• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Why is naxx such a big thing for some?

Lharts

Authorized
I really don't understand where the believe that this games (vanilla) ultimate endgame is naxxramas.

Less then 1% of all vanilla players ever killed a boss in there. So even if there are old players here it is less then likely you ever set foot in this instance.

This mentality that all content has to accesible for everyone is what ruined wow PvE.
Why is this such a big deal then? I never even got past BWL and I enjoyed this game massively.

If naxx is an important thing for you, please explain why.

For me:
- From a PvEers view it might be cool to have new content. Its a nice addition, but I don't really need it.
- From a PvPers view the gear is way to strong. It does more harm then good if ALOT players have access too it.

For me its a big deal because I never experienced it back in the day. It is 'new' content in an old beloved game. I would really like to raid it properly some day.

But access to naxx is not a requirement to be able to enjoy the vanilla wow experience. The same would be true for AQ for that matter.
I guess you ask that question because people demand all the content to be accessable from the get go?
Which is wrong in so many ways. It's another example of poeple wanting something but don't really understand the consequences. Like I mentioned, I WANT to visit naxx some day, but if it would be available from day one, a huge chunk of raidcontent (which got painstakingly scripted and perfected by the devs) would be useless and irrelevant. Your whole progress and journey through the content would be cut in half or even further mutilated. And like you mentioned, PvP would suffer heavily because of the available (way to OP) gear.

The main point of the experience in vanilla WoW was the journey to greatness together with friends. But people want to skip right to the end. Talk about anti-climactic.

First of all hello forums, cant wait for kronos to launch etcetc.

But for the question, you kind of already answered it for me. I never got to naxx and that was exactly why it felt so amazing (and was floating in the air).

It just was a big mystery and I was so dissapointed when I got to play the washed up version inwotlk.
Also all the work you had to put into it to get the right gear, attunemets etcetc.

It just felt straight up EPIC back then. BT was the last raid in game that exited me in that way, that too mostly for the reason that I never got raid it.

I never had problem with people outgearing me by miles. The game was fun, there was something to reach for and dream about.

Last edited:
Q:
Lharts;701575}Why is this such a big deal then?[/QUOTE said:
A:
Lharts;701575}Less then 1% of all vanilla players ever killed a boss in there.[/QUOTE said:
To elaborate: You were a FUCKING BAWSE when you beat Naxxramas in vanilla. Is it really that hard to find an answer for your question? Most people play this game for some sense of achievement. Vanilla doesn't have a bigger one than slaying KT. (or R14)

I´m really looking forward to see Naxx in classic again. Naxx was the only classic content that had no farm status for me (Well it was for no one on farm status I think^^) Haven´t killed all bosses in there and i hope if naxx opens in some months/years^^ it will not be easy to clear.

But I think nobody here joins the server because he ONLY wants to raid naxx... For me it´s everything i like in the game it´s pve,pvp,farming having fun with others. Everyone of us is here because we want a well populated server. There are a lot of low populated servers out there. We wouldn´t be here if we want that^^. Also nearly nobody of us would join a Server with a lvl 60 pre naxx geared char to raid naxx only. (Maybe yes but nobody would play a long time there^^)

We want the whole classic thing :)

Being a day1 player, I was one of the first to ever step foot in naxx, as it was during the first times that blizzard were running the test server. As a group of testers we never killed a boss, and we formed a group of clearly experienced geared aq40 players. The feeling of difficulty after hours of trying made it an ultimate challenge.

When naxx was released on live, I was only able to down 4 bosses in our guild by the time TBC came out. (We were considered third best pve guild on our server)
To the .05% of guilds that fully cleared naxx pre-bc, I have huge respect, by knowing how incredibly hard they designed it. Perfecting ridiculously hard bosses with 40 players is a crazy accomplishment, and the most fullfilling thing i've ever felt in wow.

If it can be coded in that pure insane difficulty here so I can experience that again will be amazing to me. I would love to be able to progress in its original form instead of the re-arranged simple-mode they changed for wotlk.

Last edited:
To elaborate: You were a FUCKING BAWSE when you beat Naxxramas in vanilla.

Wouldn't accessibility ruin this entirely?
See, this is something I only experienced in the private server scene and thats why I ask this question. On retail it was about beating what ever content you could with your guild. On privates it seems every PvEers goal is clearing naxx. How awkward is that?

Well, I will admit to not being an experienced raider in the conditions of a vanilla realm. So maybe, if this phenomenon is only present on vanilla realms, I don't know what I'm talking about. But I have been in a few guilds and on a few realms myself, and I have never got the feeling that my mates are only in it for a certain endboss. Instead, and this is exactly what I talked about in the previous post, we were always most excited for the hardest boss available. It was never specifically: "Oh, can't wait for Kil'jaeden, I want to kill him", or "Can't wait for Arthas, I want to kill him". Instead all I heard were variations of "Nobody on the realm has killed xxx yet, I want to be the first one!". And that was the case even in the less succesfull guilds.
But I guess that it can be attributed to my realms' content always being released continuosly and to the specific content being relatively *new* as far as private realms go. I can imagine that in case of vanilla, people are no longer that excited for a Ragnaros kill. I know I will be, though:)

Also, what accessibility are you talking about? Didn't quite understand you. Did you mean that naxx on other private realms is such a piece of cake that everybody has farmed it multiple times? Maybe that won't be the case on Kronos:)

Last edited:
If more then 1% of this servers population will EVER raid Naxxramas it is already more accessible then retail.

What I am talking about is only a handful of people ever actually raided this content and yet every PvEers goal on privates seems to be to witness it. Like its the only thing that is even important or something.

If more then 1% of this servers population will EVER raid Naxxramas it is already more accessible then retail. ...

WoW players grew older. By 10 years actually. And kids don't really want to play "the hard" Vanilla again, so i guess the population base of Kronos will be much older than the official one, hence could also be more successfull.

Well, but why only 1% of players experienced that on retail? Because it was rly hard and TBC came quickly. But here, what will you suggest? Close naxx after 5 months and who have done it, done it and the rest can just cry? When naxx opens, then the server will be at its end of content release and will remain as long as players will be interested in it and so there will be much more time for wider audience to see naxx.

Also, now, we all know what is the "ultimate challenge" and every serious raider want to beat it. But who will succeed is another question.

Shouldn't it be obvious? Naxxramas is supposedly the hardest raid ever in WoW. And it also got removed from the game, and got replaced with a casualfest that people could complete in quest blues. Naturally, nowadays everyone wants to see how it actually was back then. That raid is the final boss of vanilla, basically.

When naxx was released on live, I was only able to down 4 bosses in our guild by the time TBC came out. (We were considered third best pve guild on our server)
To the .05% of guilds that fully cleared naxx pre-bc, I have huge respect, by knowing how incredibly hard they designed it. Perfecting ridiculously hard bosses with 40 players is a crazy accomplishment, and the most fullfilling thing i've ever felt in wow.

Yup. Pre burning crusade, my guild on Cenarian Circle were able to do the 4 'easy' bosses a few times before the expansion hit. The incredible amount of fallout from the OP greens that fell in Hellfire Peninsula in comparison to stuff we had worked SO hard for, farmed mats for Pots for hours on end for, was unreal. My guildmates were torn to the absolute opposite ends of having tons of fun in BC zones, and being pissed at the candy-drop gear + jewelcraft gems.

I'm with Wraithx with the sentiment of how disappointed I was with the WoTLK version. When we got to Maexxna in crafted gear + heroic drop purps and destroyed her with only 2 deaths I was all .... "Weak, dude."

The raid instance was a work of love on the part of the original game devs, and it showed.

Maybe the sheer fact that very few actually ever made it inside naxxramas in retail makes the raid so exclusive. Or maybe it's the fact that the raid is not available anywhere else (arguably - in its original form) except for vanilla servers.
Tbh, I don't think the bosses were particularly hard. Sure, it was the hardest raid in the game at that time. We shall see if naxxramas gets released on Kronos one day. I am almost sure it won't be in fact as hard as people remember it - or as they make it look.

Oh, another reason comes to mind. T3 sets are arguably the best Blizzard has ever created. For most classes anyway.

Oh, another reason comes to mind. T3 sets are arguably the best Blizzard has ever created. For most classes anyway.

I always mind about pve MS or fury warriors concerning T3. The set is only for tanks, right? There are a few non-set plate loots for DD Warriors, but arent they a bit "handicapped" in place of rogues, mages..., which get full t3 set. Sure, theres a Might of Menethil and so on, but in case i role a warrior and maybe, one day i have cleared naxx, i feel envious about other classes :crying:

Warriors still scale with gear better than anyone. You'll be able to one-shot many classes in Naxx gear anyway.

Warriors still scale with gear better than anyone. You'll be able to one-shot many classes in Naxx gear anyway.

This. The T3 set for warriors is for prot yeah. But there's plenty of non-set pieces which are equally awesome. They might just not look as good as the set - only downside. In Naxx epics, you will one shot people.

Hm, on a wow wiki side i saw only 3 or 4 non-set plate loots for Damage warriors, not more. Thats why im a bit confused about the loot, anyway i think they will do much damage.

Hm, on a wow wiki side i saw only 3 or 4 non-set plate loots for Damage warriors, not more. Thats why im a bit confused about the loot, anyway i think they will do much damage.

If you're playing on a server long enough to get to naxx, you'll laugh at how much of a fucking circus pvp is even after attaining full BWL gear.

Vanilla pvp is at it's most balanced with everyone being pre MC gear.

If you're playing on a server long enough to get to naxx, you'll laugh at how much of a fucking circus pvp is even after attaining full BWL gear.

Vanilla pvp is at it's most balanced with everyone being pre MC gear.

Yeah. PVP wasn't exactly the biggest thing I liked about vanilla. I believe TBC brought some very positive changes. Althought at that time I also whined about resilience, like many others. Looking back now, vanilla PVP was rather bad :mellow:

Top Bottom