• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Priest Wow Vanilla Priest Healing Guide

It's an alright read, although I think there are already multiple decent vanilla priest resources out there. (http://vanillapriest.blogspot.com for example)

A few things I disagree with from a quick glance:

From the healing spells, you should have r2 Heal, r1, r3 and max rank Greater Heal, r1, r3 and max rank Renew, r3 Lesser Heal, r2 and max rank Prayer of Healing, r1 and max rank Flash Heal (and maybe r4 or something if you want to roleplay a paladin) and max rank PW:S. This isn't really necessary as Vanilla content was developed for healers who were just using Flash Heal with 5k mana and no world buffs, but it's what you want to have if you're interested in playing the mana/healing game. Some tryhards like to keybind every rank of Greater Heal from 3 onwards, but I've never personally bothered.

Your pvp hybrid spec is erroneous; first of all you don't need more than 2 points of Shadow Focus, and you can still get dispel resists on opponents so you really should just get the hit from gear and put the points elsewhere. The holy crit talent is pretty useless in any hybrid spec as you generally won't be smiting much and lack Inspiration which would benefit from crits. Meanwhile you'll probably be casting a lot of Renews. I've never been a huge fan of Divine Fury in any non-smite pvp spec either, unless you have the ZG Haste trinket in which case it's alright. If you feel you lack healing you can just pick up VE, or try to plan your gcd/casts better. Improved Mind Blast also feels inferior to Shadow Weaving in just about any teamplay situation, and isn't that necessary for solo play either, if you want to be a lord of darkness you should just roll a warlock. You should also pick up 2/2 imp. PW:F and Holy Nova. The spec should look something like this if you lack the hit from gear: http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#bxMGs0bZfVzZqMrdcd with the last point being up to you.

The Holy PvE spec is pretty poor for PvP, especially if you don't have Holy Nova or Martyrdom, but Vanilla is generally fairly lax in terms of what is required, so you can mostly play whatever and do well enough.

Last edited:
Thanks heaps for your comments!!!

Aware there's lots of guides out there, just having a go at writing again. I think I'll change it from a 'comprehensive' guide to an 'essentials' guide.

And good to hear your thoughts on certain things, will help improve my playstyle.

Your pvp hybrid spec is erroneous; first of all you don't need more than 2 points of Shadow Focus, and you can still get dispel resists on opponents so you really should just get the hit from gear and put the points elsewhere. The holy crit talent is pretty useless in any hybrid spec as you generally won't be smiting much and lack Inspiration which would benefit from crits. Meanwhile you'll probably be casting a lot of Renews. I've never been a huge fan of Divine Fury in any non-smite pvp spec either, unless you have the ZG Haste trinket in which case it's alright. If you feel you lack healing you can just pick up VE, or try to plan your gcd/casts better. Improved Mind Blast also feels inferior to Shadow Weaving in just about any teamplay situation, and isn't that necessary for solo play either, if you want to be a lord of darkness you should just roll a warlock. You should also pick up 2/2 imp. PW:F and Holy Nova. The spec should look something like this if you lack the hit from gear: http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#bxMGs0bZfVzZqMrdcd with the last point being up to you.

The Holy PvE spec is pretty poor for PvP, especially if you don't have Holy Nova or Martyrdom, but Vanilla is generally fairly lax in terms of what is required, so you can mostly play whatever and do well enough.

Ok cool I hear what you're saying about most of this, not sure why I suggest Divine Fury when all you do is Flash Heal in PVP. The only thing I'm not sure about is why you stop at 2/5 Shadow Focus? I was under the impression you need 6% hit for PVP.

Top Bottom