• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Other World Elites vs. Instance Elites (and bosses)

Rolexsweep

Authorized
Good day,

I want to bring up the question you have all probably noticed by now: that elites out in the world are demigods compared to their instanced brothers and sisters.

A few examples:

- The lvl 36 Scarlet mob outside SM Cath hits harder than Commander Mograine inside it.
- Getting in to BFD is harder than the actual instance, despite the mobs being ~4 to 6 levels lower.
- Hideskinners in Jintha'Alor crit for up to 700 damage. Tanking two of these requires shieldwall.
- You can tank any boss in Zul'Farrak with a renew/rejuv as the only healing source without a problem.

Before I start researching I just want to get a feeling which of the two is correct, because frankly it is hard to just pull off random memories from back in the day. Personally I believe the answer lies somewhere in between: world elites are overtuned and instance mobs, in particular bosses, are undertuned.

I have not gotten to EPL yet, but it should be fairly easy to get some original footage of Tyr's Hand - a common place for both melee and ranged to farm elites. My gut feeling is that the melee mobs there can 3 shot a warrior, like most other elites do at the moment.

I have experienced the Redridge Elite orcs and Wetlands Elite dwarfs hitting really hard. I assume this happens with all World Elites. For this i thought a solution could be to find as many old videos as possible and check out the damage and compare them, then you find the percentage and you could implement this to all World Elites. But first all those World Elites should be reported one by one and show how much damage they are doing and then see if that percentage fits for the newly reported World Elites too. Same can be done for Instance Elites i guess. But i dont know how the damage is calculated in the codes, so im just making a suggestion.

If anyone finds dungeon videos uploaded before December 2006, then it will be definitly helpfull, just post it below a dungeon report. Video should be showing damage dealt of all kinds of mobs within those Dungeons.

Last edited:
Gonna see if I can find some old video footage this week. At the moment I only have anecdotal arguments as to why they hit too hard. Duskwing crit me for around 1800 last night etc :) Seems to be a straight melee hit issue, not special abilities and spells.

It has come to the point where you need to kite in order to do elites. I.e. we did Borelgore with healer, tank and melee dps last night. Didn't even reach 50% because the healer oomed too fast. When we just yolo-taunted and hamstringed it worked better, because we avoided the insane melee hits.

Top Bottom