• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Rogue Weapon swapping macro

BliepBliep

Authorized
Hey guys, so I have been looking for some kind of combination macro for Vanilla.

For example (I'm in stealth) I have my mainhand sword equipped and want to use ambush. Therefore I would need to swap my mainhand sword to a dagger in my inventory. Then use lets say "Ambush" and after that it would need to swap back to my old mainhand sword.

Is this possible within 1 press of a button with a script along with the addon "SuperMacro"? If not, thanks for taking the time to read it :)

// BliepBliep

/script PickupContainerItem (0, 2)
/script PickupInventoryItem (13)

Thats my trinket macro, it switches the trinket in slot 13 with the trinket in my second bag slot. There is also an addon for weaponswitch

I would not recommend using itemslot macors as it forces you to put items in the right slot in your bag which sucks monkey balls.
If you got interface slots free, which you are rogue most certainly have, you can just pull weapong into the slot and run simple scripts like

/run UseAction(xy) to equip the weapon

Thanks for the quick feedback. I have found both of your scripts in some research I've done the other day. That's probably not the issue and I would use yours Lharts most likely. But I was wondering if it's possible to make a script for specificly only ambush which swaps your weapons back and forth and uses Ambush in the middle.

I guess I'm trying something I can not achieve... It's not a major issue, just something luxurious I suppose whenever I would like to pop an ambush whilst farming.

// BliepBliep

remember switching weapons causes global cooldown although for rogues it is only half the global that warriors would get from the swap. So i don't think you can swap your weapon first & use the ability in the same macro but will need to do it separately due to the gcd. however if the idea is to swap after the attack during the gcd of ambush it would be possible in the same macro.

A macro like this for ambush is certainly possible as you can check if you can perform ambush or not.

Just pseudo code as I have not tested this. Maybe you have to push this twice to swap back to the regular weapon.

/run if(IsStealthed()) then UseAction([slotnumber where dagger is]);
/cast Ambush
/run UseAction([slotnumber where regular weapong is]);

I did the same thing while playing rogue only was I having a dagger in offhand and just used a macro that swapped main and offhand arround.

Thanks for the quick feedback. I have found both of your scripts in some research I've done the other day. That's probably not the issue and I would use yours Lharts most likely. But I was wondering if it's possible to make a script for specificly only ambush which swaps your weapons back and forth and uses Ambush in the middle.

I guess I'm trying something I can not achieve... It's not a major issue, just something luxurious I suppose whenever I would like to pop an ambush whilst farming.

// BliepBliep

Try with ItemRack, it's an addon that lets you switch from one gear set to another. It also allows you to equip a certain set when an event occurs like changing stance for warriors (you can also add custom events).

If you want to manually equip a set, you can either bind a key or use this macro:

Code:
/script EquipSet("setname")

/run PickupInventoryItem(16); if CursorHasItem() then PickupInventoryItem(17) end;
This macro switches your main and offhand back and forth.

Download this addon https://github.com/ericraio/vanilla-wow-addons/tree/master/w/WeaponQuickSwap
and use these macros (obviously change out your weapon names to fit your setup) This will allow you to equip a dagger in your MH to perform an ambush then once you hit the Hemo/SS bind it will return your weapons to the default/desired location.

ambush one =
/script WeaponSwap("Perdition's Blade", "Vis'kag the Bloodletter");
/cast Ambush(Rank 6)

Hemo one = (this also engages your autoattack so make sure you have it in slot 12 on actionbar)
/script WeaponSwap("Vis'kag the Bloodletter", "Perdition's Blade");
/cast Hemorrhage(Rank 3)
/script if not IsCurrentAction(12) then UseAction(12) end;

enjoy!

Last edited:
Hey guys, I googled some weapon switch macros before coming to this thread and most of them used the command /equipslot X (name of weapon) to make the switches.
Couldn't confirm since when those macros worked but I suppose they don't work in our server, correct?

Hey guys, I googled some weapon switch macros before coming to this thread and most of them used the command /equipslot X (name of weapon) to make the switches.
Couldn't confirm since when those macros worked but I suppose they don't work in our server, correct?

Correct, equipslot slash command was introduced in tbc (2.0.1 patch)

Top Bottom