• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Warlock Warlock bugs?

Psylosin

So im planning on rolling a Warlock on Kronos, probably an Orc (not like that matters) and am just wondering how well the warlock class is working on this realm. I know most private servers have big issues with warlock pets and talents, and if thats the case here ill PROBABLY steer clear of making a lock for awhile. All i know is i was honestly going to roll a Lock on a certain recently released vanilla private server that wont be named for obvious reasons :laugh: but upon going to their forums and reading a few threads I realized that on that private server this class was almost completely broken! (much like many classes on that realm). Any info would be greatly appreciated guys, thanks!

~Psylosin

Well, the situation on Kronos is far better than on other private vanilla servers I've seen, but it's not ideal.

The only really big problem Warlocks have as of right now, is that the pet mana regeneration is broken. It's about 1/3 of what it should be/used to be on retail. So be ready to resummon your voidwalker after 4-5 mobs because he's oom and it takes 40+ seconds to regenerate it's mana back to full.

In beta, pet pathing was a little funky, especially with elevators. Also sometimes the pet would get confused and stop auto attack, but i forgot what you had to do to make it bug out like that, plus it was duels so it could be just duels that do it.

ya from what i saw on the beta Kronos definitely has the most stable Warlock class out of the many Vanilla private servers ive been on. Was just wondering if anyone experienced anything that I hadnt seen. Well, I guess we can use this thread to inform people of anything we might run into.

blood pact - bought the skill book, used it, the tooltip now says "already known" yet imp itself has no spell icon for blood pact. tried to dismiss and summon the pet again, no difference

Last edited:
blood pact - bought the skill book, used it, the tooltip now says "already known" yet imp itself has no spell icon for blood pact. tried to dismiss and summon the pet again, no difference

it is in your demon spellbook, u simply have to put it on pet bar

I've been having problems with my imp. If I send him to attack when I'm out of range he will stop and try and cast while still out of range, then he will move in a bit more then try again. Seems to happen 2 or 3 times before he actually gets in range.

Imp also sometimes tries to cast when he doesn't have enough mana. I can hear the canceled spell sound and it goes off 4-5 times in rapid succession. Imp probably stops using melee attacks when he is doing this.

Other than those two things everything else seems to be good. Also I'm only level 7.

The lack of replies is a bit ominous...I'm predicting the usual private server lock problems.

Ok, well in response to my earlier negative post having played about a bit at low level I'm changing my view on locks to 'cautiously optimistic'.

I don't know if it's normal or not, but I think pets (imp, VW) have really slow regen rate of mana and HP?

//Nodon

problems:
1. pet health and mana regen far from the intended amount/sec. definitely a bug.
2. fear breaks almost all (direct) dmg, thats result the affliction and other common specs will be useless in pvp. warlock have zero escape ability compared to a mage or live wow. no teleport, no void gate. if fear breaks on dmg, warlocks will be eated alive in any pvp situation. thats not good.

problems:
1. pet health and mana regen far from the intended amount/sec. definitely a bug.
2. fear breaks almost all (direct) dmg, thats result the affliction and other common specs will be useless in pvp. warlock have zero escape ability compared to a mage or live wow. no teleport, no void gate. if fear breaks on dmg, warlocks will be eated alive in any pvp situation. thats not good.

Regen is fixed as of last night. Fear does break far too early though, I've noticed. I had it break once from a single tick of Rank 1 Curse of Agony, which was 3 damage. Not okay.

Another bug is how pets are working. Defensive stance is very much messed up. My pets are currently on passive because they seem to want to aggro random hostiles 70 yards away, but then not defend me when I pull mobs. Also, if you pull a mob, send Voidwalker in manually to attack, and Torment resists, he'll become rooted and not move while the mob comes to you.

Anyone have a problem with Voidwalker moving up to a target and then just standing there not doing anything?

Bugs I've noticed.

Pets AI causes them to not follow the target they are attacking, which makes them useless in PvP and a hassle you have to play around in PvE.

Suppression doesn't appear to be getting its full effect, in vanilla suppression allowed you to hit mobs that were up to 9 levels higher than you with affliction spells, as of right now I still get resisted on green mobs.

Improved Drain life talent doesn't work.

Improved curse of agony doesn't seem to be adding more damage, though I admit I need to test that more.

Not a big bug but one o noticed, early levels when my imp ran OOM he would start to melee, imps are not supposed to have the ability to melee.

Defensive stance doesn't work properly, sometimes my void walker would just stand there watching me get beat on, and other times it goes after mobs I have not attacked as of it was on aggressive.

These are the bugs I've personally run into while leveling to 28. As I go further and try different talents I will update with new bugs I find.

Re: Bugs I've noticed.

There is almost no point in writing such a bug report into the forum. The best thing you can do is to post every bug to the Bug Tracker and provide maybe 1 or 2 screenshots. Chances are high that your bugs will be fixed rather soon this way.
I would recommend that you write all your reports from this thread there so the devs can fix them.

Thank you for your reports nontheless.

I hope this helps :smile:.

Redrige brute , pigs 5 levels lower then me,20% to apply Shadow word:pain on him... dragonkins got insane arcane resist same as orc , my wand does 25% dmg not counting 50% chance to hit

My voidwalker attacks other players mobs when I put him on defensive and my imp tries to spam Fire Shield all the time.

As Dareptor mentioned above, there's no point in writing this problems here on forum. I seriously doubt that someone will look at "pigs 5 levels lower then me,20% to apply Shadow word:pain on him" a fix whatever you had in mind. Said thousand times, effort appreciated, but if problems are supposed to get fixed, someone will have to make a bug report: describe the problem, get some "proof" - screenshot, vid - and find the formulas, old posts etc to correct it. Go to bug report, do at least two of those things and it's a lot more likely that this things annoying you will diseappear.

yeah pets are fucked up, stances are fucked up, and dat rezistence on some mobs (RFK is pain for warlocks) are fucked up too.

I feel like 9 out of 10 mobs have an abundance of Shadow Resistance on them. I've almost given up even training Shadow Bolt.

Also, I've noticed that even on mobs with high shadow resistance, there aren't ever any partial resist ticks for my dots.

Is there a problem with Ritual of Summoning? It does not seem to work and I even tried the 'fix' that was on Feenix and that did not seem to work either.

I haven't had any issues with it (other than the animation+sound continuing if you cancel it). What specifically is the issue?

Top Bottom