• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

What happened to the K1 core you said you gonna use on K3?

Grabhammer: holy-spell partial resists on everything (even though that should be impossible)
Partial resists on holy damage spells are very much possible. They happen on K1 aswell. And it's not a bug.
So you're saying a mob, lower than my level, with no holy resistance (because there is no such thing :)), can partially resist a holy spell? Care to explain how that is not a bug? Good laugh mate

I don't play on K3 and can't comment... I know K1 was great. Every time I saw someone trashing Kronos on reddit, I thought, "what a silly brainwashed hater". Now it seems there's more than this... I don't know what to think. Why would Sushi and Grabhammer lie?

Well i believe they both haven't played on Kronos (1) for atleast 6 months - perhaps the memory is failing them abit? Or perhaps features that were working while they were playing became bugged later on (before K3 opened). I have no doubt they want the server to improve, but insisting that the core on K1 and K3 is different when it isn't, is just a waste of time for everyone involved. Things haven't changed. See the signature below:

Well i believe they both haven't played on Kronos (1) for atleast 6 months - perhaps the memory is failing them abit?

Which would mean that you already screwed up the core on K1? Cause tons of things still worked while we where still playing (end of AQ40). Even while we were still leveling our 1st chars when K1 released.

Well good luck. Everyone I talked with had the same K1 vs. K3 feeling. Won't bother to continue this discussion then. Guess I'm just making things up. June is coming. Thanks for the talk.

So you're saying a mob, lower than my level, with no holy resistance (because there is no such thing :)), can partially resist a holy spell? Care to explain how that is not a bug? Good laugh mate
No, I'm not saying that. I'm sure you can read what I wrote.

As for "no holy resistance (no such thing)", there is a holy resistance value in the emulator core, and it was a thing of the past on retail too - in the beta.
The proper workings have been discussed here: https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?issue=6450

If something doesn't work as intended, post screenshots of the problem.

leash range is blizzzzliiiiike
gotta make lvling as tedious as possible cause it requires many skill
now u gotta run FARTHER (read: to fucking africa) when u wanna split a pull while lvling

leash range is blizzzzliiiiike
gotta make lvling as tedious as possible cause it requires many skill
now u gotta run FARTHER (read: to fucking africa) when u wanna split a pull while lvling
Depends, on retail some mob packs were linked so you couldn't actually split pull them at all like you can on private servers. One example of this is the gnolls in Redridge.

As far as fear problem goes, I'm no expert on this matter by no means, but it always seemed to me like you guys can't make a difference between fear duration in PvP and PvE. There was a time when fear lasted way too long in PvP. People complained, you fixed it to last for a normal duration, but then it broke way too fast in PvE. That lead PvE players to complain, you "re-fixed" in their favor and then fear became absolutely retarded. In PvE it never broke. For example, whole server was killing the gnome for AQ chain at Alcaz Island as a few men group just by bringing a warlock and keeping him in fear 100% of the fight, no tank needed. Ofc, PvP fear was absolutely disgusting at the time, you would rarely break out of it before you die. Later you toned that down a bit, I believe PvE fear is fine now since afaik noone is complaining about it (?), but from what I wrote above normal PvE fear still means too long fear in PvP, since imo you can't separate those two. If you get feared and you don't have a way of breaking out of it, that automatically means a warlock can freecast shadowbolts at you for about 70-80% of your health. That's the way fear works right now and it's an ongoing state of it for the last year and a bit more or so, since you last made change to it. That being said, I gotta admit it's pretty fucking tilting when you just sit there and getting brainlessly nuked for your whole health and you can't do shit about it, aside from meaninglessly spamming your keyboard buttons waiting for that fearbreak which never comes. So yeah, to me it appears it was always just black or white when it comes down to this ability. There was never some middle ground when both PvE and PvP fear were at the acceptable shape at the same time. If that's actually the case and not just my personal feeling, I think it's clear that fear should favor PvP durations, since in PvE all you would need to do is re-fear a bit more often and mob doesn't give a shit if he's CC'd for 25 or 40 seconds, while in PvP it's just silly when you lose your whole health in a single fear.

>k3 bugs
lol don't know if i have a screenshot but right after a recent login i saw "you lose/lost 200(or whatever it was) experience"

Well, i don't see anything about leashing mobs wrong - mobs chain pull, when you try to kite, you kite all of them and range is.. high, but not isanely high. The only thing that seems to be buged is leashing of minions that will never stop chasing you.

Well, i don't see anything about leashing mobs wrong - mobs chain pull, when you try to kite, you kite all of them and range is.. high, but not isanely high. The only thing that seems to be buged is leashing of minions that will never stop chasing you.

"High" as in "well above normal" does not need to be considered "insanely high" in order to warrant a fix. Some like the worgen are well beyond reasonable similarity to vanilla leashing.

Then look at the bug reports and proofs. It was changed for a reason, if you think it is wrong, then provide proofs.

You are quite the white knight (or blatant troll).
Just what "proof" is to be provided for leashing?

Well, read the reports - they shoved some videos and stated that on kronos, leash range is shorter than in those videos and so it got changed. If you find some other videos, where it seems to be shorter than now, post it. Perhaps thruth is somewhere in between. They obviously managed to provide enough proofs to get it changed to current state, if it is wrong, then there must be proofs of it.

Top Bottom