• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Will it be good?

Will Kronos be near-perfect highly-populated realm?

• Yes, Kronos will be as great as other Twinstar servers

Votes: 38 52.8%
  • Yes, Kronos will be good I guess

Votes: 17 23.6%
  • No, Kronos will be not very good I guess

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • No, Kronos will be not very good as other Twinstar servers

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • Don't know, hope others know

Votes: 10 13.9%

• Total voters

nimeralos

Authorized
Greetings everyone,
sorry for such a straight and rather impolite question, but what do you think about Kronos potential?
I'm totally new here, so let me start with the question: are other Twinstar realms good? Can developers make most of scripts work and fix bugs fast? And is there a big enough online for all reasons, for dungeons, group quests, maybe even lowlevel fun BGs?
The second question is more philosophic one: will exactly Kronos be highly populated.
The technical third question: aren't Check players dominates there, can (poor :whistling:) English speaker feel comfortable here?
P.S. As far as I know, there're two ways: populated, but rather buggy server like Feenix (got 44 there), or high-quality made, but low-online server like Valkyrie (well, heard that there're 2 raiding guilds - more than zero, but poor IMHO). Will Kronos be the third way?
Thanks for your answers,
let the Stars guide you,
cheers!

Other twinstar servers - Cata and WotLK are well scripted and highly populated, TBC is much smaller but with decent population. All those are also very stable (you can see it on Twinstar homepage - mostly, servers are not up for days because there are nearly daily updates, that need restart).

Kronos - Everyone who tryed all other Vanilla servers say, that Kronos WAS, so i think will be the best in terms of quality (i saw feenix - total fail, kronos is like 10 times better).
Population, well, this time it seems that Kronos is on the right way to high population. You are, after all, proof of that too. But it's mostly a matter of players. Server will have high quality and will be stable, so it is only up to us to populate it.

couldn't vote higher than "Yes, Kronos will be as great as other Twinstar servers"
Personally i think it will be the best Twinstar server, especially considering it is the best version blizzard ever had.

I don't really get what's behind your poll, because you are asking how good other Twinstar servers are, but in the poll you want us to compare Kronos to the other Twinstar servers, as if that gave you a reference. :w00t:

personally i can't make comparisons to the other twinstar servers, because i am a vanilla player. I have no interest in other expansions, that's why i have not played on any of the other twinstar servers.

But i can speak for Kronos,
As you may see, the only supported language on Kronos is english ! It is promoted as an international server, so everyone is welcome no matter where you're from. Since Twinstar is a huge and well known project in the Czech Republic and Slovakia, there will likely be a good portion of Players from these countries, but judging from the last Kronos version, they can easily be outnumbered so that you don't feel like an outsider.

They have just begun to do some advertising to get better known everywhere and attract a large number of players from all over the world and i would expect that there is a lot more to come before the server launches.

Comparing Kronos to other VANILLA servers that are out there, quality wise it will be so much better than all the others, you can be assured of that. I guess the videos that they have released so far and those which are about to come will prove that.
The population aspect kinda is up on us, you cannot predict that right now. The dream would be that together with the super high quality of content, we also get a high population to make it perfect. But that depends highly on all the people out there. We have to make sure that people get to know about this server and then, when the people are smart they will give it a try and see on how crappy servers they have played in the past.

There are three things that I'll be heavily judging the server against other past 1.12.1 private server experiences.

1) Accurate Class Abilities - will druids in cat form w/ talented run speed (30%) have the ability correctly cut out when entering a building or cave, but then properly resume upon exiting without having to change forms? Will Troll priests have their racial Shadowguard spell properly apply possible crit damage, shadow weaving stack checks, and Blackout proc checks per orb hit? Many private servers settle for "it's good enough" and never bug fix stuff. You know what I mean.

2) Quest / NPC 'fluff' scripts working - when a horde character returns Minshina's Skull, will the ghostly troll show up to bow and thank them silently? Will the orc children in the barrens ask permission to collect stones for a necklace, or offer up a caught fish to the guards, or flee from a swarm of hornets crying for help, or ask if their dad is coming home from the Warsong effort from his mother? Will Jin'Zil do his happy dance in a circle as the captured night elves in cages die from completing his Forest Magic? Some of the older Trinity Core servers DID get these scripts right, and it was fantastic. Hardly anyone's ever bothered since then, and to me, it's not classic without them being in or on a true Fix It list.

3) Dungeon Scripting - I don't need to explain this one very much. We've all seen crap scripting in Gnomeregan, Uldaman, Sunken Temple, and Zul'Farrak, and Blackrock Depths especially. Expecting some of the more difficult scripts to be spot-on perfect is a bit much, but worthy attempts at recapturing the classic look and feel is important to me for the special events of an instance.

I think Kronos will make a solid effort with what I listed above - but I'm also going in with a healthy dose of skepticism. If the staff shows dedication in working with players on bug reports when the players dig up 2006 era proof of something being off, that alone will be worth more than any two things on the list above. I love testing and making reports with good evidence, and feel discouraged when stuff is left broken for 4+ months without a peep. It's happened.

Last edited:
@OP 1. The WotLK realm is excellent. It was under continuous development for more than 4 or 5 years and it's a great pity the Cataclysm datadisk had to change so damn much. It was simply not possible to just 'edit' the 'old' wotlk core and continue on that superb groundwork.
Cataclysm development, thus, had to begin almost from scratch and it is still quite far from being over. But comparing to the competition, I'm sure it can indeed be called good.
I have no information about the TBC realm, as I have never played there, and so I've never cared.
Developers are very skilled in fixing problems and the speed depends very much on the amount of issues, their relative importance and the number of developers.
As for population, the vast majority of players are always on the newest realm. Cataclysm (and WotLK before that) has more than enough active players for all the activities you mentioned.

2. Only time will tell. I'd be so bold as to say, that If people stop obsessing about experience rates and just come and play, there would be more than enough population for a great vanilla experience.

3. Not really. And yes, a (poor) english speaker could feel comfortable on Kronos. The twinstar team will undoubtedly make sure of that.

And as for that PS.. from what I hear, YES, Kronos will be the third way. Regardless of population, you can't include it in neither the low quality group nor the high quality group. If that server you mentioned is 'high' quality, we need a new word for Kronos.

1) Accurate Class Abilities - Many private servers settle for "it's good enough" and never bug fix stuff. You know what I mean.

not sure about the specifics you mentioned (I only played a warrior here), but you can rest assured that settling for "good enough" is not the Kronos way of doing things. They indeed do bugfix stuff, they do it quickly and they do it continuously.

2) Quest / NPC 'fluff' scripts working - Some of the older Trinity Core servers DID get these scripts right, and it was fantastic. Hardly anyone's ever bothered since then, and to me, it's not classic without them being in or on a true Fix It list.

Again, anything* that's not on the 'Fixed it!' list is definitely on the 'Fix it' list.

3) Dungeon Scripting - worthy attempts at recapturing the classic look and feel is important to me for the special events of an instance.

I don't want to sound like a broken record... ;)

I think Kronos will make a solid effort with what I listed above - but I'm also going in with a healthy dose of skepticism.
It will - and you definitely should

If the staff shows dedication in working with players on bug reports when the players dig up 2006 era proof of something being off, that alone will be worth more than any two things on the list above. I love testing and making reports with good evidence, and feel discouraged when stuff is left broken for 4+ months without a peep. It's happened.
The staff will not only show dedication, but also gratitude. And if you love testing and thus helping to fix things we are gonna love having you here:)

Thanks a lot for your answers (but more opinions will be appreciated for sure)! About "what's behind my pool" - well, I just tried to divide those who know how Twinstar developers work and those who don't know. Also I like pools and add it everywhere I can :blushing:

Well, we'll see whether the skeptics be right or the optimists.

what kind of a senseless poll is that please :biggrin:

@UltraStoat I uess you will love this server then

To the bug fixing / adding that little ingame events - devs [CR]don't[/CR] rarely fix or add anything that is not reported and proved that it should be like you say. If you make a good report, with video of some event, then it should get fixed quickly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Make sure to check on the tracker if its been reported already though. There is no test realm yet so I doubt its usefull if players just randomely report bugs they know from other servers. Might already work here.
False or unnecessary reports still take time to process. Time that is better used elsewhere.

what kind of a senseless poll is that please :biggrin:

@UltraStoat I uess you will love this server then

Agree :D lol :D Nobody can be a prophet. Twinstar got quality servers, (except cata, it will take some more years to bring him on the same quality as the later expansions) . All depends on the population. All we can say is, "We expect a high population" :wink:

1: they use the best/famous 1.12.1 patch
2: they fixed way more than ED the leading private vanilla server
3: they got better ddos protection
4: they are first releasing in Fall when much more is fixed than any other private vanilla server had so less exploit and bugs from start than any other server started with (most on ED have 1-50K gold due to gold exploits for example).

note: ofc many will try to stay on "ED" since they used a lot of time leveling and some raiding but over 1-12 months they will slowly start to realize it means nothing if the server's quality is vastly inferior to Kronos, and since "ED" suffers from heavy ddos waves 1-5 times daily players will loose patience also so no-matter how you look at it people are gonna move here be-course of quality.

Don't underestimate the stupidity of people. If you don't know what you are missing out on you can't look for it.
ED seems like true vanilla for players with no private server or real vanilla background.

Trust me, well over 50% of the ED community never even played retail vanilla. 10 years span would mean the now 20y old guys there would have played with 10y... some might have, but come on. I am 26 now and most of my former guild mates quit long ago. Even 16 was a fairly young age back then.

The hardest part for Kronos will be to sway the existing vanilla community to play here. Some people rather play a bugged server and keep their gear instead of taking a leap of faith to a better project. Vanilla newcomers from expansions will not care for quality cause they obviously can't tell the difference from real vanilla to inferior projects.

Convincing the vanilla community is key imo. If this goes well (and its certainly looks like it) there is no reason why Kronos wouldn't get to be the most awesome 1.12.1 server ever.

Last edited:
Don't underestimate the stupidity of people. If you don't know what you are missing out on you can't look for it.
ED seems like true vanilla for players with no private server or real vanilla background.

Trust me, well over 50% of the ED community never even played retail vanilla. 10 years span would mean the now 20y old guys there would have played with 10y... some might have, but come on. I am 26 now and most of my former guild mates quit long ago. Even 16 was a fairly young age back then.

The hardest part for Kronos will be to sway the existing vanilla community to play here. Some people rather play a bugged server and keep their gear instead of taking a leap of faith to a better project. Vanilla newcomers from expansions will not care for quality cause they obviously can't tell the difference from real vanilla to inferior projects.

Convincing the vanilla community is key imo. If this goes well (and its certainly looks like it) there is no reason why Kronos wouldn't get to be the most awesome 1.12.1 server ever.

I am also 26 and i agree and confirm your Text Lharts.

i played retail since the beta and am now 24, i went to ED since i missed the vanilla feel and now that Kronos is coming i am moving there due to the vast quality difference. not only one the server but also community and website. and "ED" is adding p2w with donation now for raid gear while "Kronos" stays true to vanilla not allowing anything usefull through donation but only cosmetical stuff like a pet.

most that i know on "ED" are stopping to wait for "Kronos" 1 by 1, the only reason i still log in is to test and fix some addons when i have time so it works when "Kronos" is released, my goal is to make an all-in-one addon package that can be used by anyone and contains the best addons with some minor improvement or fix etc.

note: if i had to make a guess i would say 0.1-5% on ED played wow in 1.12.1 retail

Last edited:
Of course, those who remember what was happening in WoW 10 years ago are more sensitive. But let me mention that those who haven't played retail 1.12.1 still have their own eyes, brains and opinion.

There're a lot of rough bugs in ED: broken fear and pull (so fear works as CC), poor ZF etc., missing speeches (even we can see when it should be one!), broken chains, fall to textures. But most thing works "good enough" or even appropriate way. Thus if Kronos team will be able to fix vast majority of such crude bugs, then it'd have nice chances to become popular. To satisfy vanilla veterans is more difficult step.

By the way, it'll be rather hard to convince vanilla community while it may be forbidden to mention another servers' names in game/forums as in ED ones. Also I hope that you'll actively advertise yourself to the Twinstar community as well, as you have influence on your current players.

It'd be good if you post your PR-plan. Valkyrie is poor-populated server, but it's first when you're googling "valkyrie", and Kronos is on the third page or so. It's excusable because Kronos is much more popular word, but...

Sorry for rather incoherent (but IMHO not senseless) post: there's too late here for a good formulating :blink:

ED didnt code the filter very well, you cannot write: Kronos-wow.
but if you write it within " like: "Kronos-wow"
then the filters wont be applied

note: dont forget that "ED" is plagued by ddos and has been so for 1½ years now, but Kronos has even better ddos protection and isn't plagued by it and has a much higher player cap before people need to que to login. i cannot see how Kronos should loose to "ED", especially not since ED is planning to introduce donation raid gear....

Thanks for the responses. Yeah, it looks like I'm cautiously optimistic about the server launch. Perfection is stupid to ask for, but the knowledge that the devs are present and taking proof-positive bug reports serious is a huge boon for players. They have their own work load and time table involving programming projects, but even a "say. you're right. it's on the list" goes a long, long way for player morale.

In regard to the server getting the population when other players are entrenched in various 1.12.1 servers due to what they've built up in characters... Word of mouth is incredibly powerful.

If a server is actively developing content, addresses bugs with patches every few months, squashes hacks flat, enforces server rules, and keeps the server with a stable uptime - then they are already several steps above everyone else that's in the private server game. The other private servers of the 1.12.1 patch might have respectable populations (well, ED anyway), but word gets out when something better is proving itself.

Top Bottom