• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Wsg marks

Killswitch

Authorized
It seems that there is some sort off bug with the marks of honor.

I have won games and lost em, without receiving any marks.

This also happend to other players, and i have no idea how or when this happens.

Sorry i cant be anymore help to you about it.

You already posted this into the bug report, there is no need to post it to the forum aswell. There are two possibilities I could think of straight away

1) Full inventory
2) You already have 20 WSG marks

in both cases, a mail should arrive with the remaining marks you couldn't carry. The mail will last 24 hours only. I know this already works in case 2), but if there is something else we need you to provide more info.

Neither off the 2 are this case, i had 2 in bags and plenty more room in them.

Im aware of me posting it on bugtracker, but i made the forum post 1st and after the bugtracker.

The game i just won, had the same result : Horde 1, Alliance 0. Still 2 marks in my bags.

Due to not enough players, the game ended under 5 mins.

It seems that if the game wont reward marks if it ends under a certain period off time.

I dont believe this was the same, in retail vanilla as it would make no sense for premade's to rush wins.

Last edited:
When we had 5 min games, due too less players we tried to cap as many flags as we could.

When we capped the 2nd, we dint have enough time for a 3rd. Game ended.

Not entirely sure wether marks are to be giving if the game end due to players.

But we won the game, and dint get any marks for it.

"Winning" a WSG with two capped flags (due to too less players) has never counted as a real Win worth three marks.

Soft-Evidence: "At the same time, WSG was turning into quite a pain. Not having a deserter system back then, the game let our opponents leave the BG instantly when they saw it was a premade. This resulted in our entire days being spent trying to cap 3 flags before the 5 minutes of 0 enemy players are up. How fun does that sound? I could go entire days without a single HK and still get good progress towards rank 14. Now it’s not even PvP anymore, it’s just rogues with rocket boots and preparation running flags from one room to another."
http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1321733-My-story-of-getting-PvP-Rank-14-in-WoW-s-very-first-honor-system-back-in-2005

A bit off topic but when is a good time to do WSG? Only want to do bgs casually for now since I suck as a druid lol. But almost every time I try it's either 4 vs 10 or none up.

If you are alliance just sign in with a few friends and you should be fine at any time of the day. Horde always signs in, even after losses.

Top Bottom