• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Hunter What is the best pet for leveling, now that raptors have been normalized?

Reticularis

Hi, I'm new to this server (lvl 16 amt) and am leveling with a cat with 1.5 atk speed.
I noticed that it is not only squishy, but doesnt really do much dmg at all.

On the forum I read, that pets on this server are still buggy all around (also read about the recent fix on raptors) - so now I'm wondering:

What is the best pet for leveling / PvE at the moment?

I get rake as soon as I can on PvP servers.

If you want more beef you can grab a wolf. The higher level ones in Mulgore have 1.5spd I believe.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw in another thread that cats do 10% too litte dmg, less than a spider... wolf sounds good actually, sinse he has more abilitys

Yea Boars is best for fast lvl. Cat, wolf, raptor etc only for lvl 60 raid/dungeon and pvp

Ok i got a boar now :D

I have read about the abilitys of boars, they seem to be: charge, bite and gore

But i could not find a boar that had the "gore" ability..
Was it maxbe added in later classic patches?

yes there is no gore. but it should also be able to learn dash
but dash shares CD with charge or something

I prefer max dps to kill quickly, I've never had an issue soloing like level elites with Rake.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Back in live vanilla, I preferred a cat because of fast attack speed and fast run speed. Was awsome in WSG. Before lvl 40 my pet would run so fast to chase after enemies, that it would run to far away for me so it would vanish even if I was running at full speed with cheetah aspect. The fast attack speed was also great against casters. Boars are probably a bit better at tanking, but I would not trade in my trusted Ragash wich I tamed at lvl 12 in Mulgore. ( The rare cat there)

Read this, you'll have your answers. I favor armor, but many favor DMG... just depends on your play style. The Death Flayer Scorpid has a dot, it goes really well with Serpent Sting.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u...s/Hunter Pet Guide/Hunter's Pet Bestiary.html

Dafuq is a ragash?

The Rake is over rated - he is mean sure, but not the best imo.

Wolf = Furious Howl
Washte Pawne = Ranged level 25 serpent dude in barrens

U probably have made your decision by now but many new people still need help so they can see here.

Basically +1 webmaster.

Depends if u want to do pure pvp or pvp or both.

For starting of,I assume u going BM right?Boar is best for leveling and pvp.Has high threat regen,charge as well.Only downside is that it is 2AS.But i like the charge ability.

Rake is decent and everyone/mostly people go for DPS>Tanking.
Scorpids are nice too with their tanking ability and dot.
Wolf is in the middle.Pretty solid if u want do do pvp and pve.If so then the sfk worg has howl and 1.2AS pretty good.

he has been asking for a leveling pet. thats why attackspeed has very low value. so has furious howl. even the pets skill "claw" is not as usefull, since it burns the pets stamina, so it usually cant use growl and bite anymore then.

boars are generally perfect for leveling. they can take more dmg but deal less damage than average pets do (basic attacks).
charge is the perfect initializer for solo leveling, it deals quite a lot initial damage, your pet is sooner at the target and it has a low cooldown, so its ready most of the time you go for a new mob.
it does also not waste all of its stamina, so your pet will still be able to cast growl and bite.
further, if its your first character, its easy to feed your boar. you usually dont have to buy food and can feed it just by drops - saves you money.
the charge btw also stuns (interrupts) the target for a short time, which is quite usefull for pvp if you have/want to

the only reason you might want to pick another pet over a boar for leveling is because you want some special/rare low level pet for end game and you want to level it along with you

Top Bottom