• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

What happened to the K1 core you said you gonna use on K3?

sushibarf

Authorized
What exactly did you do to the Kronos 1 core before you started using it on Kronos 3?

It feels like you just downloaded the newest MaNGOS core.

The current state of Kronos 3 compared to Kronos 1 is simply horrible.

There are bugs that have been fixed on Kronos 1 years ago.

I thought the whole point of opening up Kronos 3 was to use all the fixes that you guys so hardly worked on while Kronos 1/2 was open?

We are not talking about bugs that we could look past like simple quest bugs. These are gamebreaking bugs ranging from broken spells (best example: charge/intercept), mob behaviour, loot, spawn behaviour on summoned mobs, wrong armor values, mobs not having immunities to certain spells etc. etc. etc.

I mean you are already screwing with the economy by still having dynamic respawns. So why not atleast bring us all the fixes you already did back on Kronos 1? The latest update didn't fix much.

Something must have really gone wrong when you transfered the core to Kronos 3.

Some of these gamebreaking bugs weren't even present on the Kronos Beta back in 2015.

Im just curious on how this could happend? What caused it? How are you going to handle it?

Saddest part is that all the guys from different servers that have been trashtalking Kronos for years probably think this is what Kronos really is :)

Not to mention warlock fear NEVER breaking, holy-spell partial resists on everything (even though that should be impossible), getting cc'd off a boat/zeppelin or bridges. Charge and Intercept are fucking ridiculous. Everyone and their mother aoe farms in 5man groups because its double the speed of quest-leveling. Dungeon mobs prior to zf/maraudon hit for basically nothing. Loads of broken quests that worked on k1 perfectly....... the list isnt ending.

Not to mention warlock fear NEVER breaking, holy-spell partial resists on everything (even though that should be impossible), getting cc'd off a boat/zeppelin or bridges. Charge and Intercept are fucking ridiculous. Everyone and their mother aoe farms in 5man groups because its double the speed of quest-leveling. Dungeon mobs prior to zf/maraudon hit for basically nothing. Loads of broken quests that worked on k1 perfectly....... the list isnt ending.

i feel similar to sushibarf. i keep on telling people that this is not the quality i knew from k1.

This is exactly what I felt today when doing the triage quest. Kronos man why you so good at shooting yourself on the leg.

Don't worry, they're surely going to explain everything in the announcement regarding the blue pvp set itemization that is coming any day now... Right?

The only things that have bothered me so far is the warlock fear, and cat form speed talant working indoors is also kinda op. Whats up with the new charge btw?

Both Kronos I and Kronos III are identical. The only "new" thing so far is the cat form speed issue, which emerged due to new pathing and its performance optimizations. Last change to fear break chance was 1 year ago (11/17/2016 2:56:49 PM). Other (possible) issues are live on Kronos I already for a while and might have been unnoticed until now. As always, keep using the bug tracker in order to tackle down the issues. The pathfinding revamp solved numerous major issues, and it introduced several minor, which are way easier to deal with than the already patched ones. We are getting rid of those as we are finetuning the new movement implementation. Both Kronos I and Kronos III use same and the only core branch. There is no other, no mirror, no fork, nothing else. Only single Kronos Core. We are constantly improving stability, gameplay, and security of Kronos Core. Some of the changes might unintentionally degrade other, already used to work things.

Both Kronos I and Kronos III are identical. The only "new" thing so far is the cat form speed issue, which emerged due to new pathing and its performance optimizations. Last change to fear break chance was 1 year ago (11/17/2016 2:56:49 PM). Other (possible) issues are live on Kronos I already for a while and might have been unnoticed until now. As always, keep using the bug tracker in order to tackle down the issues. The pathfinding revamp solved numerous major issues, and it introduced several minor, which are way easier to deal with than the already patched ones. We are getting rid of those as we are finetuning the new movement implementation. Both Kronos I and Kronos III use same and the only core branch. There is no other, no mirror, no fork, nothing else. Only single Kronos Core. We are constantly improving stability, gameplay, and security of Kronos Core. Some of the changes might unintentionally degrade other, already used to work things.
Chero, with all due respect for you, I'm calling bullshit on this. Every single thing mentioned above that is NOT working on k3 works on k1... just try recreating any of the issues mentioned above and it will work just fine. I've been playing on K1 from the start and the server has, apart from the set-bonus issue back when Dragons of Nightmare launched on K1, which was fixed within hours, never been in such a bad state. Ofc everyone complaining about issues should use the bugtracker to report stuff. Still I am wondering how all of this could happen when it is, like you said, the same core.

Chero, with all due respect for you, I'm calling bullshit on this. Every single thing mentioned above that is NOT working on k3 works on k1... just try recreating any of the issues mentioned above and it will work just fine. I've been playing on K1 from the start and the server has, apart from the set-bonus issue back when Dragons of Nightmare launched on K1, which was fixed within hours, never been in such a bad state. Ofc everyone complaining about issues should use the bugtracker to report stuff. Still I am wondering how all of this could happen when it is, like you said, the same core.

Amen.

giphy.gif

It's not like writing tickets will fix any real issue as proven multiple times before already.

It's not like writing tickets will fix any real issue as proven multiple times before already.
Plus minor issues like unimportant NPC name changes or texts that NPCs yell are being fixed instead of broken class mechanics or other crucial bugs. That fixing behaviour is just quantitiy over quality. I am still shocked that wolves do not drop bread any longer while arcane missiles from multiple mages in raids still cancel each other out (https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?issue=10060). Do not take this criticism personal, it is only here to help you improve your server.

Well, if you've been following the forum lately, the currently active and vocal community on Kronos 3 doesn't really mind class mechanics at all. The truly important issues are things like being able to purchase earlier versions of mounts (the really ugly ones), people not understanding to use their aoe abilities while leveling, having respawns designed for 3k capped servers on a 5k+ pop server, and battlegrounds not existing for that truly epic clash between Tarren Mill and Hillsbard that would absolutely happen in 2018.

I wonder why nobody made a video yet. About the "gamebreaking bugs". For example, on the charge/intercept thingy, that should be pretty visible on a video. A comparison vid would be real nice.

Grabhammer: holy-spell partial resists on everything (even though that should be impossible)
Partial resists on holy damage spells are very much possible. They happen on K1 aswell. And it's not a bug.

Grabhammer: Dungeon mobs prior to zf/maraudon hit for basically nothing.
I think the guy who claims some boar in RFK hit him for 400 would like to have a word with you...

Grabhammer: Loads of broken quests that worked on k1 perfectly
For example? So far I completed every quest I picked up on K3.

Chainsaw: minor issues like unimportant NPC name changes or texts that NPCs yell are being fixed instead of broken class mechanics
Again, for example? The only broken mechanic I know about is bleed damage getting reduced by armor, and that's not even a class-specific one. The issue you linked for arcane missiles was started in 2016, in other words, bugged on K1 aswell, just as Chero said.

PS: added quote authors

Last edited:
Oh my god, what will we ever do?!

The Mages have a bugged talent, that allows them to do, what they can normally do anyway! Just a bit more mana-efficiently. What a truly game-breaking bug! /sarcasm off
Fixing a missing weapon model is as easy as writing a number to an excel table.
Fixing a clearcasting effect requires rewriting a piece of C++ code, which affects not just the mage, but also the druid, priest and shaman, and you cannot simply find a HOWTO guide, like everyone likes to do on vanilla wow these days.

That's why Kirtonos is getting his weapon prior to nerfing mages' clearcasting, Chainsaw.

Top Bottom