• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Other Windfury Totem & Swing Timer

Just to confirm Filvorja's analysis, I performed it myself. Used "Jump to time" VLC extension to get frame time in miliseconds.

00:00:08,640 Mongoose starts to change from 50:02 to 58:01.
00:00:09,322 Mongoose starts to change from 50:01 to 50:00.
~0.682 seconds in real time = 1 second in the video

00:00:21,758 - SS crit 840. 780, white. 411 white. One of these was WF.
00:00:23,680 - 674 white crit. 23.680 - 21.758 = 1.922. Divided by 0.682 it's 2.81, so it matches the speed of AQR.
00:00:25,142 - SS 373 that procs WF 393. MH swing timer was at 2.14 seconds at this point.
00:00:26,502 - 25 energy floating text appears indicating SnD was used.
00:00:26,693 - SnD floating combat text. 342 white hit. MH swing timer would be at ( 26.693 - 23.680 )/0.682 = 4.417 seconds had the MH swing timer not been reset by SS WF proc. From that moment, (26.693 - 25.142)/0.682 = 2.27 time has passed in game.
Slice and Dice brings swing timer from 2.8 to 2.8/1.3 = 2.15, which is very close.
00:00:27,733 - SS 388 that procs WF 382. MH swing timer was at 1.52.
00:00:29,229 - 376 white hit. (29,229 - 27,733)/0.682 = 2.19.

Case closed. Overpowered Windfury procs were fixed to blizzlike and that's all there is.

Last edited:
Case closed. Overpowered Windfury procs were fixed to blizzlike and that's all there is.

So you're going to ignore

[FONT=&quot]"Extra attacks gained from spells and abilities are applied immediately and do not affect normal combat swing time"

because you think Windfury is overpowered?

There's evidence posted in the bug report that suggests Windfury did not reset the swing timer. There's also evidence posted that suggests it did (I guess). However, there's a patch note that Blizzard published stating that Windfury was fixed to not reset the swing timer. Yet you insist that Windfury should reset the swing timer, because you think Windfury is overpowered?

[/FONT]

[CR]This video is not available.

This video does not exist.

Could someone host it somewhere?[/CR]

Got it hosted, thanks.

Last edited:
So you're going to ignore

[FONT=&amp]"Extra attacks gained from spells and abilities are applied immediately and do not affect normal combat swing time"

because you think Windfury is overpowered?

There's evidence posted in the bug report that suggests Windfury did not reset the swing timer. There's also evidence posted that suggests it did (I guess). However, there's a patch note that Blizzard published stating that Windfury was fixed to not reset the swing timer. Yet you insist that Windfury should reset the swing timer, because you think Windfury is overpowered?
[/FONT]

The line you mention is from patch 1.4 notes - not even BWL was released yet. The video that we have analyzed is from AQ+ level content, so the rogue we observed was playing with at least patch 1.9. So... which one is more likely to be true in 1.12 - the old version or the newer version? It is not unheard of that Blizzard used to do silent changes and reversals of changes in the patch notes. Take a look at paladins, for example - it's one big mess. So yes, I am going to ignore it as it is obviously out-of-date.

Regarding the video of that warrior with C'thun axe running around, which I assume you mean by "evidence posted in the bug report that suggests Windfury did not reset the swing timer", I already posted in the bug tracker why that cannot be taken as proof that it didn't reset swing timer.

Fei said:
I have provided proper video evidence and have refuted the blue posts trying to dismantle this request. This is clear as day. This needs re-examined. You cannot dispute the video evidence provided. This is clearly a bug and to deny it is intellectually dishonest.
Fei said:
I have basically the holy grail of video evidence. Patch 1.12 with a relatively decent quality and a combat log showing a hamstring proccing a windfury followed by an auto attack with a 2 handed weapon under its swing timer. This is as pure and concrete as it gets. I have seen the Kronos team state that sometimes forum banter is not good enough and preferring solid video evidence. Now you are opting for anecdotal forum posts. I get that sometimes anecdotal evidence is the best possible evidence but this is clear as day video proof.
Alundoh said:
This is a joke, right? Fei posted UNDENIABLE evidence that this is a bug, and patch notes from retail vanilla indicate that this behavior is a bug and was fixed in patch 1.4. This is insane.

you had me at green text

Top Bottom