• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Wall of positive feedback

tekai

Authorized
Idea :

Making a big picture with all the positive feedback we can find.

Goal :

Increase trust in the server, prevents "you are the only one saying this server is good" and "you say it's good but you have been on this server for forever, of course you don't want to say negative things about it", go-to image for all skeptics, shows that we can do stuff here just fine, make people curious and hopefully join. People believe others and friends more than any advertisement and admin.

Steps :

All players come on this thread and post screenshots of positive feedback, preferably short text with decent image size (bigger than 100x100px).

Feedback can come from screenshots, Reddit, forums, fanart, bugtracker, Facebook answers, IRC help, etc. Topic can be anything from completing a dungeon run with people saying thanks had a great day to receiving help from a random player to getting quick support from a GM. Nothing must be fake.

When enough pictures are collected someone puts them all together in a nice and tidy way. For example with Pixlr.

Pros :

Positive feedback for the team and players, makes players active in supporting the server, may increase our reputation or reduce fears, fun to do together, increases focus on positive things happening.

Cons :

Takes time and effort, players could react negatively to it "you are faking it", might not work, players might not participate.

Alternatives :

Make it a bi-monthly picture with current feedback. Make it a gallery with all the possible feedback, like some kind of calendar. Switch it to some different format than image, text or something. Or we could make it a gallery with full screenshots of happy players / happy moments.

Examples :

http://imgur.com/a/SSjvI

Well done man! This seems like a very interesting initiative, and for once the community could really contribute to the server with a bit of effort!

Here I've found an ingame screenshot I made almost a year ago. I got insulted by a random guy while I was speaking with some nice elf girl about Kronos:

what-the.jpg

what-the-zoom.jpg

I have talked positive about this server since I started on it, and will continue to do so. This is by far the best scripted private-wow vanilla-server I have ever tried. The community is great overall (might be some people I don't care for, and probably some people that don't care to much about me).

It got everything you had in Vanilla -> Drama, well-scripted, World-PvP, battle for resources, great guilds, less great guilds, A proper team behind, and in general so many people that just log in to play for themselves or with a few friends, who couldn't care less about the forum :)

I support this idea! I'll start grabbing some screenshots and reports about my experience around the server. I'm new around and I've loved this project so far!

EDIT: I think making a slideshow in YouTube will be easier, so I'll be working on that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom