• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

What Month will Kronos launch in ?

yes he is.... the server as can be seen above is registered as "TBA" which means "To Be Announced" and on the front page it says release is this Fall, the server is only online for testers atm, after they have tested and dev. fixed and they deem it ready they wipe it and then it launches.

not to mention they will begin a countdown before the release, patience is needed and the more we wait the better the server will be :wink:

note: his rank is only "authorized user" not "vanilla tester" so he cant get on either :wink:

Since we know Kronos will be launched in autumn 2014, we will be able to play before Christmas, arm yourself with patience ! A maximum of 3 months left.

Patience = Quality
Quality = Kronos
Kronos = Fall 2014
Fall 2014 = before winter starts :wink:

Chronological winter is 21.12. so you definetly going to play before christmas :)

Nah, 3 months too long.. I'm already waiting 4 months and i will gladly wait for another year if it asure a success of Kronos. :smile:

I'll patiently wait forever. Whatever it takes to have the highest quality Vanilla server

In the meantime, let's use the wait to spread the news of this server far and wide!

the server can hold more than 3 times the amount of players than ED can before it starts queing, so it will take time collecting all those player's :biggrin:.

so recruit all you can and try to make them recruit as well, i use my time testing on ED and whenever i see a player i try to recruit them to visit kronos-wow, those who visit it respond positively 5 min. later, although sad to re-level they are happy to be informed before they reach level 60, those at lvl 60 are a bit more resistant but realize when seeing the large fixes done in the videos posted.

use this time before release wisely, recruit as many as you can and perhaps try to make, fix or improve addons that can then be used by players once the server opens :biggrin:

Good post Cr0w.
I've played a lot on ED (still do) but I feel that the development is a bit at a standstill.
Huge pathfinding/LoS issues, ddos attacks etc.

But the thing that really got me to start feeling that I don't want to play there anymore is this.
They are getting donation gear..(Buyable tier 2 set.. all -0,5 tier from the content will be buyable, legendaries* too) a lot of people reacted to this since they stated that NO DONATION gear will be available back in 2012. (nice to suddenly change...:no:)

But the worst part is probably the answer from the admin as an answer to people who dislike the donation awards.

Athairne said:
Donations will be enabled in order to keep the community stable and together, if you feel like you don't like it, please do leave and try some other games/servers.

Either way, your QQing will only get you removed and there is nothing that you can say that will make ED different.

Worst of all, it didn't come yet but you already make a drama like no other, once donations are enabled, feel free to QQ and get trashed by reasonable members.

* = I can't confirm it about the legendaries, i found out about this from a guy named Grimlocke at the ac-web forums

Topic @ ED forums

Last edited:
the server can hold more than 3 times the amount of players than ED can before it starts queing, so it will take time collecting all those player's :biggrin:.

Exactly. This server isn't gonna have a crap player limit like every other Vanilla server I've tried. We are gonna need lot's of people to fill Kronos!

ED has worse issues than just that :wink:

they launched the server with serious gold exploit's which, some exploits still exist... the loot tables are also a bit scrambled so you can find lvl 40+ items from lvl 10-19 monsters and the opposite etc.

not to mention dungeon bugs like ZF or BRD, pulling monsters in raid... i would say the donation is just the tip of the iceberg.

there's also many character abilities that dont work or talents that only work with some weapon types...
the dmg coefficients for ap/sp are from tbc and not 1.12.1 eve...

in short i could write a book about critical "old" bugs which never got fixed and never will on ED...

in short there is no reason for players to remain there once Kronos launche's

Indeed, the only advantage of ED is its population but this could be also ephemeral assuming players are going to leave this server for Kronos. It is not hard noticing the difference in level of quality.

TwinStar Team has shown the greatest potential in only one video than Feenix in its whole existence.

not to mention there's multiple of those videos each showcasing major fixes, not to mention the wowhead called twinhead also lists a lot of fixes and that quite often and the list is long.

Last edited:
ED has worse issues than just that :wink:

No doubt. I spent a decent amount of time on ED back in the day, but there were just too damn many game-breaking issues that they never addressed. And now that they've gone pay2win, I won't touch that server ever again.

No doubt. I spent a decent amount of time on ED back in the day, but there were just too damn many game-breaking issues that they never addressed. And now that they've gone pay2win, I won't touch that server ever again.

Couldn't agree with you more :biggrin:

But i will use it untill Kronos releases in order to recruit as many as possible + test/make/fix/adjust/improve addons :laugh:

so do kronos the favor of visiting it from time to time and casually recruit and try get others to help recruit :)

i play atm on ED and every +- 30 40 minut allready autoDC or serverDC, excelent and fun play :biggrin:

Well I don't play on Emerald Dream anymore, it is not very representative of the Vanilla time because of numerous imperfections and technical problems more or less inherent to private servers.

I don't say it's a bad server, in fact (and this is a sad reality) Emerald Dream is the best Vanilla server at the moment and I hope it's not going to last for a long time...

Btw why is on offi page Kronos, have AQ and high raids more progress % as lowest dungeons ? isnt better repair first lowest dungeons etc ?

Well maybe it's because these are raids and the most important endgame PvE content of the game. Anyway they wanna launch Kronos once it will be 100% prepared even if a good part of it will be added later as progressive content.

Last edited:
Btw why is on offi page Kronos, have AQ and high raids more progress % as lowest dungeons ? isnt better repair first lowest dungeons etc ?

you know, when somebody is in the mood of working on AQ, because he had an idea of how to make a specific fix, he does this.
Don't worry, before the server launches all 5 man dungeons will be finished and i think that's the only important thing.
Also keep in mind, last time on Kronos the War Effort was already going, which is why BWL is already close to 100% and Chero also worked on AQ back then.

We will refocus on all Dungeons a little later, because Chero prioritizes other stuff atm, but still this all doesn't change the fact that all 5 man Dungeons will be working properly when we launch.

From a marketing point of view, this server would be best suited in gaining players if it were to launch about 2 weeks prior to Blizzard's Warlords of Draenor release. Perhaps even 3 weeks early from that date, due to the first week being used to engage an advertisement effort to swell the initial player base through videos and word of mouth.
Indeed.

If Kronos would be released one month prior to WoD it would give the server the chance of riding on some of the release hype for the new expansion (ie searching for "World of Warcraft" might give "World of Warcraft - Kronos") and maybe some will give it a try.

And lets say there would be a open beta 1 week prior to launch - it would be a massive chance for people to stream and get youtube videos and forum posts backed up with actual proof (as if the awesome official video updates were not enough:blushing:)

So my guess is that if the server is 100% complete on all character abilities and open world quest content up to level 60, as well as item mechanics + WSG mechanics - it will launch by then even if Blackrock Depths and prior instances are the only ones that are complete.
Yup.. I think the average /played for 1-60 is like 10 days or so..
For the average player that would be more than a month worth of playing and in the end we would end up with the "before winter" launch but with some people being near 60.

This would also give casuals a chance to get to 60 before everyone rushes to raids.

Last edited:

The lower dungeons generally require less scripting as the bosses don't have to many mechanics. They will be quick to fix.

Kronos will launch with every piece of content from lvl 1 to MC and Onyxia fully working.

Last edited:
Top Bottom