• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

What i Think is Necessary for a Private Server.

tobbe628

Hey!

Just a quick thread about things i think should be in a private server today.

The Welcoming of New players.
In my opinion there should be a Global chat that isnt specified to anything (like Trade)
Why?

it shows that the server is alive.
And players can talk to each other without needing to really do that much.
From my own perspective. This is very important as this might help the new players start playing.

An Easy client to just Download.
Everything packed into a Winrar.
So you can just Start The Wow.Exe and everything should work. (OFC there should be an Create account on the webbpage)

This is my first post here and i hope that the server will be a big success.
I myself will try and get as many players to play here as possible. (Not forced hah)

Im excited for the release!
Sincerely Tobbe628

Direct access to the world chat with lvl 1 = brace yourself for a lot of spam

Hello and welcome, I assume others answered your questions and conerns. If you want to help increasing Kronos awareness suscribe for the facebook page, reddit, twitter and youtube channel and participate in the forum discussions and polls!

About client - kronos have insalled / rared client to download. I'm not sure if you must change realmlist, but downoladed and extracted client is fully functional.

In my opinion there should be a Global chat that isnt specified to anything (like Trade)

I agree completely, but as mentioned it is super important to have a level restriction for it. What it should be though is hard to tell. 10? 15?

I agree completely, but as mentioned it is super important to have a level restriction for it. What it should be though is hard to tell. 10? 15?

I agree on level restrictions on chat.

But think level 10 is a bit too much. (This ofc depends on multiple factors)
But an idea would be that players can only speak in /s, /p and in the first area they started in.
So they cannot, for example run to Orgrimmar level 1 and Spam.

Great that there was a client available. I shall have it ready to move when the day comes.

Very great response, i thank you!

I agree on level restrictions on chat.

But think level 10 is a bit too much. (This ofc depends on multiple factors)
But an idea would be that players can only speak in /s, /p and in the first area they started in.
So they cannot, for example run to Orgrimmar level 1 and Spam.

Great that there was a client available. I shall have it ready to move when the day comes.

Very great response, i thank you!

So we should level our bank alts to lvl 10 to sell things in trade chat?

You say it gives liveliness. I say it takes away from emersion.

I know the the global chat channels are disabled on these servers, but I am actually happy they did. I find it weird that when you enter an MMO, from lv 1 you are overloaded with messages. Trade chat when in a city is the only way I see this working. As for LFG channels, a messageboard would be so much better XD.

Is that client for this new server or the older ones? I saw someone posted about it in this thread but not really sure what they meant.

Is that client for this new server or the older ones? I saw someone posted about it in this thread but not really sure what they meant.
I haven't installed it (used my own CDs) but if the client is 1.12.1 (or maybe 1.12.2 since it's just a language patch) then it should work just fine.

Aside editing the realmlist, it should work out of the box since Kronos doesn't have any client modifications that I know of, yet.

You are right, Kronos uses standart 1.12.1 (1.12.2 for spanish) client. There are not (and will not be) any modifications to the client required for playing, so you can basicaly use any client.

Top Bottom