• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Warlock Warlock bugs?

I cast the ability and the channel appears however none of my teammates can click it. After about 4-6 seconds it cancels.

Am I the one doing something wrong?

*Edit*

I believe the problem was that I was in the instance and was trying to summon someone who was OUTSIDE the instance. That was a case of me not knowing I could not do that so disregard my last post.

Last edited:
Only know that Lifedrain gets too less spellpower and succubus bugs arround at the moment.

Mostly pet bugs. The pathing in steep places e.g. down from wsg/av graveyard is still bad. Also if your pet is killed in a bg it doesn't ressurect with you. It can't follow you on zeppelins/boats too.

It would seem seduction is completely broken atm for PVP, not even CC'in for a second before walking off after the channeling has begun...its seems like quite an easy scripting error to fix, blizzlike right?

Last edited:
So I've noticed quite a bit of bugs just as I started playing:
1)Pet pathing seems to be very bad - my pet gets stuck on every hill/slope resulting in constant need of resummoning after every 100 yards of moving, also when I send my pet to attack some mob behind a tree or a fence he almost always chooses the longer path available;
2)Imp AI in particular seems to be broken - if you put his Firebolt on auto cast and send him to attack some mob out of the initial range of the spell, he starts running towards the mob and in the same time tries to cast Firebolt causing him to move up by like 3 yards, then stand still, get error "Out of range", then move up 3 yards again, try to cast FB, get error, and so on... That results in complete inability to pull any mobs with your imp;
3)Fear seems to break very easily - 1st tick of rank 1 agony is enough (3 dmg :lol:) or corruption or basically any damage... I don't know what causes this problem, but if it works the same way in PvP I'd say affli locks are basically unplayable, and even class itself in general sense is a lot weaker :mellow:.
So regarding the fact that some of these issues were mentioned above in this thread - those posts are 1 year old exactly :lol: - making it pretty likely that someone already reported them on the bug tracker a long time ago but these bugs are still present. My guess would be that noone cares and it's easier to just roll another class... So yeah, to all new warlocks out there - beware! :no:

Last edited:
Yeah right, locks are so super weak I can barely play.

In all seriousness though. It easy to find out what is broken or not by going to the bugtracker.
What pisses me off most is in order of annoyance:

- petpathing
- succubus
- incorrect sp scaling for drain life
- pyroclasm abuse

can't think of anything else atm

So, just started playing vanilla and I haven't played a lock above ~40 before, should I just reroll before I get much time invested in this toon? Or is the class doable with the current lie of bugs?

There is no bug severe enought to keep locks in check in vanilla.
The only downside to the class is the gearing process. Once you are done, enjoy faceroll to the max.

I tested "most/every" detail regarding warlocks down to what the chat log parses and what API it parses in and can asure you warlocks have no "critical" bug that keeps them pinned down. i even adjusted and fixed a number of old addons related to warlocks as well as testing the scaling of spells.

We have minor bugs here and there and due to large variety of demons & side quests we are more prone to have bugs than others.

Now that i have returned i will go through every old warlock bug again to check up on if they are fixed or changed.

When you fix this pathing bug? Any answer of admins? It was tracked like 1 year ago and no change = u cant fix this or u dont care?

So I've noticed quite a bit of bugs just as I started playing:
1)Pet pathing seems to be very bad - my pet gets stuck on every hill/slope resulting in constant need of resummoning after every 100 yards of moving, also when I send my pet to attack some mob behind a tree or a fence he almost always chooses the longer path available;
2)Imp AI in particular seems to be broken - if you put his Firebolt on auto cast and send him to attack some mob out of the initial range of the spell, he starts running towards the mob and in the same time tries to cast Firebolt causing him to move up by like 3 yards, then stand still, get error "Out of range", then move up 3 yards again, try to cast FB, get error, and so on... That results in complete inability to pull any mobs with your imp;
3)Fear seems to break very easily - 1st tick of rank 1 agony is enough (3 dmg ) or corruption or basically any damage... I don't know what causes this problem, but if it works the same way in PvP I'd say affli locks are basically unplayable, and even class itself in general sense is a lot weaker .
So regarding the fact that some of these issues were mentioned above in this thread - those posts are 1 year old exactly - making it pretty likely that someone already reported them on the bug tracker a long time ago but these bugs are still present. My guess would be that noone cares and it's easier to just roll another class... So yeah, to all new warlocks out there - beware!
1. Please send a recording and screenshots as i have not seen a pet get stuck in age's if anything it takes a too long route around obstacle but that is mainly in pvp maps.

2. Sound's like the description of an ancient bug which was solved ages ago https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?issue=5095 If what you got does not exist in a report then open case report it and include recording of it as you cannot expect unknown bug to be known right ? :)

3. Fear is a Need Information case as no one has found the original formula to calculate break chance yet. seek information and reply here: https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?issue=6615

4. The service they offer is free yet you are complaining as if you paid or they owe you something... count the solved cases not just the cases created there are over 8000 cases yet i doubt you have even tried to assist with seeking information in one of them....

When you fix this pathing bug? Any answer of admins? It was tracked like 1 year ago and no change = u cant fix this or u dont care?
Pet pahing is far from as bad as you make it sound the only spots i recall having minor issues is tree trunks in battlegrounds and some hills where the pets run a long way around. Please create a case if it does not exist or apply additional recording/picture of the bug so they have more information to fix it as said there are 8000+ cases most of which are long solved but still they have to investigate too much due to players only saying "this is a bug" yet the player did not say exactly what or how or even show it while some players confuse memories from tbc with vanilla.

If a case is not fixable they will say so, if the case won't be fixed it will be registered as such. There is a limit to being rude ya know ^^ remember private servers are a free service not something they owe you or you paid for or can demand yet still they do what they can :)

I played since the beta, i test and seek information to bugs so they can be confirmed earlier in addition to that i test API as Kronos is the only server willing to go into such detail as to fix API's which are used for addons. Before i cam to Kronos i was at Nost which i left after knowing how shady they where... I can assure you the crew on Kronos is wastly more competent than the ones you knew from Nost

Last edited:
Pet pathing has always been an issues with private servers, so that's not a big deal at all. Having seduction completely broken make it pointless to even use the pet in pvp situations; where a talent tree is mainly helped by proper use of the actually ability, not to mention the cc capabilities if also used correct. I just can't find it to be that hard of of a scripting error to fix that once seduction is cast, the succubus doesn't walk and break the channeled spell if it is not resisted.

Hi guys. New warlock here rerolling from Nostralrius.

Reading this thread it looks like some of these bugs havent been fixed yet. So far ive noticed that the imp has some issues. They include::

1. Imp stutters when out of range. Starts casts, shuffles forward, tries to cast again, and so on until finally in range.
2. When aggroing multiple mobs, Imp on aggressive or defensive stance will help kill the first mob and then go idle. Has to be manually told to attack again.
3. Imp seems not to follow in some circumstances, maybe when on aggressive and after assisting another player in combat.

Are these all known issues or should i add more bug reports?

Thanks.

Hi guys. New warlock here rerolling from Nostralrius.

Reading this thread it looks like some of these bugs havent been fixed yet. So far ive noticed that the imp has some issues. They include::

1. Imp stutters when out of range. Starts casts, shuffles forward, tries to cast again, and so on until finally in range.
2. When aggroing multiple mobs, Imp on aggressive or defensive stance will help kill the first mob and then go idle. Has to be manually told to attack again.
3. Imp seems not to follow in some circumstances, maybe when on aggressive and after assisting another player in combat.

Are these all known issues or should i add more bug reports?

Thanks.

I have just started playing on Kronos (got to level 10) and have definitely noticed issue 1 and 2 not sure on 3.

Also I noticed when imp out of mana he does nothing and the failed spell sound happens nonstop until he has enough mana for firebolt.

The people saying that Warlocks here are better scripted than "any other private server" (read: Nostalrius) are either not playing a Warlock or are outright lying.

-Defensive stance will force your pet to continue attacking any mob you have a DoT on, when telling it to follow is supposed to pull it off (for instance, when a mob gets tagged before your DoT has a chance to do damage he will still attack it until you put him on passive)

-Fear breaks far too easily; this seems to be a persistent issue that "just report it to the bugtracker" hasn't fixed in over a year. I understand that the original Fear formula is lost to us, but this should be a relatively simple matter of adjusting the chance to break on damage (it currently feels like every single time the mob takes damage is upwards of a 20% chance to break, so with full DoTs it's never going to last the full duration)

-Pets get stuck on fences, pets randomly disappear only to come back after landing from a flight path (or end up as a soul shard out of nowhere), pets do not follow a straight line to enemies (probably connected to the unique LoS on Kronos)

-Suppression does not work; 3 points for a 6% hit chance on Affliction spells should be a 100% immunity to resists for everything up to 2 levels above you, this is absolutely not the case on Kronos

-Pet health and mana regeneration is completely broken, as has been said earlier in the thread (upwards of a year ago without being addressed; again, is this more complicated than adjusting a coefficient or tweaking some numbers?) effectively hamstringing Warlock leveling with a Voidwalker and I assume at 40 when switching to Dark Pact + Imp, since the Imp will run out of mana well before he should

-Voidwalker takes entirely too much damage, he is being reduced to half health or lower by a single even-leveled mob, almost dead or actually dead if attempting to chain-pull two or three mobs in a row; coupled with the abysmal regeneration, the only viable option on Kronos is to resummon the VW every few mobs to try and get to the regular and Blizzlike efficiency of leveling with a VW

In all these bugs have existed for over a year and it is quite telling to me that they have not been addressed. I will continue playing my Warlock, but getting some sort of response from the devs in charge of this sort of thing as to why these issues have gone unfixed for so long would at least be comforting. I hate drawing comparisons to Nostalrius, because that isn't really fair, but I also don't think the community (and Warlock players especially) benefit at all from sitting idly by and not bringing these issues up for as long as is needed to get something done.

There is no 100% immune to resist in Vanilla(and in TBC). Spells always have a 1%resist Chance. If you dont believe me check all the TBC threads where multiple mages go insane cause their Polymorph gets resisted in Arena cause of the 1% resist Chance.

Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Spell Hit chance now caps at 100%, instead of 99%. Spell Hit Rating has been merged into Hit Rating, which now increases Spell Hit chance. Spells that miss a target now show up as Miss instead of Resist.

Last edited:
There is no 100% immune to resist in Vanilla(and in TBC). Spells always have a 1%resist Chance. If you dont believe me check all the TBC threads where multiple mages go insane cause their Polymorph gets resisted in Arena cause of the 1% resist Chance.

Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Spell Hit chance now caps at 100%, instead of 99%. Spell Hit Rating has been merged into Hit Rating, which now increases Spell Hit chance. Spells that miss a target now show up as Miss instead of Resist.

Fine, I'll rephrase: Suppression does not work as intended. The resist chance of a mob based solely on level is 6% for a mob 2 levels higher than the caster; 3 points in Suppression reduces the chance to resist by 6%, so there would only be a 1% chance for an Affliction spell to be resisted (aside from non level-based resistances, as Mages experience with certain elementals), yet in-game these spells are resisted far more than 1% of the time by a mob 2 levels higher than the caster.

This was also a problem on Nostalrius, so it may be something to do with MaNGOS (Mages had a similar bug), and not as problematic as the other issues I outlined.

I tested "most/every" detail regarding warlocks down to what the chat log parses and what API it parses in and can asure you warlocks have no "critical" bug that keeps them pinned down. i even adjusted and fixed a number of old addons related to warlocks as well as testing the scaling of spells.

We have minor bugs here and there and due to large variety of demons & side quests we are more prone to have bugs than others.

Now that i have returned i will go through every old warlock bug again to check up on if they are fixed or changed.

Thank you!!!

The people saying that Warlocks here are better scripted than "any other private server" (read: Nostalrius) are either not playing a Warlock or are outright lying.

-Defensive stance will force your pet to continue attacking any mob you have a DoT on, when telling it to follow is supposed to pull it off (for instance, when a mob gets tagged before your DoT has a chance to do damage he will still attack it until you put him on passive)

-Fear breaks far too easily; this seems to be a persistent issue that "just report it to the bugtracker" hasn't fixed in over a year. I understand that the original Fear formula is lost to us, but this should be a relatively simple matter of adjusting the chance to break on damage (it currently feels like every single time the mob takes damage is upwards of a 20% chance to break, so with full DoTs it's never going to last the full duration)

-Pets get stuck on fences, pets randomly disappear only to come back after landing from a flight path (or end up as a soul shard out of nowhere), pets do not follow a straight line to enemies (probably connected to the unique LoS on Kronos)

-Suppression does not work; 3 points for a 6% hit chance on Affliction spells should be a 100% immunity to resists for everything up to 2 levels above you, this is absolutely not the case on Kronos

-Pet health and mana regeneration is completely broken, as has been said earlier in the thread (upwards of a year ago without being addressed; again, is this more complicated than adjusting a coefficient or tweaking some numbers?) effectively hamstringing Warlock leveling with a Voidwalker and I assume at 40 when switching to Dark Pact + Imp, since the Imp will run out of mana well before he should

-Voidwalker takes entirely too much damage, he is being reduced to half health or lower by a single even-leveled mob, almost dead or actually dead if attempting to chain-pull two or three mobs in a row; coupled with the abysmal regeneration, the only viable option on Kronos is to resummon the VW every few mobs to try and get to the regular and Blizzlike efficiency of leveling with a VW

In all these bugs have existed for over a year and it is quite telling to me that they have not been addressed. I will continue playing my Warlock, but getting some sort of response from the devs in charge of this sort of thing as to why these issues have gone unfixed for so long would at least be comforting. I hate drawing comparisons to Nostalrius, because that isn't really fair, but I also don't think the community (and Warlock players especially) benefit at all from sitting idly by and not bringing these issues up for as long as is needed to get something done.

Fear breaking too easily was literally the most talked about thing back in vanilla retail wow as well.

Last edited:
I can confirm the problem with the damage the void got. I'm now at lv 15 and i resummon the void after 2 or 3 mobs or he goes down til the 3th or 4th one. Don't know how to kill then some rare or elite mobs solo, if my void goes down after 2 hits.

But i haven't noticed any problem with Fear yet :/ if there is a second mob coming infight, i dot it and use Fear. Only thing is that the dots sometimes get lost on the target. Anyone else notice that?

Is Suppression being looked at in the bug tracker? Oh and is it at least working in PvP?

Last edited:
I have noticed 2 bugs
Summoning works 1/2 times, seems random when it works and doesn't
Sometimes I can't use my pVoidwalker's ability to heal, because he's "Out of range" when he's right next to me

I have noticed 2 bugs
Summoning works 1/2 times, seems random when it works and doesn't
Sometimes I can't use my pVoidwalker's ability to heal, because he's "Out of range" when he's right next to me
When summoning you need to keep targeting the person to summon. If you clear your target nothing will happen. When using any pet skill it seems that it tries to use it on your current target, also the skills that can only be used on friendly targets or itself. So when you have some mob targeted you get that message. Just clear your target and it should work.

Top Bottom