• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Information What Experience Rates You Prefer?

Experience Rates

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as they have the proper group experience coefficient then dungeons will still be very appealing while leveling.

I know there are other vanilla servers out right now that don't have the bonus group experience, so doing dungeons is like grinding normal mobs in a group of 5, heartbreaking.

As long as they have the proper group experience coefficient then dungeons will still be very appealing while leveling.

I know there are other vanilla servers out right now that don't have the bonus group experience, so doing dungeons is like grinding normal mobs in a group of 5, heartbreaking.

Now that would be a nice feature, pushing people to group up/socialize. However, it should just stay as it is. Server staff (and majority on these forums) wants blizzlike, let it be blizzlike then :)

Now that would be a nice feature, pushing people to group up/socialize. However, it should just stay as it is. Server staff (and majority on these forums) wants blizzlike, let it be blizzlike then :)

It is blizzlike. You should earn bonus experience in dungeons when you're in a group. That should at least offset the amount you lose for being grouped. You should be getting at least as much experience from each mob in a dungeon as you would if you were grinding solo.

Most servers don't script this correctly, and you end up getting a fraction of the experience (what you should get if you were grouped as 5 and just farming normal mobs).

this is actually a good point. All of the private servers ive been on, especially feenix, you get like 50 exp from an elite mob kill in a 5 person group when you should get 3-4x that.

Should you? Who really remembers the original rates? As i played on Feenix everything seemed much slower than back in classic, so dont think you know the deal if you really dont.

1x for the closest Vanilla experience is the best choice at the beginning. Eventually they could consider changing this if it is penalizing KRONOS but why would they start with higher rates since we don't know if the Blizz-like ones will be good or not.

Risk is too huge and purists too numerous so we just can't override the will of the majority rather interested in 1x.

Almost every server is blizz-like, but it depends on how far they've went to re-create it.

Feenix advertises as blizz-like, and while they are so far from it, people gobble it up anyway. It's all an illusion.

...and calling it oh so non-blizzlike wont get you your 2x-3x rates.

That's besides the point. number one, if it's 1x rate I'll play it, simply because of superior quality, despite my general lack of free time.

There's already 10g respecs, possible low level innkeeper BG queues, fact is with so many other minor/medium tweaks to the game, it's not going to be blizz-like any more than feenix is.

Lose the elitist 1x attitude, the point I made earlier in this thread is that it's not a matter of laziness so much as not as much downtime to sink into the leveling aspect of the game, most play for the end game content.

I don't understand why people think it's going to be some kind of a copy paste, when it simply isn't.

There's already 10g respecs, possible low level innkeeper BG queues, fact is with so many other minor/medium tweaks to the game, it's not going to be blizz-like any more than feenix is.

Dafaq? It is just a speculation man :D from players side... No official comment for it. They just mention it in official post and want to see response from player base that is all... U need to read properly.

Dafaq? It is just a speculation man :D from players side... No official comment for it. They just mention it in official post and want to see response from player base that is all... U need to read properly.

possible low level innkeeper BG queues

Nou read better!

I suppose I could dig a little deeper and whip out a few more examples, but many of you I feel have read every post in this place due to the now decaying hype.

...decaying hype.
I've been watching over the forums for a bit now and, from what I can tell, is that the activity has risen, compared to late november-december when finally got a response from the Devs. Might be because of the constant new people joining in. And, by the way, we've been rising in Facebook "likes" lately too! Our page is getting closer and closer to overtake Nostalrius's page! :smile:

How the hell does Nostalrius have more facebook fans?

That's one of their primary focuses. They preach that to people who visit their website. Kronos has a link to it, but they don't make as much mention of it.

10g respecs is really not that big of a change. People need to understand that a 10 year old game has certain flaws that need to be adjust to accomodate the lower population compared to retail and the different economy.
Another change I support is BG queueing at innkeepers for people between lvl 10-59, because else lowlvl battlegrounds will be very rare. But nothing has been confirmed about this. But staff already confirmed that either way the queueing mechanic will not be changed for lvl 60 players.

If this puts you off you are just a purist bastard that needs to learn the difference between blizzlike and blizzcopy. You need to open your eyes and think about what is best for the success of the server. The server being x1 is enough to set a large amount of players off, don't get me wrong I support it myself. Leveling and exploring is a big part of vanilla, as it should be. But 90% of characters will quit before they reach level 60, maybe if they would be able to do some battlegrounds they wouldn't get bored so quickly. It might increase faction rivalry increasing world pvp and crossroads/tarren mill raids. Many people want to play vanilla again for it's world pvp because it is simply dead in retail with flying mounts and dungeon finder. As most players here I just want a x1 rate server without gear from vote points or donations with good scripts AND a good population. Take a look at scriptcraft, which was instant 48, which peaked at 2.6k players! We need to provide an experience to people that they stop getting the feeling that they have to get to level cap asap but rather enjoy the ride, that's what they miss about vanilla.

But yea if you really are a born purist nos and vengeance will happily welcome you on their 100 pop server.

Anyway, sorry for the rant. You can join the BG queue discussion here.

How the hell does Nostalrius have more facebook fans?

I posted this before, but as these numbers seems to deceive a lot of people I'm gonna crunch the social media numbers again:

reddit:
- nostalrius reddit (34 readers) vs kronos (275 readers)

youtube
- nostalrius youtube channel is 4 years and 5 months old generating a total of 69k video views with 61 videos.
- kronos youtube channel is only 10 months old and also generating 70k views but with only 14 videos.
So if kronos would also have 4 times more videos and be 4 times older at the same view ratio they would have 16 times more total views (resulting in a million views!!)

Facebook:
- kronos 948 likes (since July 2014)
- nostalrius 963 likes (since march 2010)
So Nos gathered 15 more likes in 3 extra years, not that impressive I would say. Also a large part of those likes might be from people that don't even play wow anymore while pretty much all likes for the Kronos page are from people anticipating the release.

Nos also likes to boast about how many people suscribed to the newsletter, but you can easily enter more than 2 e-mailadresses on different IPs entered a lot myself actually. Who doesn't enter 2 e-mails right away? Hardly 40% those subs are unique if you ask me.

So we can safely say the hype for Kronos is a lot bigger, and in terms of quality there is little proof of which is best (besides my bias from what I read on the forums here and the issues Nos had with PVP mechanics alone), but Kronos is likely to boast a bigger population and has better equipment and an armory, a database, a boss kill tracker and listens more to the community from what I've seen on Nos.

Anyhow bash mode off, people will choose the server they think suits them best. It's a bit unavoidable that the competition might get bitter.

Last edited:
I do have to eat my words, I was judging hype from forum activity.
I did recently read that post, nice to hear from them, exasperated as they are about our impatience regarding a release date.

More and more feenix players are learning of kronos daily. they're overall dissatisfied with the lack of output from feenix devs, might just be more players will be willing to stomach the 1x.

Gotta have that warcrack server working just right to satiate us fiends.

possible low level innkeeper BG queues

Nou read better!

I suppose I could dig a little deeper and whip out a few more examples, but many of you I feel have read every post in this place due to the now decaying hype.

possible but not decided yet! So they just talk about it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom