• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Vulgarity abuse.

Killswitch

Authorized
Over the past month ive seen so many players been reported for vulgarity.

There's an ignore button and a profanity filter...Use it.

Dont go turning profanity filter off, and then blaming other ppl they are cursing.

Reporting people for this kinda stuff is just childish, grow up..ive seen worse cursing in movies.

So im pretty sure most if not all, are used to more.

And no, i havent been reported for it...i just dont wanne play the game, watching every little thing i say.

From all of those reported, the only ones that recieved punishment (mute) were the ones who did it on public channels such as yells or /world. The other ones (whispers and stuff) weren't punished, and GMs said: use ignore.

I agree that poeple shouldn't report other players for insults on whispers, that's childish, and I hope people stop doing it. But I think that making public offenses to people should be punished.

That might be, however it's so easily fixed and without all the drama that comes along with it.

it annoy's me, that people go and tell the teacher on each other sorta speak.

And ignore and profanity filter works on public channels just aswell afaik.

Botting,bug abusing etc i can understand tho.

People use the /world channel to sell things, advertise for guilds, look for groups, and ask questions about game related matters. It has a value because of this, and new players reaching level 5 on the server join it for that reason. People wanting to smack talk, be rude, or toss out homophobic, racial, or national slurs, or slander different religions can and WILL use misspellings or special characters to bypass the filter.

Regardless, the staff make the rules of the server and it's up to the players to live by them or head to a different realm. If I was to speculate why the server host made that rule in the first place, a part of it might have been to establish a cleaner place to play and for 'first appearances' for new players. No rule at all = a wild west 4chan environment that kills any utility the global chat might have had.

A second reason would be that Blizzard Entertainment has the same rules for their chat use both in the past and current versions of the game. This server strives to offer a classic feel of play, so there you go. Blizzard had it, so Kronos has it.

Last edited:
Nothing wrong about punishing ppl, by spamming world chat etc for it.

I just thinks it's wrong to report ppl, for using the word penis.

honestly, just report whatever you think is violating the rules.
its up to the GMs to either punish it or not anyway.

To be honest I feel a whisper should just be ignored by the player. Repeat Whispers (different characters or extreme volumes by one character) should be muted.

Swearing is one thing and should just be ignored via the profanity feature or the ignore feature. However, racism, homophobia, transphobia, misogyny, etc. should not be tolerated in the least, and should be swiftly and harshly punished. This kind of language reflects not just on the community, but on Kronos and Twinstar as a whole. The "it's the internet" aka "hiding behind anonymity because i'd never say this shit irl" excuse does not cut it. And please, no free speech arguments.

IMHO should ban/punish main accaunts of lvl1-5 alts of opposide side faction, who vulgary stuff /w you after you kill their main ;p. Totaly not PVP server blizlike.

I am enjoing wonderful high fantasy world and there lvl1 some character whispering me some wulgar stuff suddenly

From time to time, sometimes i use bantering calling ppl the F word or N word.

However, i wont do this to ppl that i dont know..usually its ppl i have a laugh with.

Now, if someone was around..and got offended by it, i would feel it to be very irritating.

1 : It wasnt directed at them and 2 : Not everything should be taken so seriously.

And to what i've seen..ppl have been muted before, by saying such things in general..not directed to anyone.

From time to time, sometimes i use bantering calling ppl the F word or N word.

However, i wont do this to ppl that i dont know..usually its ppl i have a laugh with.

Now, if someone was around..and got offended by it, i would feel it to be very irritating.

1 : It wasnt directed at them and 2 : Not everything should be taken so seriously.

And to what i've seen..ppl have been muted before, by saying such things in general..not directed to anyone.

You won't face any consequences for swearing when talking to your friends, what isn't allowed is vulgarity in public domains such as public chat and by /yell. This makes it irrelevant whether or not it was directed at a certain person or how you feel about people reporting it, since this is against the rules all players click "agree" on.

Last edited:
In the light of the most recent vulgarity report...

Generally I prefer having the option to report people for swearing in case they do it excessively or to insult, but someone writing "If they're grey then no one will give a fuck" to a guy asking if his newly found (grey) item is worth anything? It's not personal, it's not insulting (from a European perspective at least), and while it's unnecessary, it's not excessive to write it once.

It's of course also the responsibility of people like Killswitch to keep offensive banter between friends (my retail friends manage that fine too), but I agree that writing one bad word with no harmful intentions shouldn't be a reason to report. People write "clean" things too that are clearly meant to offend/disgust, which makes more sense to report in my opinion.

This is one of the words and specific usages where the Profanity Filtering should be turned on. In that case, you would see "no one will give a !@#$".

Care to explain why it's off on your side?

This is one of the words and specific usages where the Profanity Filtering should be turned on. In that case, you would see "no one will give a !@#$".

Care to explain why it's off on your side?
Me? Because I don't mind swear words as such, and I wouldn't report anyone only based on that, which is the point I was trying to make.

Edit: I was a bit stressed this morning, so I only just realized that you probably posted in the wrong thread.

Last edited:
He TURNED OUT the Profanity Filtering and POSTED A SCREENSHOT with the BAD WORD to OFFEND US ALL! Requesting PERMABAN on this forum account! And on Pharaw for reposting! And also for... oh !@#$.

I mean - yep, let's be reasonable and don't feel offended by any unpolite word. Report only if your feelings are really hurt... And consult someone if maybe you are too sensitive and intense.

Actually - that's what TS already said.

Me? Because I don't mind swear words as such, and I wouldn't report anyone only based on that, which is the point I was trying to make.

Edit: I was a bit stressed this morning, so I only just realized that you probably posted in the wrong thread.

Nope, I was asking you. I wanted to know if there is a another reason besides being used to swear words.

I was double confused then. :wacko: Sorry! I just thought it didn't make sense to ask me.

I'm used to swear words, yes, but there is actually one more reason. It's the same reason I empty my ignore list on a regular basis; I just don't like not seeing what other people write.

Last edited:
Top Bottom