• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Wagon Vs Mc

If this was possible it would be an easy fix.
Put invisible walls on wagons and block walljumps for horde and ally graveyards so you need to run tunnel and ramp.

Just like you did on ur own CounterStrike servers, fix all glitches and make the original game BETTER!
In Cs, u could remove all "bug flash" spots for ex. See no reason NOT to do it in WoW.

omg...

You have a weird definition of skill.
If you are unable to reach Burn or any other player on the wagon, then maybe its you who is lacking an immense amount of skill. Movement is just as important as pushing buttons in the right moment. If you can not do that, then maybe a 10 year old game isn't for you.

To elaborate, in Counter-Strike most glitches were simply considered PART OF THE GAME. Learn to use them, or fall behind (russian duck, bunnyhop etc.).
This crying mentality from WoW sickens me. Either you learn to use the games mechanics to your advantage !!!!!!!ALL OF THEM!!!!!!!
or you get stepped on. Period.

On a sidenote: Reaching spots where only some models are able to get to is unfair. Wagon is not one of those spots. Its easily reached by everyone.
If you guys can't find a way to take him down or Q with 8/10 melees who are unable to walk in a straight line, then I guess you are out of luck.

obviously you've never tried to break a wagon turtle. I've seen these tactics turn a server into a ghost town, nobody wants to deal with these few players abusing and wasting their time

if the -DEVs- share your opinion filv, and this isnt fixed, so many people are gonna get trolled off the server from its very own playerbase, I am definitely done with vanilla for good if this behavior is allowed to continue.

dont call it whine, because I feel you dont know the real situation, regarding the H gy wagon in particular.

I played multiple times with and against druids who did this. If I was able to deal with it so are you.
Players never stand still. They had 10 years of time to learn new tactics. Deal with it.

You can not forbid players to do something only cause you aren't able to do it yourself (with exceptions of stuff you can't do cause of class or model restrictions, which isn't the case here). Thats nonsense.

Pugs dont stand a chance against this 'tactic', not everyone is as pro as you claim to be either. a lot being new to vanilla entirely. the pvp population is unsteady, people arent hitting level cap, and your solution is 'deal with it'?

who's gonna waste time to level up and get farmed, and have zero chance at would otherwise be a winnable pug v pug because some dicks are camping a spot you and your teammates have no hope of reaching?

maybe if there was nost numbers here it wouldnt matter, but there isn't, it's just the same few people dicking around getting an edge in the BG they shouldnt have.

the pve players dipping their toes and the solo pvpers dont queue because they get smashed by the full pvp tryhard premades/partial groups already, people pulling this kind of shit off are just gonna drive players to flat out stop queueing, premades or not, and why wouldnt they? its just a vicious cycle. Kronos is better than that, right? I'm hoping so.

I play this game for the pvp. the pve is alright but thats just a means to make me better in pvp. I get the adrenaline rush when I fight a challenging opponent, even better when its a grudge match, you know how it can be.

taking it to another level, joining a rag tag pug team and coming out on top because the other team was distracted hk farming, but it was super close and could have gone either way. What a feel, that was 2 hours damn well spent.

now when these kind of guys go out of their way to push that border of 'clever use of game mechanics' a little bit too far, it's just maddening beyond hell for the opposing team, it becomes a boring farm for the abusers, these guys have warsong gulch by the balls, stopping the pace of the game, essentially.

It's out of place here, we the players should be more mindful of the effect we have on our community.

I'd appreciate Chero's input on the matter, whatever that may be, if that's not too much to ask.

obviously you've never tried to break a wagon turtle. I've seen these tactics turn a server into a ghost town, nobody wants to deal with these few players abusing and wasting their time

if the -DEVs- share your opinion filv, and this isnt fixed, so many people are gonna get trolled off the server from its very own playerbase, I am definitely done with vanilla for good if this behavior is allowed to continue.

dont call it whine, because I feel you dont know the real situation, regarding the H gy wagon in particular.

cant add more to this ! hes totally right..

You mean, glitches like walking through a fence in warsong gulch?
How is standing on an ingame object a glitch?

#notblizzlike

Its good to see that allis crying finally pays off.

Yes, cause adapting to new styles of gameplay and situations is not acceptable for the majority of players.
Crypton figured out how to reach Burn in 1 WSG. Either hes alliances PvP prodigy or the rest is just unable to comprehend.

So did Burn get banned? Did not think so, gtfo cry hordie.

I hope Devs fix both wagons and graveyards so horde nor ally can jump up there and only use tunnel and ramp to get there flags to the rooms.
This will improve the game alot for both factions.

I linked it for Dev`s / GM pov in that thread, if its too hard to understand:
"Hi, this is not a PvP abuse, this is Blizzlike, same with the house in Westfall.

Thanks."
Cision
user-offline.png
Kronos GameMaster

here it is.

I linked it for Dev`s / GM pov in that thread, if its too hard to understand:
"Hi, this is not a PvP abuse, this is Blizzlike, same with the house in Westfall.

Thanks."
Cision
user-offline.png
Kronos GameMaster

here it is.

Big diff to be under a house in westall and a waggon thats 10sec from flag room haha

Big diff to be under a house in westall and a waggon thats 10sec from flag room haha

^
GM`s quote not mine. (Also you have to check the thread I liked it above seems you take only the parts you want from all the posts)

Last edited:
Yes, cause adapting to new styles of gameplay and situations is not acceptable for the majority of players.
Crypton figured out how to reach Burn in 1 WSG. Either hes alliances PvP prodigy or the rest is just unable to comprehend.

It's not that it's hard to figure out how to do it, because it isn't terribly hard for the practiced (keybinding) player, it's that when you aren't under fire trying to mount up or use a consumable (because no not every class can reach it on their own otherwise), actually make the jump under fire from roots, and opposition from whatever number of ranged classes and healers even melee lurking below the wagon, decide to camp defense and wreck whatever opposition (which is few most are on defense @ this point) actually even made the jump. Horde get backup from the GY, they zerg death squad @ wagon and then regroup to offense, and Alliance cant do shit to stop the inevitable cap, it's a mere dash away. It's not fair for the puggers who make up the cannon fodder of pug games. Especially with Premades VS Premades it's sided in Horde's favor unless you select class comp based solely on the wagon tactic. Fuck that shit, man.
The Alliance can do the same thing to a lesser degree, camp for backup, but not nearly as close to a flag cap.

You mean, glitches like walking through a fence in warsong gulch?
How is standing on an ingame object a glitch?

#notblizzlike

Its good to see that allis crying finally pays off.

Druid walljumping takes skill but this is different, burn doesn't NEED the wagon. At all. Credit where it's due, he's one tough to kill bastard, but shame for resorting to that kind of behavior when pvp is so unsteady to begin with. And the same to Shatter and whoever else was losing under a wagon. and the Alliance attitude with pvp in general, get more puggers, solo queue more, or double queue. Kronos isn't ready for rape train BGs yet, and things will go sour if you keep demoralizing people, instead of giving them a fair chance at a win.

To crutch bypassing that fence or crutch on the wagon, it's the same shit. It shouldn't be legal, because it will only be copied by others wanting to be "the bzt" and lead to ruination of the basic vanilla BG.

Don't talk about Alliance crying, lharts, I've played both factions, I'm too familiar with the ups and downs to this particular abuse. This fix is a good thing and it's a boon that this server slightly does deviate from "blizzlike", in the name of keeping the community healthy. I left my toon on feenix, this issue being one of the main reasons.
(The others naming a couple were enemy character hitbox issues and rubber banding, PITA to a dagger rogue)

On a sidenote, you shouldn't always have such a sour attitude about everything man, you used to be helpful, and provided insight on various mechanics of the game, then you just kinda degenerated into sarcastic, grumpy poster.

Well, all in all i dont mind that much about it, but i can understand the problem with it.
Especcially a situation with only healers/melees on alliance side would make it pretty unfair even if it is not impossible to reach it and attack the EFC/whatever on the wagon.

I hope all terrain glitches will be fixed then, there are a lot of jumps and tricks beside wagon's and fence. (what is a glitch and what is intended? - The horde gy wagon got removed in TBC, but other things were still in the game then)

The blizzlike-shout came very fast - but to be honest - blizzard made mistakes , why not fixing them in time if Chero/Kronos-staff have the abilitys? Blizzard also fixed some things in WSG with TBC. Even if we are on a blizzlike private server we must not every single mistake blizzard did.

Greetings

To break it down for you rocket scientists:
- use mounts

thank you for your time

To break it down for you rocket scientists:
- use mounts

thank you for your time

Dude it's not always possible to mount when all of the horde turtling are aware of your presence.

BESIDES THE FACT THAT THEY WILL ATTACK/SLOW YOU AS YOU TRY TO DO THE JUMP

I'd also love to see a coordinated Alliance offensive wagon jump, 5 gold says it will NEVER happen.

Who's the rocket scientist, really lharts?

The blizzlike-shout came very fast - but to be honest - blizzard made mistakes , why not fixing them in time if Chero/Kronos-staff have the abilitys? Blizzard also fixed some things in WSG with TBC. Even if we are on a blizzlike private server we must not every single mistake blizzard did.

Greetings

This^
+1

Top Bottom