• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Warlock Vanilla Warlock: Macros Here

KeepitCasual

Please paste your vanilla warlock specific macros here.
Please clearly label & provide a brief description.
:wheelchair:Thank you!

the ultimate
One Button PET ATTACK / FOLLOW / SWITCH TARGET
(Warlocks & Hunters)

Created by macro mastermind Aethryl (Alliance Mage Kronos) you should thank him, he's the man.

Description: Click this macro once to /petattack, once to /petfollow if already attacking, and once to /petattack your new target IF already currently /petattacking something else. This macro performs a very basic one button pet combat-management function, but as you can see it's quite long ><

Instructions: Replace YouNameHere (which is featured twice in the script, as you can see) with your ingame name. Do not delete the quotation marks. Then copy with ctrl-c and paste the macro while ingame with ctrl-v, and like magic it's now yours to enjoy:

/script if UnitExists("target") then if a==0 then PetAttack(target) a=1 else if UnitExists("pettarget") and UnitIsUnit("target", "pettarget") then PetFollow("YourNameHere") a=0 else PetAttack(target) end;end; else PetFollow("YourNameHere") a=0 end;

Last edited:
/run if (UnitHealth("target") < 20 || UnitMana("player")) < 1000 then CastSpellByName("Drain Soul(Rank 1)") else CastSpellByName("Drain Soul"); end;

The same can be done to chose Lower Lifetap ranks once your health drop under a certain level.

/run if(UnitHealth("player") < 30) then CastSpellByName("Life Tap(Rank 2)") else CastSpellByName("Life Tap"); end;

chooses drain soul according to your mana or targets life. Might not be 100% accurate since I wrote it on the fly (not at home atm)

Pet macro is pretty cool. Won't use, but useful nonetheless.

Drain Soul does such low damage you should really only use it when your target is very close to dying. For this reason anything over rank 1 is a waste of mana.

The lifetap macro is pretty neat though, I'll use a variant of it.
/run if(UnitHealth("player") > 840) then CastSpellByName("Life Tap(Rank 6)") elseif(UnitHealth("player") > 600) then CastSpellByName("Life Tap(Rank 5)") else CastSpellByName("Life Tap(Rank 4)") end

The values are doubled to account for +damage

This is to cast Devour Magic (felhunter) on yourself, switch out the name Noctambulant with your own:

/target Noctambulant
/script CastSpellByName("Devour Magic");
/run TargetLastTarget()

I usually bind the first two pet abilities on the pet bar from the keybinds menu:
(please note you must have each corresponding ability correctly placed in the pet bar itself)

Spell Lock 'e'
Devour Magic for enemies and teammates is 'r'
The macro placed as 'shift-R'

perhaps clunky to an alternative I haven't found, but it works well enough to do the job right.

Drain Soul does such low damage you should really only use it when your target is very close to dying. For this reason anything over rank 1 is a waste of mana.
Some explanation here. I only wrote the macro for farming soul shards and took it as an example.
In reality most of the time the rule would switch to R1. The only time the highest rank would be used will be when I start channeling Drain Soul midfight. Thats when I want it to do additional damage.

This is to cast Devour Magic (felhunter) on yourself
There is an easier way to do this
/run CastSpellByName("Devour Magic", 1);
This will cast Devour on you and not your pet, even though its the self cast command and the pet performs it.

As for binding, I find it very convenient to have all pet abilites bound to my mouse. This way I can control both my character and my pet at the same time.
alt+mwheelup -> pet attack
alt+mwheeldn -> pet follow
alt+middlemouse -> pet stay
mwheelup -> spelllock (etc)
shift+mwheeldn -> self devour (etc)
shift+mwheelup -> devour (etc)

Last edited:
Finally got around to expanding the Life Tap macro.

It now goes all the way down to Rank 1, and correctly calculates the amount of health required depending on your spelldamage. It also checks how much mana you're missing, so you dont "overtap".
You need the addons BonusScanner to get the spelldamage, and SuperMacro to fit it all in one macro.

Note: For some reason the finished post has a space in the GetBonus line (it should be GetBonus not Ge tBonus) however I post it. Remove it before pasting.

/script d=((BonusScanner:GetBonus("DMG"))+(BonusScanner:GetBonus("SHADOWDMG"))) h=UnitHealth("player") m=((UnitManaMax"player")-(UnitMana("player"))) function c(s) CastSpellByName(s) end if((h>(420+(d*0.8)))and(m>((420+(d*0.8))*1.2))) then c("Life Tap(Rank 6)") elseif((h>(300+(d*0.8)))and(m>((300+(d*0.8))*1.2))) then c("Life Tap(Rank 5)") elseif((h>(210+(d*0.8)))and(m>((210+(d*0.8))*1.2))) then c("Life Tap(Rank 4)") elseif((h>(130+(d*0.8)))and(m>((130+(d*0.8))*1.2))) then c("Life Tap(Rank 3)") elseif((h>(65+(d*0.677)))and(m>((65+(d*0.677))*1.2))) then c("Life Tap(Rank 2)") elseif((h>(20+(d*0.38)))and(m>((20+(d*0.38))*1.2))) then c("Life Tap(Rank 1)") end

Last edited:
Isn't the modifier for spell damage 80% on lifetap?

Awesome work. Have to change my tap macro to check for overtapping.

Really nice man, thanks.

Isn't the modifier for spell damage 80% on lifetap?

Awesome work. Have to change my tap macro to check for overtapping.

Really nice man, thanks.

According to some quick testing the modifiers are ~38% for r1, 68% for r2, and ~75% for the other ranks, as is reflected in the macro.

Thank you Lharts, Hagson, and Noctambulant !

You are all very great warlocks and I appreciate this thread! Thank you!

Ehh I'm alriiight, RL keeping me busy as fk
thanks for the thanks though, you're welcome

moving in to my new place today, once I save for my new computer rig I'll probably try my hand at making some pvp vids so you can all point and have a good laugh.

It'll be good just to get into a bg again

I hear that man,

Finishing up college in less than a month to earn a degree in Theatre Arts and then transitioning to Russia, a very big transition!

Hey guys,
Here is a macro that is useful to the people who use the talent "Improved drain soul" from the affliction tree. It deletes a soul shard from your bag if you bag is full of shards, so that you can benefit from the mana regen without having to delete manually your shards.
If your bag name is not on the list, you can add it in a similar way. Adding " or a=="Name of the bag" " in the list. The list of bags is a list of soul bags.

/cast Drain Soul(Rank 1)
/run local a=GetBagName(4); if a=="Core Felcloth Bag" or a=="Felcloth Bag" or a=="Soul Pouch" or a=="Box of Souls" or a=="Small Soul Pouch" then PickupContainerItem(4,GetContainerNumSlots(4)) DeleteCursorItem() else end

It is not my own macro, so thanks to Xashe for it

Finally got around to expanding the Life Tap macro.

It now goes all the way down to Rank 1, and correctly calculates the amount of health required depending on your spelldamage. It also checks how much mana you're missing, so you dont "overtap".
You need the addons BonusScanner to get the spelldamage, and SuperMacro to fit it all in one macro.

Hi,
I have tried to use this, but the macro scripts are limited to 255 characters, and this is way much longer. How did you manage to make it work?

anyone have a vanilla mouseover Devour Magic / Spell Lock macro?
Try something like:
Code:
/script if UnitCanAttack("player", "mouseover") then TargetUnit("mouseover"); CastSpellByName("Spell Lock"); TargetLastTarget();  end
I have no idea if it works.

Does anyone know a macro to make your pet attack at the same time you cast (for example) Immolate?

Code:
/script CastSpellByName("Immolate"); PetAttack();

or just

Code:
/cast Immolate
/script PetAttack()

when the add-on "Super Macro" stops working following
/cast Spell Lock(Rank 2)
/cast Seduction

[CR]necrobump, but I can't get this to work. It shows the life tap tooltip but when I actually press the button it does nothing.[/CR] nvm, I'm dumb, when I was trying to test it I was at full health and mana. I cast ROF/hellfire a few times to get into a testable state and it worked flawlessly. I guess thats WAD since theres normally no need to tap at full mana. Thanks!

Last edited:
Does anyone know if it's possible to make a macro that will:

-Cast Fel Domination
-Summon a Voidwalker
-Sacrifice the Voidwalker
all in one keypress(or maybe two since summon with FD is still .5 seconds)? Also if possible it shouldn't cancel the cast if I spam the button.

I came up with a fairly simple one, but it requires me to press the button exactly three times:
/cast Fel Domination
/cast Summon Voidwalker(Summon)
/cast Sacrifice(Rank 6)

Last edited:
Didn't bother to get Succubus? Soul Shards everywhere? This macro will sort your bags and put all of your shards in your leftmost bag (needs supermacro addon)

Macro:
Code:
/run SortShards(false/true)

Lua:
Code:
function SortShards(destroy)
  if destroy then
    name=GetContainerItemLink(4,GetContainerNumSlots(4))
    if name and string.find(name,"Soul Shard") then
      PickupContainerItem(4,GetContainerNumSlots(4))
      DeleteCursorItem()
    end
  end
  for bag=0,4,1 do
    for slot=1,GetContainerNumSlots(bag),1 do 
      name=GetContainerItemLink(bag,slot)
      if name and string.find(name,"Soul Shard") then
        PickupContainerItem(bag,slot)
        PutItemInBag(ContainerIDToInventoryID(4))
      end
    end
  end
end

I keep this macroed with Corruption (with flag set to false) and Drain Soul (with flag set to true). This does keep my bags tidy until I can get my hands on a soul pouch. Haven't bothered about Succubus or Felhunter yet as Void is the go-to leveling pet, and horde is a bit aggressive against alliance warlocks trying to enter The Barrens.. Ofcourse this will be outdated as soon as you get a Soul Pouch...

Top Bottom