• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Information Warlock Summoning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing how no Synced people are "complaining" (except Roids who was probably left in the dark and is a "filthy-ex-Vanguard-summoner-addict"), it is clear to us that Synced urged the staff to make this change so you guys have better chance of getting server firsts in AQ with the emerald dragons NR gear.

You are completely deluded.

I fail to see why is that "better chance", instead of "the same chance".

You always had the same chance, you just couldn't be bothered to do it.

Now horde will have a way better chance at Azu though. (Actual better chance, not im-too-casual-to-level-better chance).

So u see the game like a fkin world of lvling lvl 20 shit and drekon camp? Oke lets do it , all guilds lvl that shit to 20 and lets all afk in IF orgri waiting till it spawn... alot of fun , if u have brain illness ofc. On retail didnt happened , and dont bullshit me saying that u had 4 accounts to summon urself. Well done removing that kronos( actually i had no idea of this till today coz not living on forums.
And to that people who whine here about kronos losing population coz of this .. server will lose more pop without world pvp for example , and i doubt that palid skeleton living in a cave will leave server coz he cant summ his chars anymore.

You always had the same chance, you just couldn't be bothered to do it.

Now horde will have a way better chance at Azu though. (Actual better chance, not im-too-casual-to-level-better chance).

Well then... If it always has been the same chance, and now it is the same chance too, why are you all bothered so much by this? Obvious response: because you are losing your personal advantage. The game is not ment to be played like this, and you all know it. I insist, any argument against that is just pure crap.

Tristan out :whistling:

What Hagson means is that everybody could level summon alts before if they wanted and have the same chance on world bosses as we do. Since they are 'banned', on the Azuregos encounter Horde has a considerable advantage since Orgrimmar is 1 Flight Path away from Azshara.

What Hagson means is that everybody could level summon alts before if they wanted and have the same chance on world bosses as we do. Since they are 'banned', on the Azuregos encounter Horde has a considerable advantage since Orgrimmar is 1 Flight Path away from Azshara.

I know what he ment. Still, it doesn't change the facts i just told.
That "advantage" to horde characters is natural, and totally intended by blizzard at that time.

Now, for real, Tristan out :yawn:

RdGTA.gif

My inactive friends' lv 60 warlock is waiting to set up camp in felwood.

I don't really see this decision as wise. I am currently highly innactive and I only leveled 1 summlock alt so it does not really concern me as much. But what I do not understand is, how does this exactly solve the issue. If people go as far as leveling to 45, are you going to be okay with it? Why? Just because they showed how dedicated in the issue they are? Are you then going to ban it too?

I never really found the possibility of having multiple accounts as a wise choice, but I see how it can be a problem in terms of restricting people from doing it.

Its amazing how many Vanguard people are getting salty over this, when really this is a BUFF to Vanguard!

Think about it, Vanguard is a guild with hardcore raiders. Now they all will have level 45 warlock alts that take so much TIME and DEDICATION to level. The semi-hardcore guilds wont ever be able to keep up to the HARDCORENESS that is Vanguard. Us measly scrubs can hardly be bothered to get level 20 warlock alts, let alone a level 45 Warlock Summoner alt.

This buffs Vanguards Hardcore factor by atleast 50-60%

This whole warlock thing seems to bring joy to most, anger to some. Having 4 warlock alts myself, I must say it blows to see this happen. However I don't see the need to overreact as they still left us the ability to have summoning alts (albeit higher level). I don't agree with the way this change was made though and I do not agree with your reasoning aswell.

Some Vanguard lock story background:

The first time I learnt about this warlock summoning alts thing was on Feenix. Team Plague and later on every other hardcore guild had these at their disposal. At first I absolutely disliked this concept. In that regard I fully understand the reaction of most people toward the use of warlock summoning alts. To compete with these guilds, Vanguard decided to slowly use warlock summoning alts aswell (mind you: we were not a hardcore guild back then). At that point, the practical use of these alts turned my disgust into acceptance. The alts weren't that hard to level and you could get to multiple locations in a short amount of time. Very convenient for world buffs and world bosses.

Having moved to Kronos, my guild decided to go the hardcore way and summoning alts would ofcourse be a part of that especially considering the rules allowed it (at level 20). I've always seen the unlimited account creation as a perk of private servers (unless rules) with the subsequent advantages that come along it. You have indeed and rightly so reserved the right to alter the rules. This hits us the most (seriously Peasemold, get that smile off your face :D). The most evident reaction is that most of us feel like the time spent leveling locks is wasted (which is partially true), real time spent on your server. Only a handful of players actually leveled their locks the "AFK"-way (to become a raider, you only need 1 lock alt in Vanguard).

Anyways, the above were just my thoughts on this subject. Moving forward, I just want to know the following: will you at any point increase the required level to be able to summon level 60 characters above level 45? will you at any point increase the required level to be able to assist summoning above level 1?

P.S.: I regret seeing some of our members pulling the plug because of this. I hope they turn around as Kronos still is a good server.

Last edited:
Why does anyone even care about what vanguard says lol?They are just trash bad guild with shitty leadership. They wipe on bwl trash with full world buffs dog whistles and what not lol

So u learnt that from penix ... On server where u was able to resetteleport trinkets , unstuck , hs and other things . Cool story breh. Did u had 4 accounts on retail to summon ur alts? We are not talking about wannabe servers like penix or emerald dream here . U did that on retail? No. GL.
P.S : Why so hardcore in 2016?=)

Seeing how no Synced people are "complaining", it is clear to us that Synced urged the staff to make this change so you guys have better chance of getting server firsts in AQ with the emerald dragons NR gear.

WOW!
it is ALWAYS ABOUT SYNCED for you isn't it?

you better should not have posted such a pure dumb, ignorant and delusional train of thought.
If you have any dignity and respect for yourself and your guildmebers, you better apologize for this giant load of bullshit my man!

I've told my own members several time to start leveling summon alts, so we can compete for the Emerald Dragons. We were about to invent new rules for our guild to enforce this more, because too many of our ppl didn't make enough of an effort on this. But still, we were about to shape up and get ready for the summoning madness.

And for the last fucking time, because you lil tiny pricks bring this up time and time again, because come cruch-time, we always come out on top and you guys just can't accept that sometimes there might be a guild that just performs better when it counts ... WE DO NOT HAVE ANY GMS/ADMINS IN OUR GUILD, NEITHER DID WE EVER PRESSURE CHERO TO DO ANYTHING!
Barely any of us ever gets into contact with staff members about anything.

We take things how they appear in front of us and we try to make the best out of it, so far, with overwhelming success, and that must be what you can't accept. Great losers you are, congratulations!

all seriousness aside though, I guess Weasel is Chero, or his twin brother, must be. Otherwise all of the events that have ever taken place on Kronos don#t make sense, right?! :yes::shifty::no:

I'm sorry i'm answering to this shitshow.... but Ermean literally 'called me out'.

Last edited:
Honestly, level 45 Is not a solution, it just makes people level their warlocks, and with right set-up boosting, that really doesn't take long. What you're doing is making it easier for the most dedicated guild to get the kills, because majority raid guilds aren't going to be bothered with leveling that high.

What Vanguard is failing to see is that's it is actually a good thing, from what I heard you guys have gone pretty hardcore and this shouldn't be an issue for you and locking down world bosses with no problems because other guilds are just too lazy. Don't you see that VG? You will monopolize those bosses or at least increase your chances because less or no other guild will level those locks.

If you're trying to make it illegal to have summoners, no matter what the level cap you increase it to. It's going to happen when you have tryhards and I was in the most tryhard guild on ED so believe me it's not a solution at all.

I only see one solution to make people happy and have it blizzlike. Firstly make it against rules to deter people from separate account summoner warlocks. Secondly merge warlocks into their main account. Yes it's questionable what is a "main account" but with investigation it should be easy to find out. It requires work for GM's i get that but if you want to make everybody happy and keep everything none "abusive" then I can't think of anything else. You can also maybe stop low levels from clicking summons too.

This way everyone gets to keep their lvl 20 summoner and summoning is allowed but only on the same account as their main. Therefore half raid needs to log their warlock, and half raid on their mains, and switch after first half is the zone. It's slower, it's annoying, it's what they did in Vanilla.

Is this a ridiculous suggestion or does someone think it's plausible? :wacko:

Last edited:
I don't really see this decision as wise. I am currently highly innactive and I only leveled 1 summlock alt so it does not really concern me as much. But what I do not understand is, how does this exactly solve the issue. If people go as far as leveling to 45, are you going to be okay with it? Why? Just because they showed how dedicated in the issue they are? Are you then going to ban it too?

I never really found the possibility of having multiple accounts as a wise choice, but I see how it can be a problem in terms of restricting people from doing it.

I greatly appreciate your post. This is the kind of input/criticism that is more constructive than salty. I mentioned it earlier that a handful of people doing this behaviour doesn't hurt the server. The problem is when that handful become a lot. We have gathered numerous evidence of groups of warlocks from the same player on numerous accounts afk levelling until level 20 to become summon alts. We have researched just how rampant lvl 20 warlocks became, their locations around the world. We thoroughly investigated this and debated for some time as to how to handle this. That handful which was sustainable quickly became the Tragedy Of The Commons and kept increasing towards hazardous numbers.

So the hope (again, everything we try to do is adaptive and not set in stone) is by simply raising the summoning level cap this will weed out those simply abusing the ability because it's there and "quick & easy", from those who do work hard and want a "competitive advantage".

Yes it sucks that we had to make this change. But our hope that this slides the scale back from abuse to a handful of players. It's easy to afk level to 20 and put in little effort to get to it. This happened a lot. But those who say they are hardcore and are all about competitive advantage, now you have it because it's much less likely you will face the same kind of lock summoning competition that you faced previously and it greatly limits the abuse of avoiding in game mechanics of the world.

What makes the world bosses so special compared to any other content is that time is of the essence. Travelling is supposed to be a part of doing the encounter. You can even call it the 1st phase of the fight if you will.

Summoning alts was used in vanilla as some have pointed out, but never to the extent that you can bring a 40-man raid to any world boss location in the span of 90 seconds. This is only happening on private servers where multiple accounts are a normality.

What you're doing with those alts is equivalent to an athlete using performance enhancing drugs. Those drugs are available to everyone, so what's the big deal you say? You're unfortunately missing the point. Being the first to reach the boss is not against the rules - there will always be someone who gets there first - but skipping a part of the encounter is. In the real world you have sport commitees deciding what is fair play and what isn't, on kronos you have the staff.

I would actually commend the staff for even giving a fuck about a thing like this. It's not often that you see something like that on a private server.

Vanguard should propagate fair play and welcome this change rather than feeling sorry for themselves. You're an embarrasment to the server and i take quite a lot of comfort in that your bashing of a totally justified change will all be for nothing.

perfectly said

that's like horde arguing that their priests should get fear ward

naturally some things will favour one side because that's the way blizzard designed it

they had a model that encouraged people to play more and thus pay more, and the fee was considerably high enough that if you wanted an advantage involving a second account, you'd have to pay a lot more money. you avoid this completely here.

kronos is incredibly fucking lenient with what they allow & what they don't and the admins are by far the most accessible, honest and transparent people in vanilla emulation. need i mention what happened with scriptcraft? qgaming? rebirth? feenix? and now nostalrius are banning people for things like 'botting' when they have no detection for it, they just follow people around and decide subjectively, or permabanning people for blizzarding thru LoS (which is blizzlike), even small things like 'having too much gold' have been complained about - they didn't even allow people to play on others' accounts, if this was caught then perm for both - hundreds if not thousands of un-just bans that are indisputable and you want to complain because the staff make this one change?

not to mention allowing more guilds/people access to emerald dragons is actually very healthy to the server as a whole. more world pvp, more people in the zones, actual travel time instead of doctor whoing around the map

and i doubt that palid skeleton living in a cave will leave server coz he cant summ his chars anymore.

straight SAVAGE

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly, level 45 Is not a solution, it just makes people level their warlocks, and with right set-up boosting, that really doesn't take long. What you're doing is making it easier for the most dedicated guild to get the kills, because majority raid guilds aren't going to be bothered with leveling that high.

There is a place for competitive advantage in WoW, we're not against it. This is kind of the point of the steps we took. If players want a competitive advantage, it should be earned. Levelling a lock to 20 is not really work especially when a majority of them were levelled in groups of 5 with imps auto attacking mobs to level.

As I mentioned in my other post, we're trying to get the abusive numbers down back into the handful of players/accounts. A handful is a lot more acceptable than the numbers we're seeing right now. If only some players/guilds would pause a moment and see how this would actually benefit them in the long run. The whole point is to shrink the abusive side of the numbers.

Regarding solution, it may not be. Time will tell and we are happy to be adaptive as things go. But frankly there is no easy solution to this problem.

So , every guild that is better then Vanguard have GM inside.... Too many GMs playing vanilla novadays :blink:

Having 5 warlocks with aggressive imps following one another is so hardcore. :rolleyes2:

If you summon whole raid in a minute and slay boss in another couple of minutes, it is hardly competitive for all players. What a nice philosophy: To be hardcore raider, you need lvl 20 warlock.

The amount of level 20 warlocks increases. Having 45+ level restriction means no speed races to every boss. If you want to race, go play on blizzard servers. You even earn better rewards for completing a dungeon quickly. :wacko:

If you summon whole raid in a minute and slay boss in another couple of minutes, it is hardly competitive for all players.

Of course it's competive. World bosses are all about killing fast, summoning yourself there should be a natural reaction to this, not something to be frowned upon and outlawed.

Having 45+ level restriction means no speed races to every boss.

Hah! He actually thinks this!

2016 #WorldofSummonCraft

I'm glad it's a joke to you.

I don't think it is a good idea to dismiss speed killing Flynn. It is a major part of keeping vanilla raiding interesting.

I support this decision if only because it has ALWAYS been fun to see blackcoder get so assblasted about trivial shit. Just level your alts to 45 if you're bragging about how much effort you're willing to put in. Your argument is stupid and invalid if you can't just get another 25 levels on your warlocks. Why does it matter to "the most hardcore raiding guild"? You guys would jump a server if they so much as changed the color of their logo, I swear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom