• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Information What Experience Rates You Prefer?

Experience Rates

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Changing my Answer from 1x to somewhere between 2-5x instead.
For me, the ability to actually choose is what i want.

Voted 1-2x with the idea of 1x being the standard and prevailing xp rate but with a chance for more access to 2x rates aside the formal rested xp like for example special weekends or events or similar things.

I would like to remind my fellow WoW players there is no "sane" way to level in vanilla without rested xp... that is 2x rates if my memory doesnt fail. However I definitely vote against anything beyond 2x that would definitely be gamebreaking, there is the limit in my humble opinion no blizzlike server should ever cross no matter what.

1x . just because if you allowed 2x or more everyone would use them. If i used 1x instead of 2x etc then i would lose a lot of time. In this case people who would have liked to lvl 1x will be forced to use the none blizzlike rates to catch up with everyone else

1x bcs only then there are no problems with economy, also you don't have to worry bout professions and skills, as you gain those and you won't even know how ^^

Just a heads up to the newcomers, this was a debate strictly on experience rates, not gear or gold (etc) drop rates.

Moreover it is just a thread to continue discussion/express you opinion. All-in-all the decision has been made for this to be a x1 exp rate server, and it is unlikely to ever change.

Voted for 1-2x and 1-3x.

Reason - past experiences from various servers. There are multiple decent servers out there atm (vanilla-wotlk) that remain on a constant 100-200 head count because of the lack of options for brand-new players. Don't make the same mistake, no amount of hype will fix that.

Wow. Just read through all 23 pages of this debate, and great arguments on both sides.

I voted for 1x because I'm trying to recapture the magic of how it was a decade ago, and a lot of things that made the game frustrating for some players also made it great, such as being forced to go to every zone to quest-up to 60. In essence, I miss feeling like the journey to 60 was hard-won. It's the same challenge and reward of finding a group to run an instance, or completing a quest surrounded by enemy heroes, or traveling by foot across half a continent in order to get to a zone you enjoy. Yes, there is a lot of functionality that can make the game less boring, or make the game more accessible, but all it really does it make it less like the WoW it once was, which it seems a lot of people miss.

At the same time I can absolutely see the draw for 2x. I came in as a 1x purist, but am now thinking that 2x, or at least 2x in instances would not be so bad. If the experience boost in instances incentivizes people to run 5-man instances more, then I'm all for that, as long as it is proportional to questing. The most convincing argument for me was that 2x may draw more people, and a populated server is always a better server. It seems like a really tough call, and there are definitely benefits on both sides. Everyone wants something different out of this server, and trying to make everyone happy is impossible. Whatever the devs choose, as long as the game (1) requires and promotes social interaction through people leveling and fighting in the same areas, and searching for groups to instances (2) requires people to explore multiple zones and really engage in the world to level up, (3) allows people who want to play competitively to do so on an even ground, (4) isn't an empty ghost town, I'll be happy. :)

Reading your post made me realize that this type of game would never survive as well as it has if Vanilla were released right now. I'm not talking about the bad graphics, or anything like that, I'm talking about the amount of work that was required to have a good character. These days all the games that are released are "Hey our game is pretty easy, you can consume all our content quickly and be done!" Basically you're paying 60 bucks for a game you can probably finish in a few days. There's no depth or character to the worlds that are in the new video games. I don't think anyone would disagree that there does not exist a game any longer that has a prolonged effect on the playerbase as a whole even after they're done playing it where they will think about it months later and think about some of the memories they made with the people they played with. It really is a testament of how good of a game Blizzard made all those years ago.

I'm not saying something like a 2x rate would be that bad either, but anything higher than that and I wouldn't play on this server. I may be in a minority, but I want to suffer so that when I accomplish my goals in the game, it'll mean that much more. It really does make me sad that gaming has gone from games like this to games like Call of Duty and Assassin's Creed. Gamers are getting shit on left and right and don't even recognize it...they'll just keep the mill turning to buy that next AAA title.

You hit it spot on man. This is exactly how I feel. The fact that all the challenges were harder and more drawn out made actually succeeding feel like a real accomplishment, and made the group you did it with feel like war buddies. Ditto on the 2x, anything more would make me pass on the game.

hahahahaha if the experience rate is different than 1x FOR SURE I WILL CHANGE THE PROJECT WITH NOSTAL...

- - - Updated - - -

or any other rates different than 1x will kill the joy of getting a rare item or love ur character while levelin for 1-2 days with fun rates.. that just ridicilious

Its rediculous to chose a server only based on ep rates. What good are 1x rates if the rest doesn't work as it should?

Its rediculous to chose a server only based on ep rates. What good are 1x rates if the rest doesn't work as it should?

There are plently of servers to play on. a high population, x1 rates, insta-60 are filters we put in place to mold the type of experience we want to experience.

I'll twist it around for you. Whats the point on playing on a 5x or insta-60 server if everything works like is should in retail...why skip and level past all the content that works perfectly.

We say we want a server with x1 rates because thats the journey we want to take. We only know if the server is shit or not, or not to our standards until we actually play the server.

We only know if the server is shit or not, or not to our standards until we actually play the server.
if the experience rate is different than 1x FOR SURE I WILL CHANGE THE PROJECT
Doesn't sound like he would try any other server then 1x even if they are clearly superior in quality. And thats rediculous in my opinion.

Aight, so for the last 6 months we've known that Kronos will be running with 1x exp rate. Don't understand why this thread is still going :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom