• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Information What Experience Rates You Prefer?

Experience Rates

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The one time I've attempted to do 100% quests, I ended up grinding too. There's just not enough experience to go from 1-60 solely through quests.

You must have done something wrong. I have leveled on Emerald dream and The Rebirth from 1-60 with 3 chars 0 grinding (Also 1 level 40-something on Valkyrie). I have swapped continents and did green/yellow quests, never doing orange quests (unless dungeon ones). Many people skip the earlier zones and get in to trouble later on. When i was 60 i still had quests left in Silithus and many in EPL. Also i did every dungeon once, besides Uldaman which required me to go back, but only went there twice as well. I just look online which dungeon quests there are, do their prequests (if needed) and make sure i have them all when entering the dungeon. Myeah, i might be doing some militairy discipline questing, but that's just how i enjoy doing it, getting the most content done ( I kinda had to as well, seeing i leveled enchanting/tailoring at the same time, which makes me absolutely broke, can't sell questrewards or cloth, the green quest rewards from all these quests add up well). When i have uncompleted content i feel annoyed, and it has to be done at some point anyway :p

Why not have the default leveling rate be 1x while some people can choose 2x or 3x rates? This can be done by a command that users can enter if they want to level a little faster. The gold amount can also be 1x as the default or 2x/3x if a user wishes. The leveling will be slightly faster for some but not so fast that it breaks the whole vanilla experience. Players can enjoy a completely blizzlike experience too if they want to stick with the default 1x experience.

Why not have the default leveling rate be 1x while some people can choose 2x or 3x rates? This can be done by a command that users can enter if they want to level a little faster. The gold amount can also be 1x as the default or 2x/3x if a user wishes. The leveling will be slightly faster for some but not so fast that it breaks the whole vanilla experience. Players can enjoy a completely blizzlike experience too if they want to stick with the default 1x experience.

Totally skews the competitive nature of WoW. All hardcore players will be required by either themself or their guild to level/earn with the highest rates.

jason3609, please read through this topic pages first. It has got enough discussions and debates about it already.

jason3609, please read through this topic pages first. It has got enough discussions and debates about it already.

If the topic is still open then new people are going to come and voice their opinions. If that means they are agreeing with previous posts then so be it.

Why should you be allowed to tell people that they shouldn't have their own opinion if someone else has already had it?

Yes, it leads to a lot of redundant posts, but if this topic is actually going to be looked at by the developers then they'll have to wade through a lot more shitty posts then jason3609's. Ideally everyone would vote, and those who have ideas for how they think it would work best would post too, even if similar ideas have already shown up. That shows interest and it continues to stir the debate.

Why are people acting as if this is up for question? The info tab on main page clearly reads "xp/gold/drop rates: x1". Chero clearly stated he's just asking out of curiosity.

Why are people acting as if this is up for question? The info tab on main page clearly reads "xp/gold/drop rates: x1". Chero clearly stated he's just asking out of curiosity.
well if he did this out of curiousity he is going to want to hear arguments for the other side as well, don't be daft.

well if he did this out of curiousity he is going to want to hear arguments for the other side as well, don't be daft.

That's not what I'm saying. Bringing arguments is fine, I just don't want people to fool themselves that this isn't a done deal.

That's not what I'm saying. Bringing arguments is fine, I just don't want people to fool themselves that this isn't a done deal.

Based on the votes you are probably right.

If the vote was even slightly close then the discussion would be more important. With the way it is I doubt any of this matters. Chero even said in his first comment that he was just getting a sense of what people wanted and how he didn't want any discussion.

Based on the votes you are probably right.

If the vote was even slightly close then the discussion would be more important. With the way it is I doubt any of this matters. Chero even said in his first comment that he was just getting a sense of what people wanted and how he didn't want any discussion.

Reverse psychology? lol

Yeah 1x rate is livable I guess, since they'll be fixing many low level quests. at the same time I don't see how 2x/3x would be so game breaking, it's still quite the grind. + bringing in more (yes, casual) peeps to the server.

But for some reason, maybe because previous kronos had 1-7 xp rate, and Chero's 'curiosity' I feel like it ISN'T a done decision until it's been officially stated. Which I have yet to see besides the on main page.

Kronos is still a work in progress and thus subject to change, and hell 21 pages of debate, I think this is the longest thread on the whole forum lol

I like 1x personally. I wouldn't mind maybe one or two double XP weekends per month though.

Yeah 1x rate is livable I guess, since they'll be fixing many low level quests. at the same time I don't see how 2x/3x would be so game breaking, it's still quite the grind. + bringing in more (yes, casual) peeps to the server.

But for some reason, maybe because previous kronos had 1-7 xp rate, and Chero's 'curiosity' I feel like it ISN'T a done decision until it's been officially stated. Which I have yet to see besides the on main page.

I don't see why so many people are eagerly awaiting the server release, with what seems like excellent content through and through, only to be rushing through it asap to experince the endgame. Notice how the word endgame hints at how this isn't supposed to be something you'll experience from the get-go.

While I agree that the intentions of this thread are a little vague I don't think you'll get much more official than a main page statement.

Yeah I was coming from a population / end game preference standpoint, as well as the fact that lots of people nowadays don't have as much time to sink into the leveling process, let alone the game itself.

It gets boring when you've killed the same mob x amounts of times for y amounts of z, lots would rather go hop on a console or get something productive done in that amount of time.

Shaving off a bit of the grind to lure more people in wouldn't be a bad thing (neither would having more level 60's running around on the server, LFG / AH etc), and considering all the bug fixes, I'm quite sure that 1x fanatics would play kronos even if it was a higher rate, the masochists would select 1x, and everyone would be happy(Read: complaining about something else)

Yeah leveling is an aspect of the game, one could argue a greater aspect than level 60 gameplay, but I would rather play at the vanilla level cap, that's where I get my jollies.

This is all a moot point anyway, voicing merely to put it out there give different insight.

You do realize that those people who can't take 1x leveling are the same people who leave progress raids after the 3rd wipe because they don't get anything out of it, right? Those, who "accidentally lose connection" whenever they actually have to perform to get loot. With 1x rates 1-60 takes 1,5 weeks with moderate playtime. If some think that's too long and they don't have time for that, how will they have time to help the guild gear up every member? That takes a lot longer than 1-60. Or simply getting pre-raid gear. That's also more than 1,5 weeks. Or pretty much anything. Vanilla is a time consuming bitch, where simply if you can't tolerate the slow pace of the game it might not be the game for you. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying people with needs for quicker leveling should leave, it's just that the whole game is more of a work than a game and lot of people don't like that. But if you get used to that and hold on until you achieve something great, it feels a lot better than doing it a quicker/easier way (obviously). For the rest there are those 5 expansions:p

Alright let me put it this way: 10days played is not considered powerleveling. If you were really into leveling you could reach 60 in 4 days, but those who wanna play as it was WoTLK would probably do it in 15+days. Yes moderate might have been a bit of exaggeration by your interpretation, but I meant total playtime:D
What I was trying to say is that the amount of time a player has to invest to reach lvl60 is relatively a lot less than any other aspect of the game demands later on.

Last edited:
Besides BGs, right? Right. The more the merrier.

Its not terribly hard to schedule around raids either if the times are set in stone.

No, its to take in as many people as you can into the server, if they make a bad name for themselves then they won't get invites anymore anyway.

Should I quote how I said it was all a moot point? Would that help?

Edit - 420 votes for 1x, hahahah

Last edited:
I'm for 1-7x because I am happy with 5x. Yes I understand it's not the true vanilla experience, but turnover does happen, guilds lose classes and overpopulate others, let the transition be a little smoother with a more forgiving xp rate.

I say 1x. Original blizzlike feels+with the awesome coding you guys have done. So its going to work out great. If you level your character with 1x it kinda makes that character feel like its something special. Because you have been with that character so long.

1x today, 1x tomorrow, 1x forever!

There's nothing that frustrates me on private servers (original also) more than spending 30 minutes travelling to an area that I'll spend 10 mins to reach the level cap of that area because the rate is too high.

The same goes to the AH itens costing 198401 golds because everyone has too much gold. Gold rate 1x too, everything 1x :D

Well, talking about gold, I remember the +200000 gold bug from the old private servers, if we got a similar value, we couldn't spend it on NPCs, did you fixed it?

Last edited:

There's nothing that frustrates me on private servers (original also) more than spending 30 minutes travelling to an area that I'll spend 10 mins to reach the level cap of that area because the rate is too high.

The same goes to the AH itens costing 198401 golds because everyone has too much gold because. Gold rate 1x too, everything 1x :D

:thumbup1::thumbup1:

I was reading some suggestions of this thread and... Please, don't lower the CD of any skill or the CD/price of any item, it'd totally destroy one of the attracting vanilla aspects for hardcore players, these very casuals players asking for a downgrade on the server difficulty because they'd get frustrated for having to wait 1~2 hours to use the hearthstone again instead of every 15 minutes and bla bla bla are the same type of players who destroyed the oficial and actual world of warcraft game.

Last edited:

The same goes to the AH itens costing 198401 golds because everyone has too much gold. Gold rate 1x too, everything 1x :D

Well, talking about gold, I remember the +200000 gold bug from the old private servers, if we got a similar value, we couldn't spend it on NPCs, did you fixed it?

Actually especially gold needs to stay 1x, however, allowing for optional experience rates might be a good idea, since twinking becomes less of a chore.

I really hope they won't spoil anything else, they call it blizzlike so for all that's good - stay that way.

I was reading some suggestions of this thread and... Please, don't lower the CD of any skill or the CD/price of any item, it'd totally destroy one of the attracting vanilla aspects for hardcore players, these very casuals players asking for a downgrade on the server difficulty because they'd get frustrated for having to wait 1~2 hours to use the hearthstone again instead of every 15 minutes and bla bla bla are the same type of players who destroyed the oficial and actual world of warcraft game.
Not going to happen, don't worry. That's just a flame thread, don't perceive the suggestions here seriously. Admins are extremely careful about "improvements", especially such a... ambiguous ones :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom