• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Will the Vanilla API include IsSpellInRange()?

emu

Hey guys,

Currently working on a healing addon (similar to decursive). However testing on some other vanilla servers shows that certain functions don't exist (despite the fact they are in the vanilla API) specifically
Code:
 IsSpellInRange(ID, Type, unit)

While it is possible to work-around it with this, it is not nearly as 'neat' and requires the spell to be on the action bar (at a specific location). Does anyone with beta access know if these work/will work on release?
Code:
[FONT=Georgia]IsActionInRange(actionslotID)[/FONT][COLOR=#282828][FONT=Georgia]
[/FONT][/COLOR]

Afaik IsSpellInRange was added with TBC, that's why it says it doesn't exist.

Answer: no

question: what addon do you need ? perhaps theres an alternative :smile: is your aim to see distance in "yards" or simply know when a spell is in range of target ? the first can only be accomplished by using the in-game spells ranges and it wouldn't be accurate, however the 2nd method is very possible i degraded "rangerecolor" from tbc to vanilla which was rather simple if you want it, i will include it in the recommended package but i think i already added it to my library if not mistaken.

note: but i went ahead and dugup a link to all the API's included in 1.12.1 for ya wowwiki :wink:

Last edited:
Answer: no

question: what addon do you need ? perhaps theres an alternative :smile: is your aim to see distance in "yards" or simply know when a spell is in range of target ? the first can only be accomplished by using the in-game spells ranges and it wouldn't be accurate, however the 2nd method is very possible i degraded "rangerecolor" from tbc to vanilla which was rather simple if you want it, i will include it in the recommended package but i think i already added it to my library if not mistaken.

note: but i went ahead and dugup a link to all the API's included in 1.12.1 for ya wowwiki :wink:

The idea was to do this.

Cycle through raid and party that are in range.
Order them by current % of hp
Display the top (Lowest % of hp)5 on a frame (like decursive) and click them to heal.

Currently everything works but I'm using (CheckInteractDistance(Unit, 4)) to get range (which only returns true at < 28 yards) but heals have a 40 yard range.

Cr0wL0ck: I've looked into code of RangeRecolor, and it's using the IsActionInRange function. But as Emu said, it requires the spell to be at the action bar. Other function probably doesn't exist...

ah sorry, meant to say that "IsSpellInRange" isn't in 1.12.1 but came later :smile:

you might also want to look at these addons:
SpellBookTag: is a great addon to see what abilities from the spell book are on the action bar
learn2spell: ensures that when you learn a higher rank it replaces the lower rank on the action bar.

Top Bottom