• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Where have all the vanilla guides gone? (long tiiime paaassingggg)

Hal9000

Back at launch in '04, there were very soon a ton of incredible useful, in-depth guides for every class. Especially about PVP. But also leveling, questing, instancing etc. Now, there are still a smattering of guides for certain classes, but 4/5ths of them are gone. And those that exist are far more simplistic than what once graced the Blizzard class forums. I am not an innately good player. Not the kind of person that intuitively understands game and class mechanics. And yet I was the #3 ranked PVP player on my server, eventually. I did this by emulation: studying these guides at length until I understood my class thoroughly. From there I could add a small level of original thought, but I could never have "gotten good" without them. Unlike many private server players, I have not touched WoW since the death of retail vanilla. That's 10 years, and now I'm old. I've forgotten most of what I learned, and I need those guides. Having milked every last ounce of gameplay out of Rogue, I'm now a Priest. There are a couple of simple guides for newbie Priests, but nothing on the level of "when fighting a Fury Warrior, these are things to understand and perform" for every possible matchup, how to heal in PvP, etc. I'm planning on going Holy so I need all the PvP help I can get, not to mention Raiding tips, rotations, timing, addons, mana efficiency etc etc etc etc etc etc etc. If you know of any guides that don't show up on the first 3 pages of search, or are willing to write one, prease halp.

nowadays to be gud in pvp you need - solid PC - install tonn of addons which will display all casts and buffs for you - play battlegrounds 20+ hours per day

look up Wow Legacy website
Sadly, they only have a repost from Nostalrius with virtually zero PvP strat. There has got to be an archive somewhere of all the deep, in-depth gameplay and pvp guides that were once posted. Or perhaps the community has just moved on, since most ppl have continued to play for the 10 years I've been gone :(

Top Bottom