• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Other What is the best way of using the Auction House?

RudyRaccoon

I say earning gold is very hard to get when you begin a new character on a server that doesn't quite have the population it needs. I've been trying to sell Light Leathers and Copper Bars and no-one is buying them. :sad:

Difficult straits sharpen one's wits, because you're forced to have untypical, creative approaches to problems. Back on ED, which boasted pretty much the same numbers of Kronos in its early months, I remember being faced with the same issue, so I used the Census+ addon, and checked what was the most played class: rogue. Leveling rogues, for the most part. What do rogues need the most? Good weapons, daggers basically. Those were rarely seen on the AH, so I took it upon myself to provide them to the market. I would buy mats and craft all the daggers I could, at a convenient price for both myself and the players: they all would sell, many times I couldn't even keep up with the demand actually. 1-2g of net gain per day, often more, acquired my mount fund in no time.

Here on Kronos I was offered a 60 rogue at a really convenient price (less than 2000 stars), and used it to offer a totally free lockpicking service. I could eventually max out the skill to 300 - at which point you're able to unlock everything - and the tips alone (spontaneously given to me) made a consistent income, currently on 178g just from the tips.

I'd also recommend getting the Auctioneer addon, and use it to scan the AH once/twice a day. You'll get familiar with the market value of items, and be able to play with it when used to it. I once found [Feet of the Lynx] up for 3g, and I bought them out before I could even realize what I was doing.

Last edited:
level alchemy, herbalism to 300
gather black lotus
craft arcanite bars

sell them all

Herbalism works very well once past about 225+ but black lotus are generally farmed and you won't find many. Besides they are in high-level areas, as are high cost herbs.

Alchemy is a good bet too but to level it you will need to use some gold, which you might not already have.

You can try to sell cloth items for bandages/tailoring, sometimes people give unusualy high prices for cooking reagents to get past the first levels.

Most blues will sell well too but their droprate is random. You could buy those at low prices on the AH and then sell them again, but that'll take experience to know which ones players look for.

Last edited:
I say earning gold is very hard to get when you begin a new character on a server that doesn't quite have the population it needs. I've been trying to sell Light Leathers and Copper Bars and no-one is buying them. :sad:

Yeah only a few low level items sell, you need to find out what those are yourself as you'll learn the market trends. Tons of people always try and sell those, so they are not in need. Copper Bars should be okay I think though. Light Leather is a no no, way to many on the AH.

Fishing! All kinds of good stuff like oily blackmouth, rumsey rum, and leather and bolts of cloth for bags can be fished up. This stuff is almost always in demand and can be fished up no matter what your character's level is (just make sure your fishing is high enough).

Yeah only a few low level items sell, you need to find out what those are yourself as you'll learn the market trends. Tons of people always try and sell those, so they are not in need. Copper Bars should be okay I think though. Light Leather is a no no, way to many on the AH.

Well I suppose you could have both Mining and Herbalism instead if Skinning mats are of poor value but the problem is you can't track both Mining Ores and Herbs at the same time. :p

Well I suppose you could have both Mining and Herbalism instead if Skinning mats are of poor value but the problem is you can't track both Mining Ores and Herbs at the same time. :p

Mmmm. Well tbh all gathering professions are good, it's just most of them will take a bit of time to make better profit from because the lower level materials are on the auction house in abundance. Look into some addons, pretty sure you can track both ore and herbs with gatherer or whatever else is out there.

Top Bottom