• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

What about the "after" Kronos?

As already mentioned there will be a transfer to a TBC server. What ever till I finished the whole vanilla content, i'll be way too old for wow. Maybe I should start a reallife with my girlfriend (what girlfriend :D ?)

After kronos? thats like 2-3 years from now, i will quit all and ''become'' ascetic wanderer.

After Kronos? Well, after Kronos "I'm gonna be the very BEST"...
If seriously, then what comes in my mind, is the idea to transfer all players who would like to play The Burning Crusade(TBC) to TBC realm, and all the people that would like to stay in Kronos either fresh start or continue. It would bring interest in a new pool of players if it would restart again.

I would like to ask: what the future after you have cleaned all the contents of version 1.12.1? On Nostalrius they are also prepared for this possibility: they have put in a program server 2.4.3 which will be released after giving the opportunity to all players to finish all the contents of version 1.12.1, and in which you can copy all characters of Vanilla server and continue playing TBC. Are you planning a similar thing here on Kronos, or you have other intentions for the future?

I am really hoping for a Vanilla Character Copy Function! =)

I have no interest in playing TBC WoW, ever. Vanilla is my favorite and the only version want to play.

After I "beat" Vanilla? Well, that's 2+ years of gaming. At that point I'll probably get burnt out and take a break from gaming entirely... then return once I get the itch for WoW again.

Vanilla was 2004 to 2007. You guys have been playing this game 7-10 years now and you really think 2 more are gonna make you quit?
Comedy gold right here.

Vanilla was 2004 to 2007. You guys have been playing this game 7-10 years now and you really think 2 more are gonna make you quit?
Comedy gold right here.

I've been more or less playing with the same group of people off and on for 3+ years at this point. Most of us are in our mid twenties and some are breaking into their 30s. Starting/raising a family takes priority over wow, and I'd be lying if I said I didn't know a few players that just stopped playing because they agree with that idea.

I've been more or less playing with the same group of people off and on for 3+ years at this point. Most of us are in our mid twenties and some are breaking into their 30s. Starting/raising a family takes priority over wow, and I'd be lying if I said I didn't know a few players that just stopped playing because they agree with that idea.

new people discover the vanilla scene to this day, so it's not like we're dying off. people will still probably be playing this 10 years from now unless someone somehow creates a better experience. probably not gonna happen.

I would love to see a continuation of the server when most people are finished.
Applying TBC would make me compelled to stay beyond Vanilla.
I never got to raid in Vanilla and barely made it through Karazhan in TBC.
So to be able to play both of these from the beginning would be really really big for me.

Time will tell.

hehe Tobbe628, your signature. It's funny cuz Worgen are my fav race. If I could change/add one thing to Vanilla, it'd be to include all the new races.

I would love to see a continuation of the server when most people are finished.
Applying TBC would make me compelled to stay beyond Vanilla.
I never got to raid in Vanilla and barely made it through Karazhan in TBC.
So to be able to play both of these from the beginning would be really really big for me...

Agree. I'm a player, who reached lvl 70 2 weeks before Wotlk. : /

Comedy gold right here.

I played from 2005 to 2007. After 7 years I tried Mists of Pandaria, but not my cup of tea. After I aquired Dungeon Set 2 with my Paladin I quit, because I was not into raiding and after all the hassle aquiring Soulforge Armor I disliked that it became worthless with the release of TBC. As before I set myself the goal to get Dungeons Set 2, but this time with a Druid (I think, could be Paladin again though). After that perhaps I will PVP with it (I think those sets are really good, especially the ones for hybrid classes) and then I will start to get bored again. If you are not into raiding or excessive PVP DS2 is about the best stuff you can get for your toon.
I think especially in a game like this it's important to have goals. I mean you can't play a game forever :)

Last edited:
I think especially in a game like this it's important to have goals. I mean you can't play a game forever :)

Once I reach max level I'll probably stop after getting a couple chunks of valor. Unless I find something in the game that twelve year old me didn't get. In the original retail vanilla I never got past level 21 but hell that level 21 Undead was the greatest achievement of my life. Fuck pokemon.

I've played many vanilla private servers and I've experienced what the game is at 60, slightly. A new server however is a new server, have to give it a shot!

I hope that releasing progression will take more than 1 year (time between MC and Naxx released)

It might, but still my assumings (theoretically speaking):

1. month: Kronos release and MC is cleared, 2. month BWL released (Release shortly after Ragnaros demise)
and cleared.​
3. month
ZG released ( Release shortly after BWL)​
and cleared in few days. 4. month: AQ war effort starts (lets assume it will take 6 months). 10. month AQ released. 12. month Naxx.

This is what I ment in my previus post. That I'm affraid everything will go to fast.

I'ts obivus that not all the guilds will clear content so fast, but few defenetly will, and as I understand, it's up to them how fast the content progressing will be released.

I hope I'm wrong with my theory

Last edited:
i think we will prepare are more detailed description of how we plan to progress with the content releases some time soon.
what i can share so far is that we certainly won't make you wait over a year or something for each new Tier, like you are probably used to from other places.
On the other side, as you mentioned, we cannot release more content too early and make the total progression reach its end after one short year.

We will keep an eye on the server population and the pace of progression and find the right time to release the next part of content.

2 things are important:
1. - we can't wait too long, because the next tier of content should not get imbalanced right at the start, because guilds go in there totally overgeared.
2. - we can't release more content instantly, or too shortly after the previous tier of content has been cleared, because then we would reach the end of the road too quickly.

I'm sure we will find a pleasing pace of content releases that makes everyone happy.
On retail Naxxramas got released 19 months after the US launch, i think something similar to that would be desireable. wouldn't it ?

I'm sure we will find a pleasing pace of content releases that makes everyone happy.
On retail Naxxramas got released 19 months after the US launch, i think something similar to that would be desireable. wouldn't it ?

19+ months sounds good if you ask me, or like you said depends on the population and pace of progression.

Thanks for answering

I wouldn't mind going slower than this.
But as long as you don't go considerably faster than that it should be fine.

I wouldn't mind going slower than this.
But as long as you don't go considerably faster than that it should be fine.
Yeah, this. Thanks for asking! =]

Last edited:
Top Bottom