• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Warlock Warlock PVE guide

I'd say Shadow, Arms and Beast Mastery. You could go Holy as priest and Protection as Warrior and have a dedicated healer and tank, but there's really no need if you're 3 people levelling.
You can easily heal as Shadow while levelling and I'd probably just use the Hunter's pet as a 'tank' or have the warrior equip a shield if there's a need for one.

I'd say Shadow, Arms and Beast Mastery. You could go Holy as priest and Protection as Warrior and have a dedicated healer and tank, but there's really no need if you're 3 people levelling.
You can easily heal as Shadow while levelling and I'd probably just use the Hunter's pet as a 'tank' or have the warrior equip a shield if there's a need for one.

Heh, thanks men but I forgot say: I will play warlock and I want warlock talent build for this grup :biggrin: nevermind... Warr is tank (Arms talents + shield) Hunter BM and priest Holy, yep.
I think Affli will be the best choice because Destro is so mana hungry and Demo is bad for leveling in party (I think), maybe "Demonic Sacrifice" is good for dungeon....

Heh, thanks men but I forgot say: I will play warlock and I want warlock talent build for this grup :biggrin: nevermind... Warr is tank (Arms talents + shield) Hunter BM and priest Holy, yep.
I think Affli will be the best choice because Destro is so mana hungry and Demo is bad for leveling in party (I think), maybe "Demonic Sacrifice" is good for dungeon....

Ahh, I see, no worries mate. I'd definitely spec Affliction as a Warlock while levellig too, yeah.
For the Hunter you could spec Marksmanship as well if you're going to be grouping and want a higher dps-output.
BM is the most common spec used while levelling as it makes your pet a lot stronger and allows you to sit back and do damage while your pet deals with the mob, but if the warrior (or the voidwalker) is going to be taking the damage I'd probably spec Marksmanship and go for a pet with high dps (cat or wolf) instead of a tank (bear, boar).

As a hunter your pet will do better dmg probably while you lvl. You need gear to do dmg, pet just needs lvls. But I guess it doesnt really matter if you level with 3 people .. everything should be really easy with every spec.

Lamantin>
for leveling, the best build and strategy would be, i would say, AFFLI for dark pact + DEMO

you would run with imp, doing "draintanking", dot, drain, repeat.. tap or suck imp's mana

this is not realy the fastest way to kill the mob, but if done properly, it does not requiry any downtimes for food or drink :)

How about this build http://www.wowprovider.com/?talent=11215875_9_8r233c501425d5005050005122000100

I think it could be a viable PvE build because of the Improved Healthstone for tanks and other raiders when demanded, Improved Imp for tanks and Master Demonologist for 20% threat reduce. I think this is a good support/threat control build because warlocks sometimes have aggro problems, the thing is on Feenix you can alt+f4 during raid encounters wich resets your threat, on Kronos your character stays ingame when you alt f4 wich doesn't reset the threat. Also, if you are an orc warlock you enjoy 5% more pet damage, just a minor point but still.

Feel free to give your opinion.

Regards

Victor

20% threat reduction is worthless because you're already cutting 15% of your damage (and threat) by not saccing Succubus. Improved Healthstone brings the healing up to 1440 from 1200, which is alright but not worth two talent points. That build is a relic of old times from before threat meters and tanks not knowing how to generate threat properly. In 1.12, it's pretty bad.

Maintaining aggro is very important, even tanks have it hard on 1.12 server. I raid BWL and AQ40 on Feenix we use KTM threat meter and our warlocks mostly overaggro and die due their high dps. However, if they are high on threat they can alt+f4 wich resets their threat. You can't use alt+f4 on kronos because your character stays ingame for least a minute, better do good substained dps, than do high dps, showing off, overaggro and die, a dead dps is a worthless dps.

Sorry for the noob question but im kinda new to vanilla and new to warlocks.My question is which pet should i use as a warlock in 5/10 man dungeons and 25/40 man raids ? And also what is the best choice for a profession for warlock ?

Last edited:
If you have pet summoned, you almost always use imp for stamina and FR buff.

Useful professions for lock are alchemy, tailoring, engineering or enchanting or any of the gathering professions.

//Nodon

But what if you are DS/Ruin spec and you need to sacrifice the succubus for shadow damage buff how am i gonna be able to go with an Imp and im sorry for the noob question but what is FR buff

If you are running with DS / ruin spec, then ofc. you sacrifice the succubus and then you don't have a summoned demon.
With FR buff I meant imps Fire Shield spell, but in vanilla it doesn't give FR buff (my bad there, that was a TBC thing).

//Nodon

If you are running with DS / ruin spec, then ofc. you sacrifice the succubus and then you don't have a summoned demon.
With FR buff I meant imps Fire Shield spell, but in vanilla it doesn't give FR buff (my bad there, that was a TBC thing).

//Nodon

When is demonic sacrifice better than shadow mastery? Is it at a certain gear level?

If multiple warlocks drain soul from the same target do they all get a soul shard or does only one person get it?

They will all get it. Or at least they used to in Vanilla. I assume Kronos will be the same. Another thing worth noting is that you need mobs that are within your experience range if you want any shards.
That means that at lvl 60 you will need mobs of lvl 52+, the old classic being the big red spiders you can farm in Searing Gorge before going into BRM.

They will all get it.

That's not how things work on Kronos atleast.. my friend and I, we play duo warlocks, and SS gets the first one casting drainsoul.. sounds logic for me, you want to store the soul of creep, but it has only one soul ;)

That's not how things work on Kronos atleast.. my friend and I, we play duo warlocks, and SS gets the first one casting drainsoul.. sounds logic for me, you want to store the soul of creep, but it has only one soul ;)
Use the same rank of Drain soul.

Last edited:
Well it deals more damage. When I farm soulshards and use drain sould at 50% of the mobs hp I use the max rank.
If the mob is about to die I use the lowrank.
You could even write a macro which dynamically choses the rank (I guess).

I cant see talents

[h=1]This webpage is not available[/h]DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

Top Bottom