• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Other Warlock,Mage or Hunter

Sapphiraz

Hi! Basically im thinking between these 3 classes but i cant decide which.I have been playing mage a lot on other expansions and my limited vanilla experience also consists of being mage.With that said i wanna try something different and i really really like hunters but i heard that they are not good dps in raids and its hard to get a spot in a raid and i really wanna do all the pve content.And the 3rd class i have been thinking about is warlock.So please tell me your opinions on the 3 classes pve/pvp what should i play.

Ty in advance and have a nice day !

Hi.

For some reason there is always lack of Warlocks in vanilla. Therefore I suggest you can chose WL and find a raid spot pretty easily. But mage is a 5 man rockstar because of Polymorph spell and crucial 40 man DPS. You should not have problem finding raid spot as either mage or warlock. Hunter is the best leveler (mage and wl are second the best), great farmer, decent dps but if you get raid spot it will be only because of Tranquilizing Shot - and that is your primary job in raids. Mages and warlocks are "PvE mainstream". Must have in every single encounter. Hunters are useful but essential in only few (see: Tranquilizing Shot).

Every class you are torn between are NOT interesting in PvE (due to the 1 button playstyle), good and potentialy solid PvE raiders. Here is my personal top list:
mage = warlock > hunter

For PvP however I recomend hunter, since it is realy OP if played well. Warlock is pretty hard to play, but realy rewarding (I'm talking about destruction build). Mages are... mainstream. At PvP only aspects my top list is:
hunter > warlock = mage

Cya!

PS: yea, I don't like mages.

Last edited:
Though it's not the class for me, I have to say of those 3, warlocks are pretty bad azz. Their ability to grind through mobs with zero downtime is sick. And things like death coil and healthstones make them a tough challenge in world PvP.

Really just depends on what you want to do, all three have different playstyles through leveling, pve and pvp. Raidwise, while Locks and Mages are dps classes, Hunter is more of a support class. You'll have extra duties on some encounters as a Hunter, and that's pretty much the only reason why you're brought as Hunter sustained DPS is abysmal. Leveling, all classes have it super easy, and Hunters are arguably called the easiest to level with. However, they're also a lot more annoying to level as due to the ammo requirement and obnoxious pet micro-management system that Warlocks do not have to deal with. The only downside to leveling as a Warlock is Soul Shards, Lifetap not being that good at lower ranks and occasionally out-aggroing Voidwalker. Mage has no downside to leveling at all, unless you're stupid and level as Fire or Arcane. PvP wise, they're all great and can be quite obnoxious to go against.

imo Mage/Warlock > Hunter. Hunter requires too much pet micromanagement for me to really enjoy, and getting an Aimed Shot crit just isn't as satisfying as a big Shadow Bolt crit on top of all those nasty DoTs.

Top Bottom