• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Warrior Warrior Rage bug?

juanmoore

So I was fighting this mob and noticed that I couldn't use overpower when it dodged my attack because I had no rage? This also happened when I was fighting a rogue in PvP and he dodged my attack and I'm usually spamming overpower whenever that happens but alas, no rage..

If I remember correctly you should get rage if an enemy dodges your attack (otherwise overpower would be useless). This is a pretty huge deal for warriors in both PvE and PvP.

there is this in 1.3 patch notes "Fixed a bug where rage was not being generated when normal melee attacks were parried, dodged, and blocked."

but i think it means attacks made against you

If you're a warrior and planning on doing some PvP (or PvE) you should upvote this issue ASAP

To Cpstabber:

To perceive the world with decided vision is ignorant of you, you do not know.

One is not supposed to decide the reality of a situation that might suit you or might make you feel better in the moment

One do not decide the reality first, and then react to your created imaginary reality, that is immensly ignorant and unwise behaviour, that is like blaming others for ones own fat/ugly skinnyness or other closely related things

One should see the situation first and see what is actually happening here, and then after that take action accordingly

Last edited:
Bump, rage gen is absolutely abysmal on this server for tanking dungeons. I've tried stacking hit and crit, different weapons, pulling more mobs to get beat on, etc. but nothing generates the proper amount of rage. It's almost more viable to tank as DW fury. Hopefully they fix this soon.

How can full T2 warriors tank 5mans then? One would think that they get significantly less rage the better their gear becomes.
The comfirmed issue will have little impact on your rage gain as tank.

Bump, rage gen is absolutely abysmal on this server for tanking dungeons.

That's not what my experience is. I have Anger Management and constantly run around with 30 to 40 rage between fights. Just don't spam abilities that cause threat when you would have aggro anyway.

I agree though that this bug is annoying as it happens that I don't have any rage for Overpower left.

I did feel rage regen was a bit low and thought it was my lack of hit gear. After getting some gear, using str pots, and in raid situations, I realize this is a HUGE issue.

After raiding ZG and MCs, I think I've been able to expend enough rage for enough heroic strikes to count on my two hands TOTAL.

If I do use a heroic strike, it is at the cost of missing a shield block on cooldown, leaving me open for a crush/crit.

This makes for a pain in the ass when your dps start pushing 550+DPS single target. And makes 1.3 delay weapons completely useless. Better to use a Stam/Def stat stick or a Vis'kag/Death Bringer until this is fixed.

When we raid ZG we routinely keep 1 trash pack before each boss alive for the tanks to gay wrestle for a minute or two to stock some rage. I honestly thought that's blizzlike.

I just mix in a lot of dps gear for 5 mans. Lionheart, av exalted ring, CC honored ring, ogre war beads neck. Depending on the 5man I even go full plate dps gear especially in brd with titanic and onslaught since you take so little dmg regardless.

The point is, this is not blizz like at all. Go look at any tanking video from 2005. Anything from UBRS +, there is no rage starvation. I feel like the incoming damage rage gains are tuned for Naxx type physical damage.

I let a ZG Champion beat on me for 15 seconds with my auto attack going, I only had 42 rage. That is enough for a shield slam, sunder and a shield block. That is ridiculous.

Only 10 votes to Fix! cmon people 30% of the server pop is warrior.

someone wanna post this on reddit for more visibilty?

I'm guessing this isn't getting much attention because things are still manageable. As I've run through dungeons I've found that everything hits a lot less harder than on Nostalrius or retail WoW and some stuff is just easier due to lack of proper scripting. As a result, if someone pulls aggro I'm generally in no hurry (depending on the situation) to taunt off of them because as it turns out, even clothies can tank quite a bit on this server. That and you always have the option to CC stuff if there are problems.

Yeah I've banked my 1.3 speed weapon since it can be used the way it should. Using Quel a very powerful pure-tank weapon. The up-time on it is pretty good, so using over Broodlord Defender.

You are losing 4% weapon damage, which will give you that extra rage per hit and some, rather than 40% of the time. Also the 4% more weapon damage will increase your base damage which means a slight increase in DPS = TPS.

could always take 2 points from imp taunt instead.

Also do you think the bug linked in my previous post will fix our issue or is there more to it?

There is more to it than that. The damage received ratios for rage gained seem off.

In 2005, a T1 geared war with 2/8 t2 and ZG tank items would be full rage on MC Giants.

You could spam HS on all of The bosses except Oxyia and Hakkar with a 1.5 speed weapon.

I used to tank in 2005 from patch 1.7 to 1.12.1, rage was never an issue. Find 1 elitist jerk/thottbot/tankbuddy post about "how to build rage as prot", you wouldn't because it was not a concern.

There is more to it than that. The damage received ratios for rage gained seem off.

In 2005, a T1 geared war with 2/8 t2 and ZG tank items would be full rage on MC Giants.

You could spam HS on all of The bosses except Oxyia and Hakkar with a 1.5 speed weapon.

I used to tank in 2005 from patch 1.7 to 1.12.1, rage was never an issue. Find 1 elitist jerk/thottbot/tankbuddy post about "how to build rage as prot", you wouldn't because it was not a concern.

Thankyou for this - as someone who didnt play retail/other pservers I have thought something was off since I started tanking on kronos.

I'm surprised more people haven't brought it up.

Top Bottom