• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Who is Kronos? What makes Kronos different?

Kelanos

What makes Kronos the holy grail of vanilla WOW servers, what makes it different to the other 1x 'blizzlike' realms? How long have they been working on it? Where did they come from?

Thanks and i look forward to experiencing it with you.

The Kronos developers have been working for several years, years of great, but poor-advertised, running servers (aka Kronos 1 & Kronos 2). They prove themselves as the true professionals. Ask whoever you want here :)

Hello and welcome!

What makes Kronos the holy grail of vanilla WOW servers, what makes it different to the other 1x 'blizzlike' realms?
According to everyone who's ever played here* it's the functionality and staff's dedication. Bugs commonly found on other servers are just not present on Kronos and when a bug is found the staff actively works on fixing it. That includes obvious bugs, such as a wild pig oneshoting you with lightning bolt and also the invisible ones, such as your spell not correctly reducing the boss's attack power, or an ability using an incorrect formula for damage calculation, etc, etc...

(*yes, I've actually asked every single player! No reason to doubt me)
How long have they been working on it?
I can't find the exact time when it first went online, but I'd bet two kidneys on it being 2011 or sooner, which would make the development process 4 years long at least. Note that the server has already been launched twice but shut down due to low population.
Chero could probably be way more specific, if he choses to reply.

Where did they come from?
I've always assumed they were programmed by the Architect, same as the other programs. Their work ethic doesn't seem human-like.
(Oh God, I just checked, Matrix is old as balls)

Last edited:
The Kronos developers have been working for several years, years of great, but poor-advertised, running servers (aka Kronos 1 & Kronos 2). They prove themselves as the true professionals. Ask whoever you want here :)

Hello and welcome!

According to everyone who's ever played here* it's the functionality and staff's dedication. Bugs commonly found on other servers are just not present on Kronos and when a bug is found the staff actively works on fixing it. That includes obvious bugs, such as a wild pig oneshoting you with lightning bolt and also the invisible ones, such as your spell not correctly reducing the boss's attack power, or an ability using an incorrect formula for damage calculation, etc, etc...

(*yes, I've actually asked every single player! No reason to doubt me)

I can't find the exact time when it first went online, but I'd bet two kidneys on it being 2011 or sooner, which would make the development process 4 years long at least. Note that the server has already been launched twice but shut down due to low population.
Chero could probably be way more specific, if he choses to reply.

I've always assumed they were programmed by the Architect, same as the other programs. Their work ethic doesn't seem human-like.
(Oh God, I just checked, Matrix is old as balls)

Thank you guys for your replies.

You say they've opened before, why was the population so low and why did they shut it down twice? What makes them think things will be better on the third time? :)

Thanks guys.

You say they've opened before, why was the population so low and why did they shut it down twice?
The first time the server was pretty much czech-only. There was a huge disparity in numbers between the cz/sk population and all other nationalities combined. Thus we've learned that two countries with ~15 million inhabitants can't keep a vanilla server alive.
The second time around, there came more talk about trying to make the server international, but every step made towards it was pretty much only a half-step. Some int. guys came, we've had ze germans, swedes, danes, etc, but it still couldn't be considered a truly international server and that + czech players not really wanting to coexist with english speaking players + not enough advertising/low awareness in the vanilla community again lead to less than ideal population and a slow death. In the end, the admins and the remaining players put their heads together and decided to try it again, but for real this time. Players were eventually even willing to give up their characters for the sake of better advertising and more equality with the newbies.

What makes them think things will be better on the third time? :)
1. The fact that you are here. Along with everybody else. There was nowhere near this much players on the forums the previous times around.
2. The fact that if the forum didn't have a .cz extension, you wouldn't even know this is a czech server.

The first time the server was pretty much czech-only. There was a huge disparity in numbers between the cz/sk population and all other nationalities combined. Thus we've learned that two countries with ~15 million inhabitants can't keep a vanilla server alive.
The second time around, there came more talk about trying to make the server international, but every step made towards it was pretty much only a half-step. Some int. guys came, we've had ze germans, swedes, danes, etc, but it still couldn't be considered a truly international server and that + czech players not really wanting to coexist with english speaking players + not enough advertising/low awareness in the vanilla community again lead to less than ideal population and a slow death. In the end, the admins and the remaining players put their heads together and decided to try it again, but for real this time. Players were eventually even willing to give up their characters for the sake of better advertising and more equality with the newbies.

1. The fact that you are here. Along with everybody else. There was nowhere near this much players on the forums the previous times around.
2. The fact that if the forum didn't have a .cz extension, you wouldn't even know this is a czech server.

Interesting indeed, sounds like it has some history! Thank you for filling me in Goris. This is what i was after. See you on live! :)

Thank you for filling me in Goris. This is what i was after. See you on live! :)

NP, just trying to bring a little positivity after seeing others becoming rude to/annoyed by newcomers:) Wouldn't like Kronos to get labeled as 'that server with the arrogant community'.
See ya on Alliance/in wsg:devil::bandana:

Top Bottom