• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Warrior Warrior Rage bug?

Thankyou for this - as someone who didnt play retail/other pservers I have thought something was off since I started tanking on kronos.

I'm surprised more people haven't brought it up.

That's because it's virtually impossible to find evidence for such claims so it's futile to bring it up.
I remember getting my shit pushed in by molten destroyers, so hard that I figured out shield block stops crushing blows, while sitting on 100 rage, but none of that matters. It's not like the kronos devs can look into my head to check whether my memories are fabricated or legit.

That's because it's virtually impossible to find evidence for such claims so it's futile to bring it up.
I remember getting my shit pushed in by molten destroyers, so hard that I figured out shield block stops crushing blows, while sitting on 100 rage, but none of that matters. It's not like the kronos devs can look into my head to check whether my memories are fabricated or legit.

I understand that anecdotal recounts are not evidence. I was merely thanking Cpstabber for his insight as someone who played retail.

It sucks that there is not evidence around as there is clearly a problem with rage gain

rage generation from getting hit feels low indeed. i can't tell if thats vanilla or not.

what i know is that on nos/feenix tanks had 100 rage all day long. therefore you used alcorz sunrazor to dump the rage into heroicstrikes. since rage is lower here, you use other things.

it feels a little weird to have that little rage at first but once you adopt to it via gear/spec and playstyle its funnier then what i know from nos/feenix. it adds that extra challange compared to full-rage-alcorz-heroic spam where literally nobody can overaggro you at all.

I'm new to this server, but leveled on Rebirth and also played extensively on retail since beta. All I have is anecdotal evidence as well, but it feels absolutely like when mobs dodge/parry I am not receiving rage returns, and rage gains overall seem very very slow.

on feenix you got rage from incoming dodges and parries. in addition the incoming rage to damage ratio was wrong.

if you watch some vanilla tank pov videos youll see incoming rage is correct here. what's missing is the rage from outgoing parries and dodge (which will probably make a liarger difference than many realise, because outgoing damage yields rage at ~30 per 1 rage, whilst incoming damage requires ~90 dmg for 1r)

Rage generation from physical damage taken is completely broken on this server. On any boss that does primarily physical damage will leave you starved for rage. This makes fast weapons such as alcors and eshkandars completely worthless. I tank with death bringer on this server because it is best rage generating weapon I have.

Outgoing parry/dodges not generating rage is a confirmed bug, however people keep comparing it to penix.

Penix had 3x armor values on bosses, and increased damage values(maybe 2x?) as well. So they had to tamper with rage generation in both incoming and outgoing damage in order to make warrior dps balanced.

https://youtu.be/Qm6tsnot_1c?t=33s

Vanilla video from a french server. As you can see the damage of melee twin is about 1-1.3k, while the uppercut(knockback) hits for about 1.6k on a full t2 tank. I can confirm this is about the same damage here on Kronos. (I got punted by 3.4 uppercut with dps gear and zerker stance)

The second I post, is the only moment you can see the rage gain from damage intake, because he will be ragecapped the rest of the fight since he doesnt use heroic strike ;))

He takes 1.1k normal attack and 1.6k uppercut, this results in 30~ rage being generated. And this is actually a lucky moment, you wont be this lucky with rage generation if you have full tank gear on. 30 rage is basically a shield slam + revenge or sunder.

When your entire raid is dagger rogues with hemo/sub specs, or when your dps warriors are using full tier 2, %99 of dps are night elves or gnomes because its cool, ofc you wont feel the need to build threat efficiently. Who uses heroic strike anyway, it makes perfect sense to use shield block vs. caster twin and be amazing hardcore vanilla retail raider that made amazing achievements and cleared naxx!

Conclusion : Our knowledge about the metagame is so above those old players that everything they do looks wrong or just doesnt make any sense. It's unfair to compare our gameplay to them, so stop talking "retail blizzlike this retail blizzlike that" and pulling anecdotal evidence right out of your asses. Kronos rage gain is blizzlike in damage taken.

Last edited:
Can we get an OFFICIAL answer on this? It is SERIOUS concern that makes and breaks the class. It should be top priority!

What is there to answer. We know how incoming damage=rage should work. Go test it again if you want to be sure. If something is wrong > make bug report. Then of course the other thing to do is bump/vote for fix on the outgoing parry/dodge rage.

something i noticed dont know if im mistaken or what thou. when i started, i noticed i read that 10 rage is generated per hit. this is just somethin i want to add cuase i thought it was weird. ok when i used a normal 2sec strike time sword, 10rage per hit was pretty much what i got. then i switched to a 3+sec 2h. and each hit, was slower but i was generating more rage, it seemed per hit. then i switched to a quick dagger, this wsa starting off. and it seemed, every hit didnt give me 10 rage. confuses me and im trying to figure it out anyway.

Top Bottom