• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Information Warlock Summoning

Status
Not open for further replies.
"1. Rules
–By playing on the TwinStar server the player agrees to these rules and agrees to adhere to them.
– The administrator reserves himself the right to change the server rules at any time.
...."

Yea beside some nice arguements from ppl whose think its a good change (Peasemold +1) , i think its better to try it out before cry.
Give it a chance - nothing more.Check it out how long did it take to reduce honor from sands - and yea its a good idea, even if the guys which collect it all day probably dont like it.
Its not the end of the world.

Greetings

What can I say, Chero. You just decided to alienate your few hardcore guilds and remove highly competitive raiding from Kronos. Which you should have btw been proud of when you inspect pages such as http://realmplayers.com/RaidStats/RaidList.aspx?realm=All . Warlock summoning alts were big part of this. You know, when Vanguard was deciding whether to come to Kronos or go to Nostalrius, summoning alts on multiple accounts being perfectly allowed here was what made us join Kronos. Then we went on to increase its reputation in terms of PvE achievements (refer back to the RaidStats page I linked above). And now you can imagine how betrayed we feel.

A minute of silence for hardcore raiding on Kronos, please.

@Fei: AFK leveling became a thing in our guild maybe 5 days ago with only a single person having actually done it to level 20. All other warlocks (basically, all warlocks) were leveled by active playing before that.

thats a lie. weve killed many in hearthglen before getting power leveled afk style.

Chero: How? ^^

Well all i can think of is you making it a server rule that people can't have summoner warlocks on a secondary account, warlocks used only for summoning and nothing else and if reported / investigated that this is one of those accounts there can be a punishment as it's considered "abusing"? I guess it's the only way to stop people from doing that, instead of leveling restriction. That way tryhards can still have their lvl 20 summoner warlocks, but they are on their main account instead, which is blizzlike. Just my thoughts :)

Your way works too though just there's no middle ground for those guys unhappy about it.

It was allowed. All hardcore players took advantage of it and gathered their reward. Now, with more world bosses and more world buffs availible, it became a necessary condition to be able to compete in PvE AND PvP.
I understand, that you thought you will have much more profit from it, but you can't say you didn't get anything for your effort.

And as my personal note, i think that having lvl 45 alts for summon in all zones will never be forbiden because making them is way too much effort even for most of the hardcore players.

Seriously,... the only ones crying are people from Vanguard. You pride yourself in being hardcore. Then don't make it easy for yourself by being teleported anywhere at any time as you wish. If you want to be hardcore in competing for world bosses then show the effort required in being there first because you anticipated a spawn or were there anyway.
In my opinion, having lowlevel summonbots is not hardcore, it's pussy-style. Be there first, as a guild, in decent numbers and beat other guilds to it - under same circumstances. That defines hardcore to me!

The decision made with the warlocks reminds me a lot of the decisions that were made on Feenix without the consent of the players. Look at where Feenix is now. To my knowledge, only one raiding guild is happy with this decision (ONSLAUGHT) and I'm contemplating rerolling to another server because of it. We've had many players dedicate a lot of time leveling up summon alts because they were allowed, and to quickly make them useless without warning is unfair. Kronos' population is already very low, and to punish some of the more hardcore players/guilds is imo a very bad decision.

@Fei Some of us don't afk level warlocks. I spend a week leveling each of my warlocks the old-fashioned way and I hated every minute of it. But I did it so that I didn't have to fly to world bosses, so it saved me time when I needed it.

-Bunneh

Ok, so what I can conclude from everything said in this thread is the following:

• GMs and staff members also play in raid guild on Kronos
  • Emerald Dragons are coming
  • Those salty GMs/staff don't want Onslaught, CORAL and Vanguard to get all the dragons because they want their lazy casual guilds to also get some of that NR gear
  • GMs/staff decide to ban the biggest advantage that aforementioned guilds (apparently aside from Onslaught) have over theirs so that they can feel better about themselves.

Once again, good job Kronos.

What makes the world bosses so special compared to any other content is that time is of the essence. Travelling is supposed to be a part of doing the encounter. You can even call it the 1st phase of the fight if you will.

Summoning alts was used in vanilla as some have pointed out, but never to the extent that you can bring a 40-man raid to any world boss location in the span of 90 seconds. This is only happening on private servers where multiple accounts are a normality.

What you're doing with those alts is equivalent to an athlete using performance enhancing drugs. Those drugs are available to everyone, so what's the big deal you say? You're unfortunately missing the point. Being the first to reach the boss is not against the rules - there will always be someone who gets there first - but skipping a part of the encounter is. In the real world you have sport commitees deciding what is fair play and what isn't, on kronos you have the staff.

I would actually commend the staff for even giving a fuck about a thing like this. It's not often that you see something like that on a private server.

Vanguard should propagate fair play and welcome this change rather than feeling sorry for themselves. You're an embarrasment to the server and i take quite a lot of comfort in that your bashing of a totally justified change will all be for nothing.

Kronos' population is already very low, and to punish some of the more hardcore players/guilds is imo a very bad decision.

If i'm not mistaken the "hardcore" aspect would be risking your level 60 to scout out or get to a boss, not being toted around the world with no threat inbetween. :cool2:

While I understand your concern, there are three major problems with your argument:

1) You assume you know how Blizzard intended for things to be. As far as I see it, the fact that only a few people could afford to pay for the multiple accounts required for summoning alts is kind of pay to win, and bliz was completely ok with it. If anything, the situation here is far better because it means anyone who puts in the work can obtain that advantage.

2) You're literally the only private server to uphold such a rule. I played on ED from it's release, where everyone and their aunt Matilda had a summoning alt, and it was never a problem. I also played on Valkyrie and, like ED, was never an issue. Why is it suddenly an issue to you?

3) Saying it's not blizzlike, yet releasing Earthstrike and D2 wayyyyy before they're supposed to be obtained is not Blizzlike, but you still did it. Tad hypocritical don't you think?

EDIT:
4) How do you intent to compensate the players who put in days of work to level these alts? If you don't, what guarantee do we have that you won't retroactively decide in the future to ruin days, weeks, or months of work because you suddenly feel like it gives some players some selective advantage?

So, any replies Chero?

Seriously,... the only ones crying are people from Vanguard.

Of course, because this hits us the most. And it hits us so hard in the face with a huge rock that it might be too hard to recover. Why are we crying? Because Kronos just decided to backstab (one of) the most hardcore guild on the server. We introduced so many hardcore elements to Kronos with our arrival, and pushed other guilds into following us and using our raid tactics (all publicly streamed) to be able to compete, increasing the quality of Kronos raiding. We introduced summon alts on a large scale so that whole raid can save precious minutes on those world buffs which lets you do dungeon raids a few minutes or even seconds faster than normal, which all matters to us because we are about getting the maximum out of our time spent raiding here. We also introduced summon alts so that we can quickly reach world bosses and summon our members when they wake up at 3-4 AM to kill world bosses. Minmaxing - minimize effort, maximize gain.

Just admit it Chero, it's all about that NR gear from Emerald Dragons.

I'm seriously disappointed as is my whole guild. I'm not sure where this will go on to from this point. As I said earlier when we came to Kronos, one of reasons was that we could use summon alts (Nos had some weird requirements). And we've stayed here and helped (if not been instrumental in) shape the PvE quality of Kronos we can see today. Constantly fighting with having to raid with 30-37 people (40 men raids happen once in two months) because population is so low but nevertheless we kept playing here and having our fun doing pretty much only thing we like in this game - extremely competitive PvE. And now all that fun is removed.

You know that people who agree with a point rarely post a post into a thread with "I agree, good job". Infact the majority just reads it and goes on, without bothering to leave a post, because it is not neccessary. Therefore the majority of the posts in such a thread are by people who complain naturally.

+1 for the signature Peasemold :)

Last edited:
well we, along with the rest of the server, are having fun without lvl20 warlock summons in every zone. you dont have to be a hardcore guild to have some respectable results. we do just fine doing things our way which, needless to say, doesnt involve abusive and ridiculous low lvl alt strategies.

You know that people who agree with a point rarely post a post into a thread with "I agree, good job". Infact the majority just reads it and goes on, without bothering to leave a post, because it is not neccessary. Therefore the majority of the posts in such a thread are by people who complain naturally.

+1 for the signature Peasemold :)

Seeing how no Synced people are "complaining" (except Roids who was probably left in the dark and is a "filthy-ex-Vanguard-summoner-addict"), it is clear to us that Synced urged the staff to make this change so you guys have better chance of getting server firsts in AQ with the emerald dragons NR gear.

Ha, all the hate to Vanguard. This was clearly to simply punish us because we were the ones that were bothered to walk the extra mile, aside from the lazy complainers on the forums that, instead of writing and QQ'ing just because they couldn't get the world bosses, should be leveling them aswell if they thought it was the only way to compete.

All those comments from various players in various guilds clearly show how butthurt you guys are about us dominating the world boss scene. If you think you will finally start getting a few kills you're dead wrong.

As for me, I'm out, glhf.

Of course, because this hits us the most. And it hits us so hard in the face with a huge rock that it might be too hard to recover. Why are we crying? Because Kronos just decided to backstab (one of) the most hardcore guild on the server. We introduced so many hardcore elements to Kronos with our arrival, and pushed other guilds into following us and using our raid tactics (all publicly streamed) to be able to compete, increasing the quality of Kronos raiding. We introduced summon alts on a large scale so that whole raid can save precious minutes on those world buffs which lets you do dungeon raids a few minutes or even seconds faster than normal, which all matters to us because we are about getting the maximum out of our time spent raiding here. We also introduced summon alts so that we can quickly reach world bosses and summon our members when they wake up at 3-4 AM to kill world bosses. Minmaxing - minimize effort, maximize gain.

Just admit it Chero, it's all about that NR gear from Emerald Dragons.

I'm seriously disappointed as is my whole guild. I'm not sure where this will go on to from this point. As I said earlier when we came to Kronos, one of reasons was that we could use summon alts (Nos had some weird requirements). And we've stayed here and helped (if not been instrumental in) shape the PvE quality of Kronos we can see today. Constantly fighting with having to raid with 30-37 people (40 men raids happen once in two months) because population is so low but nevertheless we kept playing here and having our fun doing pretty much only thing we like in this game - extremely competitive PvE. And now all that fun is removed.

There are times when I don't know if I should take you seriously or if you are just being dramatic for the sake of it.

Are you kidding me? The self proclaimed most hardcore guild on the server can't recover from having warlock summon alts banned - not even banned just restricted to level 45 for summoning level 60s. Is this a joke? How much of your guild is structured around sitting in cities on your main characters?

You openly admit you chose Kronos as you saw you could abuse account creation to suit your needs. As said earlier, somewhat akin to doping. Of course we could all do it but not everyone wishes to be that pathetic over a vanilla private server for the illusion of being "hardcore and dedicated."

I remember one of the few Azuregos kills my guild secured. We had been sitting as a raid for some time waiting. He spawns and we engage right away. Azuregos was at around 50% before CORAL started dribbling in because they weren't able to call upon your summoners at the time. What happened next? We were accused of knowing when it would spawn and our kill called suspicious. It was hilarious.

Last edited:
Seeing how no Synced people are "complaining" (except Roids who was probably left in the dark and is a "filthy-ex-Vanguard-summoner-addict"), it is clear to us that Synced urged the staff to make this change so you guys have better chance of getting server firsts in AQ with the emerald dragons NR gear.

As you may have read of Aires a few pages before, we do have a lot of summoning alts as well (not as much as you of course) and we even told our members to start leveling them as well in order to compete with guilds who might have an advantage due to that.

Even though we are not in contact with any GM about such topic. But I guess since Horizon and Stormlords are not complaining too, they slept with the GMs apparently, to just fuck Vanguard up.

Likely? Probably not.

I fail to see why is that "better chance", instead of "the same chance".

Anyways, just wanted to say that I support this change, mainly because the game (at least vanilla) was ment to be played: the world explored, the time it took to travel from one point to other was ment to be spent on that, and not to be by-passed or skipped.
The ability to summon given to warlocks was ment to "give you a slight help", while encouraging socialization with your group. Anyone who don't like this change knows that, but they are against it because they lose their personal advantage. It's logical that if this would've happen on Blizzard at that time, they would've taken action to fix it. Any argument given against that is just pure crap.

I love how Kronos staff take even this level of detail on things, to provide the most fair server i've ever played in. Really, good job, thank you.

Hah! Nice one! :laugh: We have a lot of 20 lvl alts as well (and we had them on K2 too so it's not "your innovation") and we gained an advantage from them too. We are not happy about it too because it will make our life a bit harder, but we just can live with this change.

And don't even try to throw accusions on us. We are surprised by this news as you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom