• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Information Warlock Summoning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chero

Kronos Administrator
Dear Players,

Over recent weeks and months we noticed a very serious trend of abuse of account mechanics which reached a pandemic state. Many of the players on the server have noticed the issue in passing, some of which have also voiced their concerns on the forum. The problem in a nut shell is due to the fact that there is no fee for having accounts with us. At no point would we ever charge the community for a subscription like back in Vanilla. However, because there is no monthly fee, it’s possible to have multiple accounts for the same player. This is fine, but the problem is that players having multiple accounts have led to many of these accounts being abused by creating and leveling warlocks to the minimum level of 20 so they have the ability to summon players.

While summoning is a core mechanic, and summoning alts positioned in strategic locations was a part of the true Vanilla experience; players having the ability to have 5+ accounts was very very unlikely due to the restriction of monthly fees. Over the period of months, we’ve noticed more and more “alt accounts” with mostly level 20 warlocks and level 1 summoning alts which were being placed around Azeroth (both in strategic locations, and non strategic locations). The problem is that we’ve been finding more and more of these accounts and characters scattered around Azeroth to the point where players were skipping designed game mechanics due to the abuse of having the ability to have limitless accounts.

We have no way of limiting how many accounts a player can have. We have spent months investigating, researching and deliberating on the best course of action to try and nip the abuse of low level warlocks being placed in high level zones in order to skirt game mechanics. Some may not view this as a problem, and if it were only a handful of players doing this then likely would not have been a problem.

However, over months there has been a sharp increase in players doing this exact unintended behavior because of the ability to have numerous (and limitless) amount of accounts. This pandemic reached a point where the Kronos Team has unfortunately had to step in and make a change to the summoning mechanic.

Due to this significant amount of abuse, a select bunch of players have forced the teams hand to institute a level restriction with Warlock summoning during our morning restart this morning. What does this mean? this means that low level 20 warlocks are no longer able to summon high level characters. This was not an easy decision to make, but it reached a point where enough was enough.

We need to reaffirm that summoning in the game is still available and is still viable. The change we made we feel will prevent the majority of players who simply used this mechanic for abuse purposes. For those players who used the mechanic in a manner not meant to be abuse in conjunction with an unrealistic amount of accounts, we apologize if this causes any frustration.

We understand that this many not be a popular decision with some, and it will be with others. Keep in mind that some of us are also players here on the server, so this directly impact us and our guilds as well. We are all in the same boat. We are unhappy that this decision had to be made, but we have to put Kronos’ health and fairness above all else.

We hope you understand, whether you agree with the decision or not.

Last edited:
This is a disgrace.

This change is aimed directly at the people who spend a lot of time with their characters, and people who want to be the best at the game. The people who love this game, the people who spend a lot of time on this server, the people who invested in this server. These are the people who got stabbed in the back by this change.

According to Kronos devs there is such a thing as "trying too hard", and this horrible crime should be met with strict punishment, as we can see here.

"Keep in mind that we are also players here on the server, so this directly impact us and our guilds as well"

This is exactly the problem. What this sounds like is "I'm a GM and I'm too lazy to compete with others who are actively leveling alts. Therefore, I think it's unfair and I'll ban the ability to do so". I played vanilla since its release, and our GM and a few of the officers had multiple accounts with summoning alts strategically placed all around Azeroth. Did anybody cry about it? Sure. But Blizzard made it clear that it's ok.

If you actually want to have the serve "feel" the same as one back in the day, here's a few other things you should do as well:
1) Tamper with the Auction House to fix the server's cancerous economy.
2) Remove the ability to obtain Earthstrike and D2 items, and compensate the players who worked so hard to obtain them in other ways.
3) Ban users who have multiple accounts.
4) Increase raid difficulty to match what it would have been back in the day.

I'm curious, which game mechanics are we talking about?

Flight paths. Yes, really.

GNj6sD4.png

When pressed further he could not bring up any other examples of mechanics being avoided.

That's because there are no mechanics being broken. We had summoning alts in vanilla as well and it was totally acceptable.

Clickers are going to be banned, calling it right now.

My apologies if I just gave them an idea.

Hmm about what is this drama? On retail u had unlimited accounts to summ? No , u had to pay for it and everyone had 1 acc . So ? If u will tell me that this is not retail and just private server , oke i agree but then staff can do what they just did and have all rights for it . Stop crying.

This is a true disgrace indeed, there has been put alot of effort in these kind of warlocks, by people that want to get the max out of all their ability's at all times.

Very unprofessional to implement a rule as such almost a year after release, when theres countless ppl that have put alot of effort in making them.

Making me question if kronos isnt already a sinking ship, whats next?

I hope it's set so new players/levelers can summon to dungeons whether a tank or healer is higher level than the warlock, if not it's a huge misstake and will be big disgrace for the server, and the word will spread fast and will not be a positive thing.

Equal or lower level? Really? That's unacceptable, warlocks trying to do low level dungeons can't summon groupmates?
Where did we state this? This is not the case. As mentioned in the article, for most locks and scenarios summoning remains the same.
There are a couple of scenarios that are affected however, such as the aforementioned lvl 20 summoning high levels characters.

In the entire history of the server, only 1 horde guild has killed both Azuregos and Kazzak and has been able to do so multiple times.

Most horde guilds will not even bother with world bosses because they've seen the bullshit of having a dozen level 20 warlocks log in out of nowhere already in Azshara or Blasted Lands and instantly summon 40 people.

You cannot simultaneously decry warlock summoning for Silithyst sand "unblizzlike" while promoting world boss summoning. We ALL know its bullshit.

All of these changes have been welcome changes imo.

did u had 3 accs with lvl 20 locks on retail to summon urself? Gl saying that u did

I already mentioned in two comments that multiple of the higher-ups in my guild had that. Yes we were hardcore, got the majority of world boss kills because of it, world buffs before raids, etc. But blizz made it clear that's working as intended.

You put in the time and effort, you get rewarded for it. Look at it this way: the time I put in leveling the lock is time I save travelling.

You had summoing alts in vanilla?
Yes ofc but 3 people had to act together to make it work.

Did you have atleast 4 Accounts to port your main around by your own?
No you didnt atleast i dont believe anyone here has paid 50 euros a month just for that.

In the entire history of the server, only 1 horde guild has killed both Azuregos and Kazzak and has been able to do so multiple times.

Most horde guilds will not even bother with world bosses because they've seen the bullshit of having a dozen level 20 warlocks log in out of nowhere already in Azshara or Blasted Lands and instantly summon 40 people.

You cannot simultaneously decry warlock summoning for Silithyst sand "unblizzlike" while promoting world boss summoning. We ALL know its bullshit.

All of these changes have been welcome changes imo.

"I don't try as hard, and therefore don't get the same results."

Level 20 Warlocks are not alliance exclusive. If you want to get there faster level some of your own.

The obvious question is : what is the level difference required to make summoning impossible ?

And a possible suggestion might be : wouldn't be better to link the ability to summon to the difference between the warlock and the zone level (like, you can't summon if you're more than 20 lvl under the region's lowest mobs or something) ?

did u had 3 accs with lvl 20 locks on retail to summon urself? Gl saying that u did

How the fuck is this relevant? Kronos has no rule that having more than 1 account is forbidden, i could have 20 who gives a fuck. The fact is that this isnt how you solve problems. Like the nerf of the geysers, removing a big part of the honor gain doesnt solve anything. It stops people from farming sands but creates other problems. These shitty-work-arounds can hardly be called solutions to problems.

Remove the word blizzlike from any page its on.

I already mentioned in two comments that multiple of the higher-ups in my guild had that. Yes we were hardcore, got the majority of world boss kills because of it, world buffs before raids, etc. But blizz made it clear that's working as intended.

You put in the time and effort, you get rewarded for it. Look at it this way: the time I put in leveling the lock is time I save travelling.
Proof? I can say many things aswell . Only fact is that 99.99% of players had 1 acc . Hardcore 2016 vanilla players...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom