• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

world boss kiting to cities?

It's blizzlike and funny, so why punish it? :tongue:

EDIT: I never played on server where kiting was possible before, but I think that situations like this really won't happen everyday. :biggrin:

Last edited:
hehe, yea i asked because i think its very funny indeed, and exciting, you dont see a world boss in ur capital everyday :p

:D
im all up for fun stuff :) i think it makes the world feel more alive :)

you know, the problem is the wow community sees such things now as a "sport",
a thing to do when they are bored or if they wanna have some "fun".

So in the end you will see such things like Kazzak wrecking Stromwind happen pretty often and each time it needs a GM to solve the situation. While the Player doing it might have his fun, it disturbs many others as well as the GMs

Y this was funny sadly Blizzard patches then later that Kazzak can not more leave his Zone (blasted land) after that . :D

Edit: http://www.wowwiki.com/Lord_Kazzak_(tactics)
Notable Attempts
  • Lord Kazzak was kited to Stormwind on numerous servers. Due to the fact that he becomes virtually unkillable after three minutes, he would wreak havoc until a GM intervened. This kiting is no longer possible as Lord Kazzak now will not travel beyond the Blasted Lands.

Last edited:
This was possible only in the first patches when it was full of bugs and undiscussed features in the game.. At 1.12.1 it was made impossible to kite wbosses to capitals long ago. If they made this not possible, that means the people that disliked it were more than the ones who liked it. And when you think of it this isnt fun at all. Imagine if you just want to check your mail or the AH real quick and there is a boss in the middle of the city killing people whole day and screwing your game. This will only cause rage and nothing more. This would be the same buggy crap like the skull level Infernal mob in the middle of Crossroads farming players for hours and not letting them quest.

it's so neat that kiting works, so now when you are aoe farming or kiting mobs they don't reset anymore.

Sure, it is fun. We have a saying in my country though, which goes: "A repeated joke isn't a joke" and I think it applies here aswell. When you see something like Kazzak wrecking Stormwind for the first time it's cool. You don't even mind getting killed a few times, because lol Kazzak in SW. But the next time(s) it happens it's just annoying. You've seen it before and you have little reason to enjoy it, unless you're one of the few people who kited him there to spoil everybody's day. I'm all in for not giving the malicious folk tools to intentionally annoy us just for the sake of annoying somebody.

It would indeed be fun if GMs do events like that. Capital invasions from bosses or elite mobs that drop some kind of useful loot. But after the event is over, despawn all and back to normal. But if regular players are able to do that all the time like goris said, it will only be used for annoyance since it gives no real award, nor it ever gave even in retail for kiting the boss to the city.

It would indeed be fun if GMs do events like that. Capital invasions from bosses or elite mobs that drop some kind of useful loot. But after the event is over, despawn all and back to normal. But if regular players are able to do that all the time like goris said, it will only be used for annoyance since it gives no real award, nor it ever gave even in retail for kiting the boss to the city.
Oh yea,im totally down for somthing like that:)
Maybe, Some weekend evets or something like that to keep the world more alive and dynamic :)

All reasons and moralities aside, even if people wanted to kite world bosses, would it be possible? I have yet to find a private server where ALL mobs are not fixed to an area around the exact point where you pull the mob. It would be cool, i saw a video of Thyrm, a huge-ass giant from Northrend being kited below Dalaran, it was epic.
Although i would certainly go apesh.t if world boss happened to me in capital.

Talking about GM's, what kinda events do eventmasters organise?

- main city raids
- world peeveepee
- hide n seek
- ?

Talking about GM's, what kinda events do eventmasters organise?

- main city raids
- world peeveepee
- hide n seek
- ?
Only thing Event masters organized on K2 were pseudo-Arena events iirc. On the TBC servers there was also stuff like Mazes and "Travel to Jerusalem"(Idk if there's specific names in other languages, basically everyone walks around in a circle until a command, when everyone sits down. There is one chair missing, and the person who doesn't manage to sit down in time is out)

LOGGED ON WOW IN THE BLASTED LANDS
GOT THE FARMED LUNG JUICE MAN THATS THE PLAN
LOOKED OVER THE HILL WHAT DID I SEE
A PALADIN
A PALADIN

I have yet to find a private server where ALL mobs are not fixed to an area around the exact point where you pull the mob.

Its possible in VG, and was made possible in RB a few months ago. And Kronos has fixed it. On TBC only CC have it.

Most popular realms like peenix(lol) and HG doesnt have a correct reset timer implemented. Dunno the reason for HG but peenix can NEVER FIX ANYTHING anyway, so no surprises there ^^

Pic related, its the peenix playaz.

Last edited:
At least Failnix is providing me with some great addons, like nameplates with debuffs on them, good clean user interfaces and many other nice things. I am trying to get most of them so one day, when i am not lazy as f.ck, i can post it here.

At least Failnix is providing me with some great addons, like nameplates with debuffs on them, good clean user interfaces and many other nice things. I am trying to get most of them so one day, when i am not lazy as f.ck, i can post it here.
the nameplates sound cool

Top Bottom