• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Why certain things are on the progress bars

redjester99

Why is it that Naxx and AQ 40 are regarded as Kronos' overall progress?

I'd think we wouldn't be seeing either of them until after at least a year and a half to two years after initial launch.

well....all is connected....why to like in Penix...release server and 5 year no release on naxx and Aq....better do it now and after release to have good ingame support :whistling:

I understand your impatience, I suffer from it too.
But I do think it is essential to have these things in place since they are not Blizzard Entertainment.
Good preparation is half the work.

Neither Naxx nor AQ have to be finished for the server to be released.

Wouldn't it be a better idea to change the progress bar to stuff only neccessary for the release? Alot of people interested in a new server most probably just check the home page and if they see that 1/5 of the content is not yet done, they'll loose interested since they think the release is not too soon ahead. Like it or not but i guess that most people wont gather those informations from various threads.

Last edited:
Once again, even if these things will be removed, then still server will not be released at 100%. I doubt that any of those bars will ever cross 98%.

The main problem with the progress bar that Kronos administration don't see any problem: http://forum.twinstar.cz/showthread.php/88421-Progress-bar?p=694488&viewfull=1#post694488. And it seems that they think that no one see a problem too.

"A lot of people interested in a new server" don't look at the progress bar - of course, they just know that Kronos devs do good job. And you, Ven, you don't care about it. Neither am I. *sarcasm off*

Neither Naxx nor AQ have to be finished for the server to be released.

Then why IS it on the progress bar?

The main problem with the progress bar that Kronos administration don't see any problem: http://forum.twinstar.cz/showthread.php/88421-Progress-bar?p=694488&viewfull=1#post694488. And it seems that they think that no one see a problem too.

"A lot of people interested in a new server" don't look at the progress bar - of course, they just know that Kronos devs do good job. And you, Ven, you don't care about it. Neither am I. *sarcasm off*

If this is the case, then thats most probably a wrong assumption from their side.
A lot of people dont look at the progress bar? Are they kidding? How else are we going to get an estimate on when we'll go live except a little bug fix here and there? Not from the Kronos Team at this moment since there is no ETA, which makes the progress bar that much more important.

Because the progress bar shows the status of all different parts of the server. It is a "state of things" status bar, not some "until release" status bar.

Because the progress bar shows the status of all different parts of the server. It is a "state of things" status bar, not some "until release" status bar.

And 90% of the people only passing by wont know or think of this.

A lot of people dont look at the progress bar? Are they kidding? How else are we going to get an estimate on when we'll go live except a little bug fix here and there?
No-no, please don't get me wrong - I'm kidding, not Kronos staff :) They never said literally things like "no one interested in the progress bar at all".

But seems (see link above) that they think that "only a few don't know that progress bar is rough, only a few lose their hype looking at sloooow progress bar". And that's a mistake IMHO. I believe that many people are coming on kronos-wow.com, seeing 2% in 3 month and thinking "The project is almost dead, I'm out".

No-no, please don't get me wrong - I'm kidding, not Kronos staff :) They never said literally things like "no one interested in the progress bar at all".

But seems (see link above) that they think that "only a few don't know that progress bar is rough, only a few lose their hype looking at sloooow progress bar". And that's a mistake IMHO. I believe that many people are coming on kronos-wow.com, seeing 2% in 3 month and thinking "The project is almost dead, I'm out".

Well, exactly.

And you know, fine; the progress bar is a 'state of all things' not a 'until release' bar..
But no new ETA at all?
ETA is an estimate nontheless. Like I said before: I don't even know what to tell people Im inviting to play here.

I've been talking to atleast 10 to 15 old WoW players about Kronos in detail and really took the time to get them hyped in order to get them to tell their friends about it, and so on.
But now they're like: "Oh it didnt release? Hmm okay, so when will it?"

I dont know what to tell them.
"It releases when its done" .. yeah sure, kind of disappointing.
Not saying it will have a negative impact, it might, but I do know that quite a few people will forget about this project if there is no date to look forward to.

Sorry Im being so negative. lol

As far as I see it, if the newcomers aren't willing to read around and educate themselves on the current development of the new realm then would the rest of the community really want them? Seems to me that they'd be the type of people who don't understand patience.

Rome wasn't built in a day nor did it fall in a day either.

As far as I see it, if the newcomers aren't willing to read around and educate themselves on the current development of the new realm then would the rest of the community really want them? Seems to me that they'd be the type of people who don't understand patience.

Rome wasn't built in a day nor did it fall in a day either.
Yes the community does want them, the more the merrier.

If that were strictly the case then we may as well all go to Molten :lol::lol::lol:
I want people who give a damn and take some time out of their lives to inform themselves not spoon fed babies.:tongue:
What retarded kind of argument is that? It doesnt matter how great the server is if it's underpopulated due to inaccessability.

We want more players on Kronos because it's good, while molten is crap.

The common denominator is that more population leads to more new players.

More like a good community attracts and keeps other players but yeah M0@R P14y3r$!!!11one!1 lol
Inaccessible how? Kronos is only inaccessible in the fact that it's not online yet.
Like I said if people just look at the progess bars and go "HURR DURR FUCK THIS" I think that's fine, I want a populated server just as much as any other person. Oops sorry I want other players who got some shred of patience hahahaha:winkiss:

I think that the progress bar at 80% is quite attractive to the audience.
If I'd have to tell a person about when's the server coming out, I'd say that, as you can see, the progress bar indicates, that the development is in the late stages, because of the fact that it includes events, raids and things that won't be there in the start.
On top of that, I'd suggest to return and check the site + forums news in mid January or let him be informed by mail (that way it's possible to remind multiple people at once).

More like a good community attracts and keeps other players but yeah M0@R P14y3r$!!!11one!1 lol
Inaccessible how? Kronos is only inaccessible in the fact that it's not online yet.
Like I said if people just look at the progess bars and go "HURR DURR FUCK THIS" I think that's fine, I want a populated server just as much as any other person. Oops sorry I want other players who got some shred of patience hahahaha:winkiss:
I agree you'll need tons of patience playing on a dead realm.

I think that the progress bar at 80% is quite attractive to the audience.
If I'd have to tell a person about when's the server coming out, I'd say that, as you can see, the progress bar indicates, that the development is in the late stages, because of the fact that it includes events, raids and things that won't be there in the start.
On top of that, I'd suggest to return and check the site + forums news in mid January or let him be informed by mail (that way it's possible to remind multiple people at once).

Exactly. I don't understand the other members trying to deride me for someone who won't even stick around for a question or two but ya know go figure.
Muh opinons, so serious. :rolleyes2:

Top Bottom