• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Will Dungeons award correct experience?

Sillyfish

Authorized
I am curious as to whether Kronos will award the player the correct amount of experience when grouped with a party.

For example, Feenix is 100% adamant that Emerald Dream gives you the correct XP, but this is not true. For example, I just did a Zul'Farrak run with Rested XP and I was getting 110xp per Elite kill. I can go kill a regular monster out of group of the same level and receive over 500xp with rested bonus.

I played retail WoW during Classic, and I know with absolute certainty that we received more EXP from dungeons. It was a viable alternative to grinding if for some reason you ran out of quests.

So. Will Kronos address this?

you have AMA thread it's the pined one and top one as well... Ask that question there and either chero (developer) or other staff will answer you with correct data about kronos whether it's correct or not. :)

From what I recall yes dungeons award the correct experience here, at least I don't remember reading they wouldn't. Certainly it wouldn't go overlooked.

Feenix is always full of shit. I played few years ago in ED and not only dungeon but grouping xp in general was way too low people were skipping instances and didn't want to group for common questing. I think even Rebirth didn't get this right even though the server was deemed the holy grail of scripting (I might remember wrong, didn't get to play there much till the ddos).

Instance running was never alternative to grinding mobs by yourself or with a friend. Maybe except for boosting. This is one of the aspects I'd prefer to go un-blizzlike in a perfect server. I would imagine it would increase low level dungeon runs and fun across the board if there would be decent xp gain like 50% worth of level per non-wipe hour.
But yeah running each instance at minimum 1 or 2 times and doing the related quests resulted in never running out of common quests. From a horde perspective at least. As if the game was designed that way...

Top Bottom