• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Useless Fun Skills learned through donation

Desurage

Playing my priest I got the quest reward Emil's Brand from Insane Druids. Thought it might be cool if for a donation I could learn 2 handed weapon skill. Fairly useless for a priest, but I'd donate to the server for that!

But paladins can use 2hand swords! Hence the useless part. If a mage could duel wield azuresong mageblades that would be a little too much, but for skills that have no clear usage or transformation skills, it would take little work and have a high reward for the server without compromising gameplay too much. LoL does this with skins. The problem being of course, that Kronos might have to deal with lawsuits if they made too much money.

If you could aquire that skill it would cause a lot of chaos as it essentially would be turning the server into a "fun-server", by that i do not mean "fun" but just what most would recognize it as....

Furthermore a priest wielding a 2H would in and off itself also break balance since where would that priest get a desireable sword ? i can almost predict a ninja priest needing on Ashkandi justifying it by that...

The idea is outright rediculous... whats next if that idea where to go through which ofc it wont... 2H axe ? Priest getting their hands on Neretzek ? with that much +SP along with shadow form and windfury... yes we would literally see 2H hybrid classes with that... or paladins wanting to donate in order to dual wield....

Teaching a weapon skill to a class it was not intended for creates numerous issues that could only grow worse... the priest example & ninja is one but lets take the loot distribution into consideration... sudenly more and more who never needed certain things will need on them like crazy making loot distribution quite chaotic...

Whats next ? rogues learning axe skill... thank goodness that first came in TBC as in vanilla it would wreck the field.... or even worse a rogue with a 2H wep...

no-matter how you twist these things even if you limited their skill to 1/1 so they cant ever hit anything u still have wep procs that can scale from spell power and if you just made it all impossible to them they would still need on things others could use not to mention the chaos such a rediculous thing would instigate over loot and "blizz-like" arguments...

Top Bottom