• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

What makes you want to play Vanilla World of Warcraft again?

Ariathos sayed it pretty well, but about the group content - it's great fun when you have players that will do it with you and damn boring, when you have to experience it alone (cuz all others are already on high lvl). That's the main reason, why "lower" content gets nerfed with every patch/expansion.

That's the main reason, why "lower" content gets nerfed with every patch/expansion.

Another reason is altering a product to appeal to another, orignially not intended target audience.
Recent MMOs and especially the current WoW cater to the more core and casual players. You all heard it before.
But still alot of people dont realize what that means. MMOs, by tradition, are a experience for hardcore or mostly dedicated players who value a persistent world with progress-driven gameplay. Every little thing you do progresses your character, over time. Over a long time. A freaking long time. Those people understand that you get rewarded through effort. Those people understand the importance of a clean slate for everyone. That's why a really "grindy" Everquest or Vanilla WoW worked, and still works for the right demographic. But since a "good product" caters to the biggest possible audience to achieve the largest possible profit margin, developers ignore that fact and just mix up their own winning formulas and create giant messes that neither hardcore nor casual players can fully enjoy. Also people need to understand that you can't have everything.
Don't have money for a yacht? Don't have a yacht then. Don't have time or the will to dedicate in a game of the grenre "MMO", play a different genre then.
The current target audience wants to play a MMO with a sh!t ton of content, a huge living and breathing world, an epic and memorable gameplay experience, but they don't really want or have the time and dedication to achieve this. Or to make the product work.
Oh, and of course EVERYONE wins, everytime, instantly. Even in a PvP centric game where there always has to be a ...losing side??... And if you don't win the *instant* you log into your paid-time account, its a "bad" game.

But oh well, ranted way too long already.

:x

Last edited:
What makes you want to play Vanilla World of Warcraft again
Because I like a game called World of Warcraft.
I like slow leveling, reading quest log, unlocking flight paths, gather reagents and level professions. All that allows me to feel "living" in a beautiful fantasy world.

Now lets see what a game called World of Instances can offer to me:
1) "Go to Dungeon" button.
2) "Go to Raid" button.
3) "Go to PvP" button.
Game that consists of 3 buttons does not seem so attractive, isn't it?

Well, i think that main reason why current wow looks like it looks is that blizzard is trying to keep their old, loyal players playing. It've been 10 years and those hardcore players are now 25-30 years old, they have job, family and they play only a few hours per week and blizzard want even them to stay in wow because they have been there since begining.

But that's OT.

best game. i find myself thinking of it, every time i wonder why nobody makes games worth playing for a long time anymore. plus, it was a huge part of my life back then :yes:

Whats makes me want to play again?

Community on Retail has degraded to nothing but Childish insults towards each other.

My main reason for wanting to play Vanilla again is that I like to re-play the games I used to love. I can do that with most, but WoW is constantly changing. It's barely recognisable as the same game now.

I understand why it has changed. MMOs have to evolve, I just wish they made a way for people to enjoy the game in the state that they like the most.

Personally, I've played Vanilla WoW when I was 10 yo. or so, I can still recall my outset ...

Few months after it launched my older brothers took notice of certain private servers even back then, they both stuck like leeches to the game, as if that was their gush of satisfaction, each played at least 10 hours/day.

I thought, maybe they had been overwhelmed by the supposed brilliance of the idea of an authentic 'Virtual World', WoW was the first MMO for many of us, an ever-pleasant 'spot for vacation'.

Maybe it was just the curse of who I was, a random kid, with random features and an avid curiosity for the game my brothers kept raving about.

Eventually I got a chance to try it out myself, half an hour or so as long as I could manage I'd entrench myself in the atmosphere of this so-called Azeroth... Having played the Strategy WC series, it felt rather familiar and exciting at the same time, I didn't know one thing about the combat system, besides what I've seen my brothers do, something with pressing they 'T' key, so I kept pressing it on some orange boars in a rich blue forest.

I was so keen with my 'Rogue' thought I could just stab anything and get away with it, eventually I hit the inn and immersed myself in the surroundings, having a nice drink and chatting with some RPers (back then I had no idea what it meant, but they kept telling me I was doing it) and they offered me some useful advice about a 'Class Trainer' sharing his wits and skills, so I did go to this NpC(whatever that was :D) and learned 'Stealth' I was so eager to try it I just felt safe, "enclosed in the shadows" so I thought well why not travel now that I'm invisible ? And so I did... the next though as my brother kept nagging me to get off...

The next day they went in town and I had this awesome opportunity to play the game for several hours.
In the chaotic world of Azeroth, it was always a good thing to find yourself a companion or two, so I thought till I learned stealth ("I don't need anyone ! I'll sneak past everything :p")

It was generally thought, though, that rogues were 'shady', well nothing I can't enjoy I said to myself. A simple plan I had, "Sneak, watch and learn" pretty sure I was I could learn a lot of things from just watching Horde and Alliance alike playing their game ...

I had been pretty sure about the plan, I wondered how many more times was someone going to pop up my 'invisibility' and mock me. And so I traveled past the enchanting forest of Teldrassil and got to my first Capital City, in all its glory I enjoyed it , stopped to every corner, climb up every stair and just look at other people chatting and all "from the shadows" (or so i thought).

One thing about sneaking, it's over-estimated. my young 'Thief' (Was lucky to get the name :D) would have been found sneaking about by everyone, with the name they'd call me half-assed ... whatever that meant. While I went about the business of making my way to the harbor and taking the boat to Darkshore, I performed various 'emotes' having been told of them from some Dwarf dancing in the Enclave, these acts of kindness from other players, namely the 'tips and hints' to things just made my time back then.

Ah ... and I thought I could write some more for you, well, some other time I'll tell you the rest of the reason why I want to actually experience blizzlike :)

TL;DR A rogue's sequel, nab in wondercraft :D

Oh, where was I ? My first boat travel yes...

My young 'thief' was stupid. No, beyond stupid. He was impetuous, arrogant, headstrong, and dense. Adjectives my 'superior' brothers and those 'pro' players that knew me would often use to describe me when I took off the starting zone at level 2.

The boat finally docked and I managed to get on it ... "There's ponds of fish across entire shore of Darkshore, good for cooking." a dwarf hunter told a fellow elf after he asked about "secondary professions" he could perform.

"I used to fish there, but I've neither the time nor the determination to fish there myself, the area is crawling with all sorts of murlocs and yellow crabs, but if you can catch some blackmouths i'll pay you well!" The druid said.

My pockets were considerably light after spending all my copper on "cool clothes", so i was more than eager to add the druid as friend and fish some "blackmouths" in exchange for money.

The druid suggested that I gain 3 more levels so I can start fishing on the Shores of Ruth'eran Village and level up some more till I move on to Darkshore so I avoid "dying relentlessly" (whatever he meant by that, left to fester).

Yet I was alone on my journey to Auberdine and had no acquaintances in the area. A few "crabs" couldn't be too much of a problem to me so I thought of leveling there, I thought over-confidently as I traveled into the foggy shores.

If I hurried, I could be back in the bay before nightfall to have a drink with "RPers" at the inn. And now I was alone, running desperately across the dark shores from a group of murlocs who meant to kill me :( So much for "stealth". "FUUUUUUUUUU!" I cried out as I leapt over a fallen tree trunk and barely dodged one of the ugly fish-like creature's spears. One of the murloc's throwing daggers had struck me in the back.

Don't think about it, just run! I screamed at myself as I heard the garbled cries of my pursuers close behind me, briefly belching the remainder of my coke and wiping the screen I pushed myself and with all my remaining strength continued to run to the docks. My pursuers would not give up it seemed, enraged by the fact this young night elf had stumbled upon them while they feasted on some dead HUGE fish, they had chased me north and had no intention of turning around until I was dead (or so I thought). "HAAAALP!" I grasped aloud as I ran, "I'll ... only ... do ... turn in quests...from now on... if I live!!!".

I could barely see in front of my face in the gray darkness. The fog was so thick it was difficult to look ahead. The earth had begun to ascend in a steep incline and I realized I was running uphill. To where, I did not know.

I could feel my character, deeply empathizing for the aching feet, running against sharp stones and fallen braches, even his burning chest I thought as his lungs took in and released air at a rate that was too fast to continue for much longer( I thought my stamina was running limit lol, so I often "RP walked" :D).

My character's elf ears heard in the distance the sound of a growling bear and I guessed that was the end for me...I cursed myself as I looked behind, as good at sneaking as I was I would not be able to "vanish out of sight" now.

Yet as the sound of the growl grew louder, this huge horned(srsly) bear jut at the murlocs and mauled and swiped all 5 or 6 of them in seconds. My first thought was "aw fuck, I'm next". But suddenly the bear popped in a white smokescreen and turned into this ENORMOUS( even though I thought elves were quite tall themselves) minotaur with green antlers protruding from his head, Little did I know that the death of all (?? murlocs) had made me level up and this amazing yellow flash had engulfed me and healed me of my wounds,( I always loved that visual :D) .

So this "minotaur" proved to be another player, his name was "Gwaar" and he /smile d and /wave d at me after turning into this orange spotted ghepard and jumped into the water turning himself into a majestique sea-lion, I didn't even get to thank the guy as I greedily looted the remainders of the murlocs I tried killing with mere throwing weapons( also thought I could take several of them on) and was amazed at the wealth of 10 silver I had now and this glowing "green" dagger which I couldn't equip until level 8. And so I was motivated to level up and used my hearthstone back to the starting place to level up and start fishing :)

I've got to go now :( Sorry I can't end this with a point, I'll get to it eventually, I promise !

as far as being a young innocent player in 2005-2006... i remember accidentally walking into the map border of duskwood, and i saw the words "contested area" and thought to myself, holy shit, better get back to elwynn before someone kills me. :lol: terrified!

Almost same here.
I was questing away in Elwynn when I saw this awesome river. So I thought to myself, hey lets check that out.
Gazing across the water I see level ?? wolfs and spiders. Scared the hell out of me.
Then after I was done with redridge I was still so terrified that I didn't really want to go over to there at all.

After a while of mindless grinding I decided to give it a go. Questgiver sends me to grave yard... yay.
Who do I meet along the path while running to the grave yard. STITCHES. Best zone ever.

Almost same here.
I was questing away in Elwynn when I saw this awesome river. So I thought to myself, hey lets check that out.
Gazing across the water I see level ?? wolfs and spiders. Scared the hell out of me.
Then after I was done with redridge I was still so terrified that I didn't really want to go over to there at all.

After a while of mindless grinding I decided to give it a go. Questgiver sends me to grave yard... yay.
Who do I meet along the path while running to the grave yard. STITCHES. Best zone ever.

I also fell in love with Duskwood early on. From all the creepiness, to what was the most epic event I'd ever seen when Stitches came to town. Then later on with my hunter thinking I was a bad ass when I kited Stitches into Goldshire. Watching him mow down helpless newbs was strangely satisfying. :w00t:

Man, what doesn't make me wanna play Vanilla again?

The old pvp system just felt so rewarding, the hours of mindless grinding was just in retrospect a lot of fun.
People didnt have a health pool of 100.000 or more.
People didn't have 100 interrupts.
It was harder to level up.
The world was actually more alive, people were questing and grinding their asses off.
Anywhere you walked, you could be sure to encounter atleast someone from the opposing faction, especially in contested area's.

It just has a much more raw and dedicated feeling to it.
Look at it now, its so shiny and player friendly.
My retarded step-niece who's 9 years old could be a normal player in MoP if I had one.
In vanilla thats really not the case. Sure you get bursted down easier and have fewer chances to come back in a pvp situation, but thats what makes it harder and thus more fun.

:wub:

Arrgghh! I'm checking Kronos/Corecraft forums all the time! I just want to play it all!!!! (Just got my WoD sub/game, prolly will play it for 2 months and be bored again, not on vanilla/tbc ^_^)

Almost same here.

That's it!!! :yes:

Arrgghh! I'm checking Kronos/Corecraft forums all the time! I just want to play it all!!!! (Just got my WoD sub/game, prolly will play it for 2 months and be bored again, not on vanilla/tbc ^_^)

Same here haha. Also subscribed to WoW again a week ago. Already bored and just chilling on this forum, while leveling a lock on Valkyrie to get ready for Kronos launch :lol:

Top Bottom