• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Vanilla Fansite [work in progres]

well if you need addon's to fill it out i got 1007 uploaded in the "addon library" link in my signature, however that number has grown since last and still is so i am soon uploading again.

+ i am working on a recommended addon solution that all can use, most are background changes but no real changes to how it looks or works so even those who don't want addons can use them.

also i would like to suggest a change in your website's design to something less common since as said it reminds me way too much of the common template used when making a quick guild webste. still good but not frontpage material ^^

suggestion:

use the design from the old "wowhead" where you started out with a detailed searchbar in the center along with some dropdown lists below it, the hardest part would be the searchbar, in addition to this you add their reputation system bar above, but instead of ZAM you write Forum which then opens a dropdown list of forum categories :wink:.

if you then alter the rocket icon, erase the smile and write 1.12.1 in a grafitti style on the side of it then you got your own icon and mascot.

people will then recall how it was back then.

note: in addition you can use the WHDB addon info to add the original quest/item info bit-by-bit once done since it contains the most seen/rated commends from back then, its included somewhere in my library :smile:

I will not be able to do a copy/paste of WoWHead or even something close.

To be honest, WoWhead is not free for owners and this is easier for them to work and add dynamic effects since they have a lot of premade templates, a better knowledge and maybe a team. I'm clearly more limited. Moreover, WoWhead is graphically poor in my opinion and I want something evoking Vanilla WoW instead of a modern/multigaming style.

By the way, I'm still not done with the homepage, many things will change later but it will be far from perfect. I'm not a professional, anyway a site is always subject to change, most of the time in positive way.

didn't say you should copy/paste but rather draw inspiration from their old version :wink:

note: I am fully aware that the page is still in the early stages and it is only for that reason i say it is starting to resemble the templates used for making a fast guild website. :smile:

I just made a few changes : new forum background, wallpaper, banner and navigation system has been reworked wich should facilitating the catch in hand and readability.

Took me a lot of time today and I'm still not done with the homepage.

:blink:

Top Bottom