• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

World Chat

Did you know on ED/Warsong, the world channel eliminates LookingForGroup, Trade, WorldDefense, GuildRecruitment and LocalDefense channels?

Yeah but its filled with bunch of Rturds. I used World chann for quiet some time when ED came out, but when more and more ****ts started to spam dicks, insulting each other, talkin what country is the best and stuff like that i was done with it. The idea behind WChat is good, problem is players will always turn it into shit no matter where it is Retail or Private, my personal experience with it was always in the end bad and i am talkin about 10 years of playin WoW. It is better to have specific channels for Trade LFG etc. so you can filter things you just need in WChat its all in one chat and load of time it ends up in scrollin the channel lookin in spam for that specific post you were interested in ( like LF tank UBRS and you didnt catch the guys name ). But thats just my opinion and experience.

If the Word Chat could be overseen by trust-worthy people, then it wouldn't be a problem. But it's just asking too much, I think.

I like the level 20 required / no cross faction gobal chat restrictions that were mentioned. The only thing I'd use a global chat for would be LFG or BG group forming, and I'd only bother to put the thing on at certain times. If there was only a single general purpose global chat and nothing else, I wouldn't turn it on at all.

Gamers have just gotten to the point that they need to share all kinds of stupid shit that they see on Reddit or other sources with the whole server. I ain't got time for that.

Crossfaction world chat is stupid

as nice as it would be to be able to see what the other faction is saying without logging onto said faction, it's so far from blizzlike. you'll have to make do with your so me ke o y p and L t a a F and whatever :tongue:

Just so you know I'm fairly sure the devs have already ruled out the possibility of crossfaction world chat.

Tbh i'd lower world chat restriction to level 10 or level 15 top. It's still several hours of leveling and would make finding those RFC and WC party members way easier.

eng etc have classic world and we Cz sk and others , we can make new channel any as ,,cz sk,, ,,cze,, etc ...

People seem to be forgetting that the "/world" chat is usually player made and governed. People have just agreed in silence to all type "/join world" when they are eligible to join it. You are free to never join it. You are also free to leave whenever you feel like it. The staff shouldn't have much to say about a, unofficial channel, which is originally created by a random bloke. They only should force a minimum level entry to lvl 15-20.

I personally enjoy the world chat. It gets rather dull and boring whils't running around and questing, It's entertaining to read some quality trolling from time to time, even if you get upset you can always "/leave #"
World chat makes me smirk & smile every now and then.

I don't get it why people get upset and butthurt with something they are not forced to tolerate to begin with. Even The Staff should know their boundries and not start banning and disabling everything.

Last edited:
I don't get it why people get upset and butthurt with something they are not forced to tolerate to begin with.

There is an unfortunate situation on ED that you are essentially forced to use world chat because no one on there has embraced any other channel for looking for groups or trading. But apparently the ED staff messed up and made every other channel (besides general chat and local defense) impossible to send messages to from outside a major city. They've fixed this now but still nothing will get people to start using the LFG channel.

Since I'm fairly sure the mix up on the part of the devs was the cause of this problem I suppose I was just overreacting in making this thread, I just really hope it doesn't also happen on Kronos. I like seeing some fun chat on world chat while out leveling but when you just want to find a group or look for an enchant or something, and the chat is flying by so fast that it becomes totally unusable for very long periods of time it gets pretty damn annoying if there is no /LFG option.

Last edited:
The world channel in ED turns to cancer mode, when it's at peak in evenings. I like to read it too, while questing and such, but many topics are so dull and immature... (Ebola virus)

Top Bottom