• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

What should the team be working on?

What should the team be working on?

• Naxxramas

Votes: 233 49.5%
  • Fine-tune the current 40-man raids

Votes: 140 29.7%
  • Fine-tune the 20-man raids and 5-man instances

Votes: 85 18.0%
  • Class-abilities and talents

Votes: 143 30.4%
  • Pre-level 60 content

Votes: 51 10.8%
  • Gold/Honor- sellers

Votes: 70 14.9%
  • Team visibility (change-logs, news updates)

Votes: 67 14.2%
  • TwinStar features (race-change for example)

Votes: 65 13.8%
  • Other (post your suggestions)

Votes: 80 17.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Other: Battlegrounds - make Arathi Basin happen, punish BG afkers and exploiters (rogue Sap + capture invisible), deserter buffs for dodgers, stop constant per-maids steamrolling pugs;

Gold/Honor sellers - healthy economy - healthy server.

Battlegrounds are HUGE part of end-game experience for people who don't raid + the solutions of those issues won't consume big part of the working force.

Fine tuning current raid content with higher priority than working on Naxxramas is just *****ic - it is working very well already; any improvements would be minor and barely noticeable for players. At any rate, its novelty would wear off rapidly and all that would have been accomplished is prolonging the grind before Naxx comes out. Not good. Rather make sure that Naxx is top notch when it is released.

Naxxaramas

C'thun's first death was on April 26th, 2006. Naxxaramas was released June 20th, 2006. Less than 9 weeks after C'thun was first killed, Naxxaramas was out. My guild and many others have 12 C'thun kills already.

By the time Naxxaramas comes out, how many C'Thun kills and AQ40 full clears will we have? Of course it will be ridiculously easy because the timeline isn't even close to vanilla's timeline. You allow us to continue to over farm like madmen for months and months and months.

So many reasons why AQ40 was completely shit on and now Naxx will be the same. Think about it like this: Nefarian first kill was September 27th, 2005 and AQ40's gates on that server had their gates open on January 8th, 2006. That's 15 BWL clears. We had 47 BWL clears when AQ40 came out. Keep in mind most guilds took even longer to get Nef and C'Thun down in vanilla despite the timeline.

1) Announce that after Naxx, K1 & K2 will become BC servers.
2) Get AQ40 out in K2 and Naxx on K1 out ASAP.
3) Get Naxx out on K2 3 months after AQ40 is out.
4) Merge servers. Both servers will enjoy Naxx geared players.
5) Transition K1 & K2 merged servers into a BC server option.

There is your long term strategy that is best for player base and thus best for business.

Naxxaramas

C'thun's first death was on April 26th, 2006. Naxxaramas was released June 20th, 2006. Less than 9 weeks after C'thun was first killed, Naxxaramas was out. My guild and many others have 12 C'thun kills already.

By the time Naxxaramas comes out, how many C'Thun kills and AQ40 full clears will we have? Of course it will be ridiculously easy because the timeline isn't even close to vanilla's timeline. You allow us to continue to over farm like madmen for months and months and months.

So many reasons why AQ40 was completely shit on and now Naxx will be the same. Think about it like this: Nefarian first kill was September 27th, 2005 and AQ40's gates on that server had their gates open on January 8th, 2006. That's 15 BWL clears. We had 47 BWL clears when AQ40 came out. Keep in mind most guilds took even longer to get Nef and C'Thun down in vanilla despite the timeline.

1) Announce that after Naxx, K1 & K2 will become BC servers.
2) Get AQ40 out in K2 and Naxx on K1 out ASAP.
3) Get Naxx out on K2 3 months after AQ40 is out.
4) Merge servers. Both servers will enjoy Naxx geared players.
5) Transition K1 & K2 merged servers into a BC server option.

There is your long term strategy that is best for player base and thus best for business.

You're making a valid point here. Maybe kronos should just finish k1 and k2 until naxx is clear and then release a Server that actually follows the true timeline. But that is far in the future talk.

And again the ppl come and say merge k1 and k2. Its not Fair for k2 players because several things.

First on k1 zg aq has allready been released a while ago. So ppl got better loot.

Second you guys got about 1 year headstart, think of gold, Mats basicly everyyhing here. You farmed, battlegrounds Mats world bosses quests reputation i can keep going on here.

There Have been many discussions about it and many ppl gave their opinion on why its not doable but yet ppl Just Make New threads about it.

But wait i know some might say but what if we wait several months so we got the Same gear? Then still my 2nd point applies witch is the huge gamebreaker between k1 and 2.

As for my vote Goes to bg,s

Verstuurd vanaf mijn PLK-L01 met Tapatalk

make soloqueue-only pvp so everyone can get rank they want and have fun pvp match

pls make this change right now i demand it otherwise ill facepalm every comment here

For "Other" option I would go with in-game events organized by GMs, because honestly I haven't seen single once since I started playing here.

It could be something like:
  • 5 vs 5 PvP in Gurubashi arena in STVietnam (pure fun/extra honor/non combat pets/tabards/whatever could be the prize)
  • race from point A to B
  • hide and seek
  • mobs city invasion

And in game events would be awesome like the Large scale open world pvp battles on nost where awesome. U could Make Both pvp and pve events.

@lupeh

That's why people want servers merge in the first place, large scale wpvp and shit (wpvp at all?, diversity in battlegrounds and PvE pug scene, competition in all aspects of the game), who cares about some gear difference when you can't have fun the way it is now.. And tbh, gear difference isn't that huge anyway, gamebreaking difference comes into play with Naxxramas. On the other hand, 2 months is enough for whole server to get t2.5 because gearing with tokens is so fast, K2 players would catch up easily. The story about gold and warlock summoners on K1 is blown out of proportions, sure there are some rich people and those with couple of lock around the world, but they are minority.. I personally play on K1 for months, even before x7 and I have less then 100g and no locks at all and all players I play and interact with every day are in the same situation.
On Kronos1 WSG premade v premade initiative which requires only 20 players died out after 2 weeks, same happened with Perplexity's last try to organize Gurubashi tournament, let alone some large scale event.. There's simply no people for any kind of organized event to keep happening more then once or twice, even those that require as little as 20 players.. And as far as I can read on forums, K2 isn't much better.

even if:

There's simply no people for any kind of organized event to keep happening more then once or twice, even those that require as little as 20 players..

Merge an older x7 xp rate period server with a newer normal x1 xp rate server?

What sense of fair-play!

I guess only almost dead server K1 players ask for this atrocious merge...

Last edited:
Work on Naxxramas and push out content quicker on k2. Zg - > AQ should be at max, 2 months. Getting a little bored running only mc/bwl in one day.

Also don't merge the damn servers.

Please don't turn this thread into another merge discussion. It's not what should they be working on, it's more about policy.

Ontopic: work on Naxx but don't forget about other aspects :D #capt_obvious

I would be happy to see the long-promised race change feature and deserter for dropping queue sooner than never. But BG-related fixes are more about policy as well.

Doing anything other than working on Naxxramas is a poor use of time. There are a couple thousand people on K1 who have absolutely nothing to look forward to right now, because we've been clearing AQ40 for 3 months already. Based on the way this post was written, I have a feeling that almost no work has been completed on Naxx yet, which tells me it's probably a minimum of 6 months out still.

To re-iterate what Fei of Onslaught said, that means most of the guilds on K1 are going to have like 30-50 AQ40 kills before Naxx launches. Everyone will have BIS everything, and if you want to see the population of a server really drop, making them wait 9-12 months for new content is the best way to do it.

The best use of the development team's time, in order, would probably be something like this :

1. Work on Naxxramas
- See all of my notes above

2. Team visibility (change-logs, news updates)
- If you have the time to make a change in game, you should have time to write (at minimum) a 1 line change-log entry that is published on the website. Keeping players up to date with changes that are being made is important. It builds trust, it shows us what level of activity is going on, and it tempers expectations around future content/bug fixes. Without good communication you may as well not be working on anything.

3. Class-ability and talents
- I assume this has to do with fixing bugs with abilities and talents, and nothing more. These are important, because they affect everyone on both servers.

4. Fine-tune the current 40-man raids
- Getting 40 people together to raid is not an inherently easy thing to do. When there are bugs in this content, it pisses off a large group of players and wastes a significant chunk of time for everyone involved. Ultimately however, this content has already been released and it is playable, so it should only be looked at when there are major issues.

5. Fune-tune the 20-man raids and 5-man instances
- Same as above, but at a lower priority

6. Pre-level 60 content
- Only important really to new players, which I can't imagine there is a huge influx of. Most people on both servers are 60 by now, and if they made it to 60 once, they can do it again. I personally encountered very few bugs of significance while leveling

7. TwinStar Features
- Not blizz-like, shouldn't be a priority at all. This probably helps generate some revenue for TwinStar which I suppose makes it a bit of a higher priority for you all, but it really does nothing to help players, except by making account selling easier.

8. Gold/Honor-sellers
- Unless these players are exploiting bugs, such as duplicating gold, then there really isn't a ton that can be done about it. In-game GMs do a generally good job of banning the spammers from world chat. You can't shut down the websites, and you can't prevent people from using the same password on multiple servers.. so there isn't a ton you can do about this.

For changes not mentioned here, I think accelerating the release of content on K2 is probably a good idea, and subsequently at a pre-determined date, merging the server. I don't do a lot of BGs so I can't comment on the issues that are faced there. I imagine I would prioritize fixing BGs between 3 and 4, personally.

even if:

Merge an older x7 xp rate period server with a newer normal x1 xp rate server?

What sense of fair-play!

I guess only almost dead server K1 players ask for this atrocious merge...

fair play? wtf? you are a complete and utter moron. 7x didn't bring thousands of people to k1, Nost shutting down and 1x levelers shortly after that stuck with kronos 1 however did. This merge will happen whether you like it or not, its needed for both pvp and pve

I voted other

1) Fix the lag issues
2) Merge the servers once AQ40 is released on k2

its quite clear that the majority of the twinstar community wants this merge anyway, especially for pvp. (Don't cry about "unfair", you guys have rank 14s running around just from killing NPC's in AV all week)

Last edited:
Merge servers, preferably like this:

Release AQ on K2 januari 2017, 1,5-2 months after that merge the servers.
Another 2 months after that release naxxramas. Once KT is dead open up transfers to Ares.

Also add factionchange for 50£.

The people who cry about merge are fewer than the people who desperately want it, a long with all the people who wouldn't mind. Also, my common sense tells me that it would require less work to maintain and work on 1 server instead of two, what's there to lose?

EDIT: There's one thing I'd like to add. When I started here the GM's and admins where a lot more visable, doing ingame messages, on the forums etc. Understandably there's more workload now that there's more than double the players, but having admins that are active with the community makes us all feel a little bit better.

Last edited:
Please don't turn this thread into another merge discussion. It's not what should they be working on, it's more about policy.

Ontopic: work on Naxx but don't forget about other aspects :D #capt_obvious

I would be happy to see the long-promised race change feature and deserter for dropping queue sooner than never. But BG-related fixes are more about policy as well.
I would Love those 2 aswell

There are still so many things to be fixed. I don't get all these servers "rushing" to scripting aq40 and naxx when there are still bugs with other instances and class abilites and game mechanics.

Also merge k1 and k2

Appreciate the interest in our input.

I think prioritizing the next tier of content should be a priority, on top of keeping us in the loop of where your progress is. The last few months we have been in a blind spot as far as future updates.

Also interested to hear on where you guys are at on race changes and other customization.

Top Bottom