in the middle of the addons beginning with M. Onebag is the 4th addon beginning with O. TitanPanel is on Google Drive 2.

There are quite a few Cooldown timers, if you type 'Cooldown' in the find function there you will see 5 cooldown timers in Google Drive 1. Thanks for pointing that out to me, ill do some research and see whats the best one. Then add it to the list...I guess you are looking for one such as this:
040aeb54d5e91a4b512b1773ef799c9e.jpg
tullaCooldownCount.jpg

The most recommended cooldown timer is OmniCC, in the drives it starts with a "!" which puts it close to the top of the list on google drive 1

Last edited:
Post Updated

Text:
- Added text to introduction - Google Drive 1 contains addons A - O, Google Drive 2 contains P - Z

Mods Added:
- OmniCC

Thanks alot for help man, but can you tell me whats the name of "Carnival/Nature enemy cast bar" please i couldnt find it in those bunch of addons plus i tried looking for NECB and CECB it isnt there, can some1 tell me its name so i could download it instead of trying all the addons lol, thanks in advance!

carnival is what natur was called early on but then changed design and got more features so some kept the carnival since they just wanted the one feature and didnt like the design changes.

you can find them in the addon library below in my signature.

they are called: carnival_enemycastbar & Cenemycastbar_natur_v5.4.8

note: they do not work together since natur still refers to the WTF as if it where carnival, i changed this so they work together although i haven' uploaded that one to the package so untill then keep in mind just to use 1 of them :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom