• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Information Warlock Summoning

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the staff are full aware that this 'fix' doesn't remove the feature from the table completely. It may seem targeted at min/max raiding and no one's stupid enough to deny it'll affect the power shift on world bosses. Of course there will be some growing pains in the raiding community, that's what the bulk of us are here to do. Its a short term hit in raid efficiency, at least until people level to 45.

BUT WITH THAT SAID there are many other areas of play that are affected by this easy way around, and a handful affect auction house lopsidedness which as I understand is an equally complained-about issue. The problem isn't really so exclusive to one particular usage as much as it is addressing the ease-of-access to ubiquity or omnipresence on the world scale. This directly affects the quality of life regarding cross-zone resource collection, PvP force projection in both scouting and response, PvP contested zone control, and (god forbid) world buff griefing. Hordies here love to catch a raid group off-guard or troll around to see who's careless enough to wander from the raid. This is a PvP server and PvP is a reality. Lets not forget those who play to piss us off! Must be pretty boring when your organized effort in intercepting a fully buffed raid was thwarted by an hour's worth of time investment.

Poopsockers gonna poopsock, they always have and they always will. People with high octane give-a-shit levels are also the same type of folks who likely forked over additional bucks IRL to have alt accounts for the same function (By the way that dude was the real MVP back in the day). The intention of the hotfix was to bring the number of participants in said activity back down towards that metric. The hardcore will still do their thing and those who CBA will let their level 20 warlock alts rot.

TLDR :

It's a five-toed 90-degree swift kick in the scrotum in the short term but when it's all said and done warlock summoning alts haven't been removed and their functionality will persist. @the staff : thank you for not touching/restricting on the account level!

I think that one or two emerald dragons can be spawned during night for NA players. The problem is that Chero is from middle Europe and he have to be online after new dragon release to fix anything that may go wrong. And nobody wants to be awake until 4 am when you must get up to school/work.

Since the XP boost is about to render this fix worthless, here's my suggestion:

Any player who wants a warlock alt account must gift $300 worth of items or game time to a retail WoW account set up by the Kronos team. This is roughly what it would've cost to maintain a second account during retail Vanilla (20 months sub @ $13/mo. + $40 game).

This is in the spirit of being Blizzlike, of course :tongue:

Since the XP boost is about to render this fix worthless, here's my suggestion:

Any player who wants a warlock alt account must gift $300 worth of items or game time to a retail WoW account set up by the Kronos team. This is roughly what it would've cost to maintain a second account during retail Vanilla (20 months sub @ $13/mo. + $40 game).

This is in the spirit of being Blizzlike, of course :tongue:

I'd prefer them gift the money to the resources of development and upkeep of the server but only if the Kronos team could provide evidence the money was used in a sensible way.
There's no point giving Blizzard a single cent because the service/game they currently provide is diabolical.

I'd prefer them gift the money to the resources of development and upkeep of the server but only if the Kronos team could provide evidence the money was used in a sensible way.
There's no point giving Blizzard a single cent because the service/game they currently provide is diabolical.

I agree with that, but I think charging people for "subscriptions" makes the server more of a target for legal action by Blizzard.

Maybe I'm wrong though since Kronos does have a gift shop and account sales already. If that's the case, then by all means they should keep the $300 for themselves.

You are 100% correct with EU Horde.

If you want NA horde to show up you spawn it around 0300 server time.

10am-1pm on a Sunday seems perfectly fair for NA players, at least more fair than spawning it in the dead of night EU times.

Maybe i just don't have a life :wacko:

=================================

Yesterday I saw someone leveling 4 or 5 warlocks at once...
~> considering this topic, I'm guessing at their purpose ^^ :).

~~
What I wanna say about this idea of being "blizz-like" is that you can change it also to the better! :)
~~

~ My first private server experience started on a realm called "Overhill Circle",
it was a very small community and they were playing TBC with certain changes:
=> improved xp/gold/profession-leveling rates; cross-faction chat (cuz of few players);
and, important for this topic: "Mr. Hyper" !_!
Mr. Hyper was a Draenei npc positioned in every city and at every summoning stone near instances,
who would teleport you (for a fee or free idr) to any other Mr. Hyper in the game world.
I think this was a really good improvement to the game, for it reduced the time u spend just traveling,
but wasn't too much to break the 'in-game-feeling'.
The one positive/negative debate going on about him was that you could teleport to the instances in the middle of Stormwind or Orgrimar, being on the opposing faction... well, as that server was a small community, I felt it to be good & fun, ((but on nost for example, all hell might break loose ^^ <haha>))...
~

Ya... :) //\\this topic just reminded me of good old Mr. Hyper *_* //\\

:yinyang::redheart::redcepka:

!!! I HAVE A SOLUTION FOR THE WARLOCK SUMMON ABUSE FOR WORLD BOSSES AND STUFF LIKE THAT !!!

as we all know, world bosses are announced ingame at least 30 min before.
when the boss is spawned, server is reseted, and we all have to log back in.
kronos should just make a special command for that event, that it would spawn EVERY character (above level 20-30?) in the one general area, so we can have a fair competition.
it could be some special destination - like teldrassil for alliance, mulgore for horde..
or spawn them in main towns.

i think warlock summon abuse is the big thing and it should be prevented. maybe even they should make a daily reset for all warlocks to respawn them in the main town. i mean, at lest two times a week. one per day would be ok i guess.

I have missed one thing in this discussion, so allow me to add it:

What I feel is the main reason to play an MMORPG like World of Warcraft, is to immerse yourself in an artificial world different from the real world. As such, I find it greatly annoying when I am running through Westfall or whatever zone to encounter players that have many other characters on follow.

Why?

Because the simple fact that one character does not equal one player is detrimental to my playing experience. I don't give a damn about world bosses, you can have them.. but when I play this game, I play to experience a fantasy world and not to walk around in character factories.

Is that a roleplaying argument? Yes, to some extent. But let me emphasize that a roleplaying argument perhaps has the most merit in a Massive Multiplayer Online ROLEPLAYING Game.

This intervention is by no means perfect. Players that have invested time in their summoning alts now see it wasted, which is understandably frustrating. Also, the problem persists due to the leveling boost.

That said, I support the measure that the devs have taken because of the underlying motives (as I interpret them): sending out a signal to all those players that have made summoning alts saying that the Kronos team is against this use of the Warlock class. Ignoring that means you are ignoring the express wishes of the people that are making this realm available to you. To me.. that's keeping your muddy boots on and stomping through the house of someone where you are a guest.

My commendations to the Kronos team for putting so much effort into recreating the vanilla experience.

Just my 2 cents.

I agree with you, wow should be focused on developing one character. We already have situations where guilds have Mains, Main-Alts and Alts.. I dont like the idea of mandatory 6 Warlocks so I can support the guild, mandatory one Mage for portals and water...
The damage is done and x7 will be here at least few more weeks.
I wonder what would be the long term effect.

I agree with you, wow should be focused on developing one character. We already have situations where guilds have Mains, Main-Alts and Alts.. I dont like the idea of mandatory 6 Warlocks so I can support the guild, mandatory one Mage for portals and water...
The damage is done and x7 will be here at least few more weeks.
I wonder what would be the long term effect.

it's not mandatory so i don't know why you are pretending it is

=================================

Yesterday I saw someone leveling 4 or 5 warlocks at once...
~> considering this topic, I'm guessing at their purpose ^^ :).

~~
What I wanna say about this idea of being "blizz-like" is that you can change it also to the better! :)
~~

~ My first private server experience started on a realm called "Overhill Circle",
it was a very small community and they were playing TBC with certain changes:
=> improved xp/gold/profession-leveling rates; cross-faction chat (cuz of few players);
and, important for this topic: "Mr. Hyper" !_!
Mr. Hyper was a Draenei npc positioned in every city and at every summoning stone near instances,
who would teleport you (for a fee or free idr) to any other Mr. Hyper in the game world.
I think this was a really good improvement to the game, for it reduced the time u spend just traveling,
but wasn't too much to break the 'in-game-feeling'.
The one positive/negative debate going on about him was that you could teleport to the instances in the middle of Stormwind or Orgrimar, being on the opposing faction... well, as that server was a small community, I felt it to be good & fun, ((but on nost for example, all hell might break loose ^^ <haha>))...
~

Ya... :) //\\this topic just reminded me of good old Mr. Hyper *_* //\\

:yinyang::redheart::redcepka:

black desert inc.

no stupid fast travel or summoning.

I'm a fan of this change, this game is about time!
Just imagine the playtime of all characters on official WoW realms, but only the time which they spend on flying.
I bet this is like some thousands of years only flight time, which gave blizzard time to develop (& stuff ;)
Else, flight playtime of all characters could be effective playtime instead (remember thousands of years), people would've rushed through the game and there wouldn't be time anymore to create genius stuff.

I was going to say "also add a level restriction to pick up black lotuses!", but then I thought about this 7x exp event... I guess the only real solution would be to force everyone to have just one account. What about adding a cellphone number requirement for the account registration? Unlike the emails, cellphone numbers are harder to get, aren't they? This way would be more like retail with like two or three accounts tops as average.

Please don't spit in my hair. I love you all. Peace.

I was going to say "also add a level restriction to pick up black lotuses!", but then I thought about this 7x exp event... I guess the only real solution would be to force everyone to have just one account. What about adding a cellphone number requirement for the account registration? Unlike the emails, cellphone numbers are harder to get, aren't they? This way would be more like retail with like two or three accounts tops as average.

I don't think anyone is using low levels to pick Lotus, are they? Last I knew it was just dead level one night elves at each Lotus spawn belonging to the most hardcore guild on the server.

In Sweden you can get a new phonenumber for your mobilephone really easy, cost is about 2-3euro for a starter kit, even free some times.

I guess in some countrys it would restrict this but not in the North Euro.

Hijacking a post from another thread.

Well, only 'cause you asked so nicely...

The entire thread on the modification involving Warlock Summon in the news section is attributed to them as the cause. Which is sort of especially pathetic considering the recourse that was available to them during this x7 exp event intended to draw in new players to the server, and how they used it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSyNitNQDas

http://postimg.org/image/fyho8ydq5/
http://postimg.org/image/8wjqmra4d/

The intent on coming to a Classic server to re experience an old game is kind of lost on some people.

How is this acceptable? I'm pretty sure those scarabs shouldn't have been awarding full experience and I'm pretty sure Vanguard are aware that they shouldn't be either.

Not reporting a bug and bug abuse?

Copy of another post about this:
The spider video is interesting, because I agree it does seem like a strange thing. I believe rislotto (who can be seen in the vid) was the one who discovered this, and he asked GMs if this was fine, and got their approval. This seems to have been changed later, and so we stopped doing that.

Basically, a few people discovered something that seemed a bit weird, asked a GM and got thumbs up, and so they used it.
Later GMs changed their minds, and so they stopped using it.

Copy of another post about this:

Basically, a few people discovered something that seemed a bit weird, asked a GM and got thumbs up, and so they used it.
Later GMs changed their minds, and so they stopped using it.

A GM approving doing what is in that video seems really bizarre.

I just made the video set w/ screenshots to show a situation that was going on. Looking through the server rules, I discovered that using game objects to obstruct Line of Sight is legit here. Seeing that, I saw no rules were being broken (technically) which is why I posted the video and pic set in the other thread. That one was all about integrity and a sense of fair play, etc. Pretty much I was mocking the group for doing an end-run around Chero's intent to gain an edge on a 12 year old game.

You have a point though. I would LOVE to see a screenshot of the GM conversation stating roughly "Yes, it is completely fine to take a character of level 20ish into a zone with level 50+ content and earn experience for them in a location where enemy mobs have NO CHANCE of ever drawing LOS to them, especially with the use of auto spawning petty health mobs".

More or less I'd treat such a screenshot of the conversation with the same reverence I give to sighting female dwarf hunters in game. It's such a rare thing that you're left in wonder and awe for being witness to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom