• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Rogue Vanish bugged?

Pikkuhousut

Was dueling a rogue today and i vanished after his cheap shot. No bleeds up, no dot poisons up and just 1v1 situation. Right after my vanish my opponent just used sprint and ran after me, targeting me without any difficulties. I checked my combat log, nothing broke my stealth and i still had the improved stealth on from vanish for quite some time.

How can this happen between two level 60 rogues?

I'm not sure about the vanish but i can tell you that on Kronos reflectors have been scripted to only work before a spell is in the air.

I'm not sure about the vanish but i can tell you that on Kronos reflectors have been scripted to only work before a spell is in the air.
Which is correct. All other servers have a false implementation.

Vanish isn't bugged. It also not a guarantee that you won't be detected.

Thanks for the info on reflector, was wondering how the scripting exactly has been done.

The vanish, though, is a bit of a pecker, since i was already a bit further away from the target and yet my improved stealth talents + vanish dont out-weigh opponent's improved stealth detection. I find it a bit problematic.

I play rogue myself and yet never had a problem.
Maybe take another player and test it in a duel.

I guess vanish is bugged :(
Look at this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nV4pjpXuvVk 0:22-0:25
Nope same would occur if you vanish while a projectile has been fired this is just where the hit has been swung and hits the instant you vanish. Works correctly in fact as it does not interrupt a melee attack long swung or a shot long fired but loss of target makes them stop if the swing or shot has not been swung/shot due to no target.

Good practice is to use vanish when you are a bit away or while there is no projectile flying towards you :wink:

This my frnd is called: getting auto attacked out of vanish

'Who needs a rogue? The most nerfed class in the game...'

'Wait, wait, wait...rogues are most nerfed class in the game? What nerfs did rogues every receive?'

'I get auto-attacked out of vanish'

'That's a bug'

not sure how this stuff works but
stealth is pretty fukd on lowlvls, same as vanish, practically tested
because, for example, you cant crawl through SM even with 5/5 Master of Deception without being careful and yellow-leveled mobs will detect you pretty easily (tested with MoD leveled, doubt it worth to test without it)
also problem can be in server input lag, esp with new one implemented month or two ago
getting overpower through vanish isnt rare case now, adapted it
once got dcoil start cast when was vanished already lol, good it went evade, could be lame af
but when i reached lvl 60 I never had same problems. Mobs changing their facing position when feel your presence, but its usually when u stay at red circle already. Never had MoD leveled as pvp spec talent on this toon, just equipping catseye/nightscape boots when rvr.
Can easily reach endboss of LBRS at lvl60
but nvm
so I guess there is 2 problems:
1) server input lag problems (attack landing was millisecond earlier than u used vanish and ur stealth got removed)
2) different stealth level mechanics at low lvl. as mentioned, never had any problem at lvl 60 solo instance farming

Ive met this bug with fast attacking mobs, sometimes u just use vanish and they still hitting you. Also ive met another (?)bug: when u vanish in stealth, you are not receive improved stealth. This is so stupid, that when u see enemy detected u, u cant just vanish in stealth.

Top Bottom