• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

what happened to development

apology for poor english

when were you when kromos dies?

i was sat at home farming thorum ore when Oleg ring

'kromos is kill'

'no'

mh, seems that all other Twinstar servers have a lot of developers and Chero is the only one for Kronos? What will happen if he hasn´t got that much time to work on Kronos? Wouldn´t it be possible to have more in developement, maybe from other Twinstar servers? :)

I would feel better with more developers :D

He's not alone, but I think that he is actualy the only one who can post updates that are showed on Twinhead. Haven't you noticed, that he's the only one who is fixing in bug report but here on forums there are other devs active?

He's not alone, but I think that he is actualy the only one who can post updates that are showed on Twinhead. Haven't you noticed, that he's the only one who is fixing in bug report but here on forums there are other devs active?

Enlighten me, please, who might these be?

For everyone else, the first place to see it is on the Twinstar's main page, where you click the VANILLA button to see VANILLA news and VANILLA related info.
http://www.twinstar.cz/category/vanilla-en/?lang=en
There, you can see the Kronos team roster:
kronos-team.png

It's outdated and some people are not working on Kronos anymore.

The second place, where you can see Developers, is the bug report. You can actually sort bugs by their assignment to developers who should fix them. There are only 4 names assigned to fixing bugs in the Vanilla bug report.

Eclipse with one assignment. (because he's not a Vanilla dev, he's the Twinhead dev)
jursky with 35 assignments.
Craig with 468 assignments.
Chero with 1669 assignments.
The numbers include both old and new reports, but it should give you a reasonable overview of who does the developer magic.

Chero is like Harry Potter....one man show :biggrin:
Keep good work...some day i go crazy about no release...but after all ill w8 :innocent:

Considering the amount of players I think they need more dev´s and GM´s as the list shows. But I think they are fully aware of and will do it well.

Kronos is getting big, bigger than any other blizzlike *1xp private server I think -> Need good support for players :)

Maybe chero hired some cheap manpower, but he wants to be the only one who's gonna be appreciated :whistling:

If you are a forum troll around here you will ofc start seeing the same questions and suggestions over and over. At some point there is not much left to discuss and I don't mind a little activity it keeps me busy while the server isn't up yet.

let's not make this forum hostile and keep welcoming new people.

Okay I am sorry. I didn't mean to be rude.

If you have a question like this its best if you take your time and check in IRC before opening a topic about it.
I bet Chero won't mind giving you a satisfying answer to your question.

tl;dr Don't panic. Only because IRL can be stressfull sometimes doesn't mean development is at a halt.

Just let the rumor about release at 21 December go rampant, don't bother to name a more realistic release estimate for playerbase to wait for, and people start to worry. Not really surprising imo.

Maybe because Chero CAN NOT give you a more realistic release date until he has finished his exams?

And the 21st of december was never ever confirmed by the staff.
I understand were this is coming from and I would also like to have a bit more information, but don't act like the apocalypse is near only because you don't get updated on every little piece of info.

Maybe because Chero CAN NOT give you a more realistic release date until he has finished his exams?
You better not said this man xD

You mean that our only developer have exams now, that's why there's no video/changelog updates for 3 weeks? He warned us even when he had an "accident" with the screwdriver! And now, suddenly, there're exams. No, exams are rather predictable stuff. Several thousands people are waiting for the project, and no one warned them about very previously known problem. I can't believe Chero would act so unprofessionally.

I was very calm and patient - 3 weeks are not so long after all. But because of your exams note I got a butthurt, yes!

Ook, no one can be a professional in every area. A magnificent programmer can sometimes do shit when it comes to HR, community management etc. Or maybe you just made a wrong statement, Lharts? :)

You better not said this man xD

You mean that our only developer have exams now (..) Several thousands people are waiting for the project, and no one warned them about very previously known problem. I can't believe Chero would act so unprofessionally.

(...) because of your exams note I got a butthurt, yes!

Ook, no one can be a professional in every area. A magnificent programmer can sometimes do shit when it comes to HR, community management etc

I'm baffled, I'm not sure how to reply to this abomination of a post.

The information we were given is that the server is planning to launch around the end of 2014. Nobody has promised you anything about weekly updates. So let's put the pitchforks down at least until the first prediction(NOT A GUARANTEE) fails.

The hype building may have started too soon, but that is no reason to flame the staff for less activity. Not when they said, multiple times, that the server isn't ready yet and that it probably won't be ready for at least another month.

And I don't want to sound like a dick, but just, grow up and wait.

Well, I'm a bit too nervous, maybe because I'll have some exams soon too :D

But I still think that if slowing down is planned, community should be warned. That's the way a professional have to act. That's the way to prevent fears and disappointments in future. Is it only my opinion?

Its not like exams come out of nowhere. This was definitely regarded in the schedule.
I really have to leave this forum for a little bit.

Rage-exp-temp-incoherent.jpg

Its not like exams come out of nowhere. This was definitely regarded in the schedule.
Lharts, you're here for quite a long time. You know that Chero is a student or something, you know when exams in Czech Republic come. I - and major part of the community - am not so well-informed. And why such a facts, which is definitely important for people's expectations, are announced by the Authorized User (not by the staff) and when the unexpected delay already happened?

I tried to make myself as coherent and polite as I could. I don't wanna abuse the staff, they're doing a great job. But the best thing is to warn players when possible. That's all.

I tried to explain to you that this was NOT unexpected.
Thus, no need to inform anyone about anything.

Top Bottom